PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on what to buy with Microsoft Points

x iPr0 Sn1p3z x
07-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I plan on purchasing Microsoft Points soon, and I need recommendations on what to buy with them. Some things I was thinking about purchasing were:

COD4: Multiplayer Map Pack
COD5: Map Pack 1 (maybe), Map Pack 2 (for Zombie Swamp)

The Mythic Map Pack for Halo 3 was also a thought, but I don't know much about it.

Games that I own: COD4, COD5, Far Cry 2, Guitar Hero 3, Halo 3, Kung Fu Panda, Lego Indiana Jones, and Sonic Unleashed

Variation-XBA
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Into XBLA titles? Worms 2 just came out and tomorrow Battlefield 1943 comes out which is going to be awesome, and next week is Secret of Monkey Island.

WillyV2
07-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I would wait and suggest purchasing Battlefield 1943 when it releases.

Unreal
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
next week is Secret of Monkey Island.
That is what I am waiting for. As far as the thread starters question. Skip Halo 3 content unless you can't wait. It is going to come with Halo ODST. I hear the DLC2 for Call Of Duty WaW is fun. I have the game but I have not played it or bought the content to confirm if it is indeed fun :blush:

Ainokeatoo
07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Haha, I only buy points when there is something I want, such as the most recent, Burnout Paradise content that I got.

x iPr0 Sn1p3z x
07-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Into XBLA titles? Worms 2 just came out and tomorrow Battlefield 1943 comes out which is going to be awesome, and next week is Secret of Monkey Island.

I would wait and suggest purchasing Battlefield 1943 when it releases.

I'm not interested in XBLA. :whistle:

That is what I am waiting for. As far as the thread starters question. Skip Halo 3 content unless you can't wait. It is going to come with Halo ODST. I hear the DLC2 for Call Of Duty WaW is fun. I have the game but I have not played it or bought the content to confirm if it is indeed fun :blush:

Thanks for reminding about ODST. I suppose I won't buy the Mythic Map Pack.

Unreal
07-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for reminding about ODST. I suppose I won't buy the Mythic Map Pack.
So that leaves Call Of Duty multiplayer. Do you like killing zombies more or less will determine which pack you buy then. :p

Kiddingo
07-09-2009, 08:05 AM
WaW's Zombie mode is really fun, well worth the 800 points.[IMO]

HaZarD SFD
07-09-2009, 12:44 PM
OMG zombie mode costs points? Why doesnt MS get their greedy paws off all the addons for games.. im kinda sick of it.

mangobama619
07-09-2009, 01:22 PM
OMG zombie mode costs points? Why doesnt MS get their greedy paws off all the addons for games.. im kinda sick of it.

only for another map with nazi zombies
It comes with Nazi zombies but only one map

Kiddingo
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM

heh, I would not call that greed. Greed would be not allowing you take a Xbox LIVE partying with more than 5 people into any of the matchmaking list on Halo 3 because you haven't downloaded all the map packs... those d!cks. :mad:

HaZarD SFD
07-09-2009, 05:06 PM
How about you toss the points my way and ill spend em since your takin too long to decide on what to do with em :)

Variation-XBA
07-09-2009, 07:35 PM

How is it MS when its the publishers making them and setting the price?

HaZarD SFD
07-09-2009, 07:38 PM
How is it MS when its the publishers making them and setting the price?

sorry mr smarty pants..

Why the hell do we have to pay for maps when they are free for PC.. ANARCHY!

Variation-XBA
07-09-2009, 11:20 PM
sorry mr smarty pants..

Why the hell do we have to pay for maps when they are free for PC.. ANARCHY!

Then buy the PC versions if you think they are free.

HaZarD SFD
07-10-2009, 07:35 AM
COD4 maps are free.. I have the game for PC.. just crappy we gotta pay for em on xbox..

COD5 I dont have and dont know about the maps..

Either way it sucks to have to pay for addons..

Variation-XBA
07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
COD4 maps are free.. I have the game for PC.. just crappy we gotta pay for em on xbox..

COD5 I dont have and dont know about the maps..

Either way it sucks to have to pay for addons..

Well I guess developers and publishers should work for free then; that or don't make DLC all together.

HaZarD SFD
07-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Well I guess developers and publishers should work for free then; that or don't make DLC all together.

Did my first comment about DLC make your milk turn to piss in your cereal bowl? just courious.

Variation-XBA
07-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Did my first comment about DLC make your milk turn to piss in your cereal bowl? just courious.

No, you just have unrealistic expectations and then assume it's MS just trying to milk you.

HaZarD SFD
07-11-2009, 05:11 AM
No, you just have unrealistic expectations and then assume it's MS just trying to milk you.

None of my comments were expectations.. my first comment was obviously out of line and wrong. The PC addons for free comment is right. I own PC games and map addons dont cost. But they do on Xbox.. odd isnt it.

Either way it sucks for addons to cost if you already blew $60 on a game.. i can see a free game and costing addons but $60 for a game and then they want more down the road as well. just my .02cents

Ricepuppet
07-11-2009, 06:36 AM
But you have to upgrade your PC on frequent basis, so there you have it.

Variation-XBA
07-11-2009, 10:36 AM
None of my comments were expectations.. my first comment was obviously out of line and wrong. The PC addons for free comment is right. I own PC games and map addons dont cost. But they do on Xbox.. odd isnt it.

Either way it sucks for addons to cost if you already blew $60 on a game.. i can see a free game and costing addons but $60 for a game and then they want more down the road as well. just my .02cents

I'm not saying I completely agree with all the DLC that gets released, I also hate being nickled and dimed for something that clearly should have been in with the game at launch (RE5 vs mode or SF4 extra character costumes), but when it's a substantial addon/expansion then that's a completely different story (Lost and Damned, Fallout 3 addons).

I have a ton of games that was $60 and if there was DLC for them (before dlc was really around) I wouldn't even hesitate to pick up those games again and have more longevity to them.

You also make it sound like any dlc for pc is free and all for xbox is pay, making them look like the martyr and the pc like it's the angel which is completely false. The COD maps may have been free for pc, but they were also sponsored by X_company as well (I think intel did the first map pack?).

You're never forced to buy dlc, just sounds like you're upset cause you feel you were entitled to it when you bought whatever game, which isn't the case. In a perfect world, Fallout 3 would have came out with all the expansions included and that would be the final version of the game, but it's not how the industry works anymore and from here on it's going ging to become more and more this way sadly.

HaZarD SFD
07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not saying I completely agree with all the DLC that gets released, I also hate being nickled and dimed for something that clearly should have been in with the game at launch (RE5 vs mode or SF4 extra character costumes), but when it's a substantial addon/expansion then that's a completely different story (Lost and Damned, Fallout 3 addons).

I have a ton of games that was $60 and if there was DLC for them (before dlc was really around) I wouldn't even hesitate to pick up those games again and have more longevity to them.

You also make it sound like any dlc for pc is free and all for xbox is pay, making them look like the martyr and the pc like it's the angel which is completely false. The COD maps may have been free for pc, but they were also sponsored by X_company as well (I think intel did the first map pack?).

You're never forced to buy dlc, just sounds like you're upset cause you feel you were entitled to it when you bought whatever game, which isn't the case. In a perfect world, Fallout 3 would have came out with all the expansions included and that would be the final version of the game, but it's not how the industry works anymore and from here on it's going ging to become more and more this way sadly.

I agree 100% on all your statements.. i just didnt go into that much detail on explaining all mine.

Small DLC update is free but major ones arent.. They work harder and they deserve the cash.. but if they work very little they can give handouts..

Some pc addons arent free but I did a biased comparison on one game.. if I did of which I should of it would of been a better example.

x iPr0 Sn1p3z x
07-20-2009, 02:30 AM
I ended up buying the Variety Map Pack for CoD4 and Map Pack 2 for CoD5 the first time I bought Microsoft Points. I got more today and purchased Battlefield 1943, a pack of GamerPics of CoD4, Map Pack 1 for CoD5, and the Fortune's Pack for Far Cry 2. Any other suggestions for the rest of the points? There's about 700 left.

Symmetric-XBA
07-20-2009, 03:05 AM
if fallout 3 is your type of game, then there are some new additions coming soon starting w/ an alien ship that you get to explore in outerspace over the wasteland, I'd save for that. If not, then I'd prob. just save the points (its better to have points available to buy something, than to not have points and have content come out that you want but can't afford).

I'm actually 50/50 on some DLC. I feel taken advantage of when a company has content already on the disc you buy, but you have to spend more points to unlock it
(ex: SoulCalibur 4 for the 360 ALWAYS had Vader on the disc itself, however only after an additional 400 points can you unlock what you already bought)

Other DLC I find though to be a great way for game companies to keep their businesses going and a great "added value" to the xbl marketplace and gamers alike. Fallout 3 would be a great example of this, so would rock band, guitar hero, and other games as well.

Unreal
07-20-2009, 04:32 AM
if fallout 3 is your type of game, then there are some new additions coming soon starting w/ an alien ship that you get to explore in outerspace over the wasteland, I'd save for that. If not, then I'd prob. just save the points (its better to have points available to buy something, than to not have points and have content come out that you want but can't afford).

I'm actually 50/50 on some DLC. I feel taken advantage of when a company has content already on the disc you buy, but you have to spend more points to unlock it
(ex: SoulCalibur 4 for the 360 ALWAYS had Vader on the disc itself, however only after an additional 400 points can you unlock what you already bought)

Other DLC I find though to be a great way for game companies to keep their businesses going and a great "added value" to the xbl marketplace and gamers alike. Fallout 3 would be a great example of this, so would rock band, guitar hero, and other games as well.
I don't know about Vadar being on the disc. It was a 8 meg download. But I do get what your saying. The rest of the DLC for SCIV was on the disc. EA is great for it. Tigers Woods 10 was just releasing to the store and they had a new golf course on XBL. Why did they not just add it to the game? :huh:

Ohsay
07-20-2009, 08:43 AM
World at war sucks anyway.
Nazi zombies is like the only good thing about it.
That and the paintball cheat.

I got rid of it after a week, i'd reccomend the cod4 map pack.

And yeh fallout3, i traded in a few games to get points to buy point lookout and BHOS i think it was worth it..but then again im an achievement whore :confused:

Symmetric-XBA
07-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't know about Vadar being on the disc. It was a 8 meg download.

Vader was always on the disc, in fact there was a vid where some ppl decoded it and proved it. Thats why there was that 1 grey box in the char. selection screen after you've unlocked everyone, its b/c it was a holding spot for Vader. Originally they were going to do just yoda for the 360 and the ps3 got Vader, we all know this already, however, the uproar from the public who wanted vader on the console led the devs to put his data actually on the disc, however, it did requrie an unlock key that affected the data on the actual disc to allow that section of memory to be read containing Vader's information. Thus, Vader was ALWAYS on SoulCalibur 4, however, we had to pay MORE MS POINTS after we bought the game just to "unlock" him. When stuff like that happenes is when I get upset at video game devs.

HaZarD SFD
03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I think poster above is spam bot linked to track "Microsoft Points"

I gtg to work and think this person needs to be deleted or banned.

mattgame
04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I ended up buying the Variety Map Pack for CoD4 and Map Pack 2 for CoD5 the first time I bought Microsoft Points. I got more today and purchased Battlefield 1943, a pack of GamerPics of CoD4, Map Pack 1 for CoD5, and the Fortune's Pack for Far Cry 2. Any other suggestions for the rest of the points? There's about 700 left.

You could give them to me.