PDA

View Full Version : Printed Custom Images here.

SpaceGhost2K
06-17-2009, 10:25 PM
This is a thread where you can show off art that you created, in essence making it available for others to print.

In other words, if you create an image that would look great on a faceplate, link it here so people can show it.

HERE ARE THE RULES (YES, there are RULES):

1) Pictures should be no smaller than 12" x 4", or 1200 pixels x 400 pixels (at 100 dpi).

2) You should run the image through the design studio, and take a picture of the image on the design studio template, so that people can see what your image would actually look like on a plate.

(That means every post would have two images: one, the downloadable image, and two, the fake faceplate using the image.)

3) Images CANNOT be copyrighted or trademarked images. If you want to make yourself a Pac-Man plate for your own use, you can do that... BUT... you can't throw the picture out there for others to use.

4) ANY images that would not be accepted by the site will be deleted here. No nudity, no libel, no racism, no gore (blood and gore - with blood, just use your good judgment, and if you don't have any then don't risk it.)

5) Any poster who willfully violates these rules could suffer additional punishment besides having their post deleted. I don't wield a ban hammer, but I sure as hell know how to summon one!

----

Think of it this way: If you drew it, it's okay. If you drew someone's intestines hanging out of their open belly, it's not. If you took the photo, it's okay. If you took the photo of a Bayonetta screenshot, it's not. If it came from a site that clearly states that the image is in the public domain, even if it can't be used for commercial purposes, it's okay. Girls in bikinis are okay. (Heck, they're MORE than okay by me :) ). Girls with exposed boobs are NOT okay. The Statue of King David and his ding-a-ling is PROBABLY okay. (If your post disappears, someone else apparently disagreed.)

Nature, architecture, NASA photos, texture photos, very old photos or paintings, etc. make for good images. It's up to you to pull out the photos that make for good faceplates.

I'll get some in here as soon as I can. Some of mine will also, actually be available on the site at some point. That doesn't mean if you like it that you can't go ahead and make a "do it yourself" version.

racingfreak92
08-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Whats your issue with putting up trademarked images? My posting a image you are not committing a crime. Posting a image here is no different than posting a wallpaper you made for people to check out, as far as i know it is no way illegal. What people do with that image once its out their is out of your hands. Even then its not illegal in this case as people are printing them for personal use

SpaceGhost2K
08-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Whats your issue with putting up trademarked images? My posting a image you are not committing a crime. Posting a image here is no different than posting a wallpaper you made for people to check out, as far as i know it is no way illegal. What people do with that image once its out their is out of your hands. Even then its not illegal in this case as people are printing them for personal use

Because we are encouraging people to make faceplates from these images, which could potentially detract from the sales of a real faceplate.

For instance, let's say I did this awesome Gears of War 2 image. If I wanted to make one for myself, it's not a big deal. But if I put that image up here and encouraged a large number of people to go make themselves Gears of War 2 faceplates, Epic would smack me upside the head. There is no "maybe they wouldn't" or anything. I've already gotten the email smackdown for making a custom Gears of War plate.

There's this thing called "due diligence" that applies to trademark and copyright holders. They have to aggressively protect their intellectual property under EVERY circumstance, because if they are not diligent and let one slide, then someone else could use that to justify a blatant ripoff of their property.

Here's an example. George Lucas and Lucasfilm Limited. Lucas and LFL allow fan films based on the Star Wars universe, as long as they are not used to generate revenue. They might get you noticed, make you famous, get you a job by showing off your skills or whatever, but they can't be just sold for profit. Also, the music from Star Wars does not fall under the same "permissive use" clause. You can make your own Star Wars film, but you can't use their music.

That's why "Pink Five" has her own, very "Star Wars-sounding" theme that isn't John Williams' "Star Wars Theme."

"Ryan vs. Dorkman 2" is a fan film whose only connection to Star Wars is that two guys fight for ten minutes with lightsabers, and use a "force push." They had their own music composed for the battle. But it cost them a lot in time and resources, plus they had to rent the location. To help offset those funds, they couldn't sell their movie. So what they did was they sold a "making of" DVD that included their self-composed soundtrack, and they "threw in" the finished film for free. You can find the finished film online, so technically its value is "$0" anyway.

If you go to PinataIsland.com, there are images of faceplates that were never made, and at the website for 'splosion Man, they have four faceplate images that you can use with the "Nyko Game Face" faceplate printer. I would rather point people to those sites, than host them here and risk retribution.

paris
03-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Huy! I'll see what i can do. Custom images and face plates depict your mood and style. These are necessary regarding your style.