PDA

View Full Version : About the Xbox

Stanto
03-09-2002, 05:12 PM
This is one question that i have always wondered and only know have i been bothered to do something about it. Im from australia so i dont know all the details. When you buy a game do you have to install it to the hard drive of the xbox (as i was so told by a friend.) or can you just play it of the game disc.

HaloUK
03-09-2002, 05:13 PM
You just play it from the disc (the hard-drive is just used temporarily by the games).

Afro Aura
03-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Stanto
This is one question that i have always wondered and only know have i been bothered to do something about it. Im from australia so i dont know all the details. When you buy a game do you have to install it to the hard drive of the xbox (as i was so told by a friend.) or can you just play it of the game disc.
LOL is your friend a PS2 owner, because Sony said that all the game that come on the XBOX will have to be installed. Well thats rubbish, Mr Gate quite blankly said he does not want any game to be installed onto the XBOX as he's trying to get away with people thinking that the XBOX is just a jumped up PC
and tell your friend to go and buy one and stop listening to the cr@p thats coming out of Sonys ass

Snoopy7548
03-09-2002, 07:43 PM
yea, you have to install the game if you want to play them. sometimes you might get an error, in that case, u have to reformat harddrive, and lose everything, then u need to reinstall windows on it. its such a pain to do all that stuff. and sometimes i get the blue screen when i install games.haha;)

Halo of Flies
03-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
yea, you have to install the game if you want to play them. sometimes you might get an error, in that case, u have to reformat harddrive, and lose everything, then u need to reinstall windows on it. its such a pain to do all that stuff. and sometimes i get the blue screen when i install games.haha;)
Sounds like you haven't upgraded your XBox to Windows XP you fool! Didn't you read the manual? Also you might wanna try putting some more memory in..

Snoopy7548
03-10-2002, 11:24 AM
really? thanks man

Mr.XboxLover
03-10-2002, 12:53 PM
Dont forget you need to defrag it for about 2 hours every evening...

Mr.XboxLover

Frostberg
03-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Isisnt it just silly about all the rumors that go around about the Xbox? Its like there was a PS2 and GC convention...like they teamed up to knock the xbox off the planet because they are so jealous! And no, the Xbox doesnt overheat, steal your personal information, or needs to be recalled...it is perfect!

nick san
03-10-2002, 01:57 PM
dont you hate it when people who arn't informed about XBox start telling things it can and cannot do? Someone at my school told me that if you unplug the wire from the controller, then it can be infra red, pfft.

Another one told me that thier uncles friends, son has an Xbox that started smoking and caught on fire, and this was before they were even released.

Afro Aura
03-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by nick san
dont you hate it when people who arn't informed about XBox start telling things it can and cannot do? Someone at my school told me that if you unplug the wire from the controller, then it can be infra red, pfft.

Another one told me that thier uncles friends, son has an Xbox that started smoking and caught on fire, and this was before they were even released.
There all fools I tell ya all fools