PDA

View Full Version : Sony+Nintendo=crap, X-Box+X-Box=world domination

jamesw04
03-09-2002, 04:00 PM
X box already have two notches on there belt with such titles as "best launch ever" and "best console ever" so its no wonder PS2 owners are trying to defend sony. I sold my PS2 weeks ago to get an X-Box and i haven't regretted it one bit. The only critisism i have with the box is that it is keeping me up ALL NIGHT with HALO.

HaloUK
03-09-2002, 04:19 PM
You can't just dismiss the PS2 and Gamecube as 'crap'. Both systems have their plus points and have interesting current and upcoming titles.
Having said this, I too have just sold my PS2 and am looking forward to the 14th when I pick up my XBox. It's just that writing these two consoles off completely brings you down to the level of the Sony owners that you complained about for defending their systems...
Can't we all just get on with each other and enjoy some **** fine games?

HaloUK
03-09-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by HaloUK
What happened there? My post was censored immediately! It wasn't even a swear word! Maybe it could offend VERY religious people but it's unlikely..... ****!

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!!

Loner
03-09-2002, 04:26 PM
it's just personal preference, there's room in the market for more than one console, and a likeing for each of those console's. and why shouldn't people defend something they own? as long as you've have a fun playing something, why bash the other console's?

The Terminator
03-09-2002, 05:14 PM

What happened there? My post was censored immediately! It wasn't even a swear word! Maybe it could offend VERY religious people but it's unlikely..... ****!

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!!

It's an automatic language filter built into the message board. You can still say ass and hell though... =]

HaloUK
03-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by The Terminator
It's an automatic language filter built into the message board. You can still say ass and hell though... =]
But I only said d-a-m-n! What's so offensive about that?

jamesw04
03-10-2002, 07:06 AM
I didn't really mean it when i used the word "crap" as I did have a PS2 for over a year, i just wanted to make a point that X-Box is better than any goddam console out there which i think most of you dudes out there will agree. P.S, is Rallisport Challenge worth getting? as i have money burning a whole in my pocket.

jamesw04
03-10-2002, 07:08 AM
About this language filter. HaloUK, why don't you write all the swear words you can think of and see which ones it blocks out.

Halo of Flies
03-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by jamesw04
About this language filter. HaloUK, why don't you write all the swear words you can think of and see which ones it blocks out.

HeHe, just tried it with a preview :D
Among others a couple of 'B' words got through..... which is a bit **** if it won't allow d-a-m-n!

wweomaniac
03-10-2002, 05:30 PM
OK... I don't mind you dissing Nintendo Gamecube because looking at the facts, its straight crap. This will be their downfall.

However, I don't think that you should be dissing PS2. Ps2 is a good system. It was really the first attempt by any company with making a console that would go to the "next" level.

It has tonnes of games, and if its the games you like and you don't mind the graphics... then PS2 would be a great choice. XBOX has a lot of potential, but don't diss PS2.

Plewis
03-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
OK... I don't mind you dissing Nintendo Gamecube because looking at the facts, its straight crap. This will be their downfall.

However, I don't think that you should be dissing PS2. Ps2 is a good system. It was really the first attempt by any company with making a console that would go to the "next" level.

It has tonnes of games, and if its the games you like and you don't mind the graphics... then PS2 would be a great choice. XBOX has a lot of potential, but don't diss PS2.

I don't know what facts your looking at but the ones I look at say Gamecube is the superior system:rolleyes:
+Faster Load times (almost cartridge speed):eek:
+Has Pulled Most Polys/Sec (Rogue Leader)
+$100 cheaper

Halo of Flies
03-10-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
Ps2 is a good system. It was really the first attempt by any company with making a console that would go to the "next" level.

I think the PS2 has some great games and isn't a bad system all round but what are you on about? The PS2 (coming afer the Dreamcast) wasn't in ANY way groundbreaking. It merely improved things a little bit. There was absolutely nothing 'next' level about it.

manboy
03-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Too bad Rogue Leader still looks like crap, haw. I can't stand Nintendo's Mario, Metroid, Banjo friggin Kazooie and Donkey Kong love fest. Seeing these characters/games makes me want to barf. Not to mention their line of crappy shooters trying to mimic goldeneye's success. Perfect Dark, *laughs*. Gee, I can't wait for the next pile o' poo.

Plewis
03-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by manboy
Too bad Rogue Leader still looks like crap, haw. I can't stand Nintendo's Mario, Metroid, Banjo friggin Kazooie and Donkey Kong love fest. Seeing these characters/games makes me want to barf. Not to mention their line of crappy shooters trying to mimic goldeneye's success. Perfect Dark, *laughs*. Gee, I can't wait for the next pile o' poo.

Muck Fanboy:D

TRUE_GAMER
03-11-2002, 02:08 AM
You can't just dismiss the PS2 and Gamecube as 'crap'. Both systems have their plus points and have interesting current and upcoming titles.
Having said this, I too have just sold my PS2 and am looking forward to the 14th when I pick up my XBox. It's just that writing these two consoles off completely brings you down to the level of the Sony owners that you complained about for defending their systems...

I agree with you on this. I happen to own both the Cube and the XBOX. And I can't wait for certain titles for the both of them. If the Cube gets FF and the XBOX doesn't then I would buy it for the Cube. See there is a plus for having these two systems. As for the PS2 it does have good graphics and games. But it is no longer the best console. That is what the PS2 fanboys have to come to realize, maybe some of them do and just don't want to admit it.

jamesw04
03-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Overall (and i think most of you will agree) you should buy the system that you feel best with (dispite what i have said earlier). We are getting a Gamecube because my sister wants Zelda, I had a PS2 because it was the latest craze, (keyword:WAS) But now XBox is out, I feel that it is the best console and if you are on this forum then you will agree to this. XBox definately has the best launch line up of games for all ages.

PS. Metal Gear Solid 2 for the PS2 turn out to be a bit of a dissapointment didn't it.

Nothing to do with games, but i found a very funny site called "www.dumblaws.com" check it out

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 10:55 AM
You know what? I can care less if I get bashed from all angles for saying this...but, hell will freeze over before I buy a console made by Sony or Nintendo.

I did the Nintendo thing....all I have is a combination of good and bad memories. The good memories were with the NES, and Super NES. The bad memories were with the N64, though, I did have some good ones.

I have way more good memories with the Sega consoles. I never owned a PoS1 or PoS2, though, I have played them a lot. For some reason, Sony didn't really give me that feeling that I had to run out and buy the system. I knew that Microsoft was going to come out with the XBox, so, I decided to wait for that instead.

And, now that I have my XBox, I will never go back! I love this thing and the XBox is the main reason why I'm here. This site is XBoxaddict.com.....not IPreferMyXBoxHoweverIAlsoLoveMyGameCubeAndPoS2.com

Just my opinion :)

jamesw04
03-11-2002, 12:36 PM
XBox definately is the best console and definately has the best games.
Do any of you own Rallisport Challenge, because if you do, can you say if it is worth getting. Cheers

Maximus, i can tell that you agree with my statement "nintendo+sony=crap"
:D :cool: :) :p ;)

raVen
03-11-2002, 12:45 PM
I haven't got the game but I can tell you it recieved very high reviews (and half the regulars on this board have been raving about it). Its supposed to be really good, just don't buy it expecting an ultra-realistic sim.
It's supposed to be the best driving game out for Xbox so far apparently.

Well, I'm definately getting it on launch (whenever that is).

jamesw04
03-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Thanks raVen, I will definately be getting it, as you are from newZeland, just out of the question, what time is it? Its 7:00 here in England.

What other games would you recommend?

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by jamesw04
XBox definately is the best console and definately has the best games.
Do any of you own Rallisport Challenge, because if you do, can you say if it is worth getting. Cheers

Maximus, i can tell that you agree with my statement "nintendo+sony=crap"
:D :cool: :) :p ;)

Well, let's see...should you get Rallisport Challenge...let me think about that for a sec....

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Highlite23
03-11-2002, 05:01 PM
I have to agree with some of the other posts, all 3 systems have their plus/minuses. I just feel that at this moment the xbox looks like it will force the issue, at least with Sony. Nintendo has always kind of marched to it's own drummer. PS2 and XBOX will keep each other thinking ahead. I think as time goes by PS2 owners are seeing the real xbox, just like it took PS2 a few months to show off it's true achievments. I think Sony is currently doing everything it can to downplay the XBOX, going on-line, at a sugnificant cost to PS2 owners, price cuts, etc...all of this wouldn't be happening if they weren't just a little concerned.

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 05:42 PM
One of the biggest qualms that I have about Nintendo is how they milk their characters with all their worth. I mean, how pathetic would it be if the XBox had:

1. Halo Brothers
2. Super Halo Brothers
3. Super Halo Brothers 64
4. HaloKart
5. Super Smash Halo Melee
6. Halo Golg
7. Halo Tennis
8. Paper Halo

I mean, do I really need to go on!?! :D

skoot182
03-11-2002, 07:44 PM
hehe :D

DBXNY
03-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
One of the biggest qualms that I have about Nintendo is how they milk their characters with all their worth. I mean, how pathetic would it be if the XBox had:

1. Halo Brothers
2. Super Halo Brothers
3. Super Halo Brothers 64
4. HaloKart
5. Super Smash Halo Melee
6. Halo Golg
7. Halo Tennis
8. Paper Halo

I mean, do I really need to go on!?! :D

LMAO!!!!!! Max, this is probably the best and funniest description of this trend I've ever seen.

darqxvi
03-11-2002, 09:36 PM
To my knowledge every single one of those Nintendo games you mentioned max, are very good. I see no reason to make fun of the franchise, are you just mad that us X-Box owners don't even have mascot characters to make those kind of games, just curious. Last that I heard its Mario GOLF, not GOLG, spell correctly before you attempt to put something down. Nintendo is a very strong company and we shouldn't under estimate it quite just yet. Flame me all you want, gives me a good laugh.

TRUE_GAMER
03-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by darqxvi
To my knowledge every single one of those Nintendo games you mentioned max, are very good. I see no reason to make fun of the franchise, are you just mad that us X-Box owners don't even have mascot characters to make those kind of games, just curious. Last that I heard its Mario GOLF, not GOLG, spell correctly before you attempt to put something down. Nintendo is a very strong company and we shouldn't under estimate it quite just yet. Flame me all you want, gives me a good laugh.

Everybody aways be asking what is a newbie, well folks this post right here is from a newbie. How gives a rats ass if he spelled the d@mn word. We are no longer kids and in school, most of us anyway. So we tend to not care about little details like a misspelled word. Come on now I'm sure you are not perfect. As for the games he listed yes some of them were good titles, Max is just saying, we don't need to have many titles with the same character in every game. So chill out and enjoy the best XBOX site in the world, and welcome to our world. If you have any questions about any of these games listed below feel free to ask me, I'll help as much as I can. Till next time.