PDA

View Full Version : BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Shawn-XBA
07-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Anyone pick this up?

I've been reading reviews on this game and some reviewers are calling it the best fighting game they have ever played.

IGN had this to say:

“Honestly, there’s no way I could describe everything I love about BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger because I would be writing a novel. All you need to know is that this has become one of my favorite fighters of all time and the level of polish and detail this 2D wonder has is amazing. The character designs are excellent, the fighting mechanics are top-notch and there are even extra animated scenes that feature chibi (super adorable) versions of the characters talking about the BlazBlue universe.“

Variation-XBA
07-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I've heard nothing but good things, and I really should get it to make more use of my SF4 Tourny stick, but I dunno, I just cant seem to justify it yet. Maybe they should do a demo

HaZarD SFD
07-07-2009, 05:53 PM
http://jaredrea.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2rmqt09.jpg

http://www.juegomania.org/BlazBlue:+Calamity+Trigger/foto/ps3/0/517/275344.jpg/Foto+BlazBlue:+Calamity+Trigger.jpg

Kamshaft
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/game-profile/Xbox-360/1766/BlazBlue:-Calamity-Trigger.html

:huh:

WillyV2
07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I think June 30th was an older release date - I remember seeing it on Gamespot or IGN back a while ago.

I think I might try this game out - it looks decent. I love Street Fighter IV and have been looking into this game for a while now. Finally, two decent arcade-esque fighting games are released close to each other.

Symmetric-XBA
07-11-2009, 08:38 PM
yeah i pre-ordered this so got the upgrade to the collectors edt. for free. this game is flat out phenominal. If you enjoy 2d fighting games, then this is your game. If you enjoy VERY FLUID 60fps graphics that will blow you away, then this is the title for you. 4 to 1 play ratio BlazBlue v.s. Street Fighter 4 over in Japan. It smashes street fighter and in my opinion wears the crown for the best 2D fighting game on the 360.

This game though is COMPLEX. And when I say complex, I mean throwing your controller through the tv and throwing your xbox out the window complex. To give you an example, the collector's edt. comes w/ a HINT DVD, let me repeat that again... A HINT DVD, where you can go through and examine the different moves, combos, etc.. for each character. Well thats all good, except that this game is so advanced that not even the HINT DVD has all the moves, combos, and in some instances, NO INPUT AT ALL! lol. The character Hakumen has this move where on the hint DVD all that pops up for button inputs is a "?". LOL thats all you get to see! lol This is not the type of game where you can button mash your way to victory, or become a master in a weekend session.

To give you an example of some of the combos:
for this example think of the 360 controller mapped out this way

a = a (weak attack)
b = b (medium)
x = c (strong)
y = d (distortion drive)

Now using the traditional street fighter button inputs for like a fireball (down, down-forward, forward, button press)

One combo could be the following

d
jump and fireball a
b
cancel into dragon punch d
down x
reverse fireball a
up b
reverse fireball into half circle forward d

Thats a VERY basic combo but with all the controls mappable, its a very customizable game.

Oh and I forgot to mention that the story line is VERY indepth lol It would take roughly an entire page if I told ya how to get 100% of the story mode lol.

Bottom line: PURCHASE THIS TITLE

Symmetric-XBA
07-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I really should get it to make more use of my SF4 Tourny stick

Hate to break it to you but those tourney sticks and fightpads are useless in this game since the game utilizes BOTH sticks for a 2D fighting game. The right stick is default mapped for special moves to make combos just a smidge easier, but w/ the fightpads and the tourney stick, unf. you have no way to control the 2nd stick, so even if you went toe to toe w/ someone on live using a reg. controller, good chances are that you'd unf. get smashed b/c you don't have the mapping ability for the 2nd stick. You could always map the moves to the individual buttons, however, in order to pull off some combos and astral finishes, you NEED to have a regular button input, no special.

Variation-XBA
07-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Hate to break it to you but those tourney sticks and fightpads are useless in this game since the game utilizes BOTH sticks for a 2D fighting game. The right stick is default mapped for special moves to make combos just a smidge easier, but w/ the fightpads and the tourney stick, unf. you have no way to control the 2nd stick, so even if you went toe to toe w/ someone on live using a reg. controller, good chances are that you'd unf. get smashed b/c you don't have the mapping ability for the 2nd stick. You could always map the moves to the individual buttons, however, in order to pull off some combos and astral finishes, you NEED to have a regular button input, no special.

Then a no buy for me, I'm waiting on Marvel vs Capcom 2 anyways :)

Symmetric-XBA
07-12-2009, 04:43 PM
BlazBlue All Character's Astral Finish (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNZ8AnK3Mss)

Since I can't add the object to physically show you, here's the link for all the char's astral finishes. Enjoy, this game is absolutly amazing.