PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened?

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
First off, the reason this is in collecters corner, and not where it should be is, ( i don't know where it should be) and also, im sure some collecters have been lost in this equation.

Less than 2 weeks ago, there was 57,143, now there is 38,865
that's a loss of 18,278

If this trend continues, that means in one month there will be 2,309
and we will be population poor.

So just let me know if it was just a general clean up of all the "1 post" ers and people who have been unactive for a long time. and armageddon is'nt coming.

SpaceGhost2K
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
First off, the reason this is in collecters corner, and not where it should be is, ( i don't know where it should be) and also, im sure some collecters have been lost in this equation.

Less than 2 weeks ago, there was 57,143, now there is 38,865
that's a loss of 18,278

If this trend continues, that means in one month there will be 2,309
and we will be population poor.

So just let me know if it was just a general clean up of all the "1 post" ers and people who have been unactive for a long time. and armageddon is'nt coming.

You're the second guy who's brought this up, but I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking members, or posts, or threads, or what?

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Whoops, yeh members

Kamshaft
04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I can answer this. We (I rather) did a dead members cleanup. What I mean by "dead" is erased, the people that never replied to the "signup to the forums" emails. There were 18,000 of them over the course of 8 years. This clean up was long overdue.

That number should not go lower anymore.

This clean up should in turn allow new people to sign up with a username that was otherwise taken.

Hope that helps.:cool:

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
ah cool,
Just one quesion though, If they never replied to said e-mails, how come they still count as a "registered member";)
or is that a "if i tell you, i'll have to kill you" answer.

But thanks for the clarification. I have an inquisitive.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Damn, Kam gave the real answer, I had an awesome story made up that was going to explain it...with goats.

Kamshaft
04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Damn, Kam gave the real answer, I had an awesome story made up that was going to explain it...with goats.

Ah man!:whistle:
I still wanna hear the goat story!

Kamshaft
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
ah cool,
Just one quesion though, If they never replied to said e-mails, how come they still count as a "registered member";)
or is that a "if i tell you, i'll have to kill you" answer.

But thanks for the clarification. I have an inquisitive.

It was a bug in the script I made. And I honestly didn't think 18,000 people wouldn't reply to their emails either...LOL

SpaceGhost2K
04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
It was a bug in the script I made. And I honestly didn't think 18,000 people wouldn't reply to their emails either...LOL

Hey, I know why... because they never got the emails. Do you remember what lengths we had to go to to get a confirmation email to finally show up in my inbox? They probably entered, never got a confirmation, and moved on.

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Ah, that clears it up, also that was meant to say "i have an inquisitive mind."
I really need to learn to start finishing my.

KatamariKutie
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Ah, that clears it up, also that was meant to say "i have an inquisitive mind."
I really need to learn to start finishing my.

Say it!! Sentences!!! Yargh!!!!!

I'm not ocd I'm not ocd I'm not ocd I'm not ocd.

mattgame
04-09-2009, 09:41 PM
My post count went down so I don't care if we dropped some dead weight!