PDA

View Full Version : Natal arrives 2010??

Symmetric-XBA
07-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Digitime news is reporting that the company Aptina has won exclusive rights to supply 1.3-megapixel CMOS image sensors (CIS) for a new version of the Xbox 360 console under Microsoft's Project Natal technology, and shipments of the new Xbox 360 are slated for the second half of 2010, according to industry sources in Taiwan.

The Project Natal technology uses cameras and sensors to detect users' gestures and movements and transforms back to the console, enabling users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without using a game controller. Thus, CIS is the key component of the technology, the sources noted.

In order to meet increasing CIS demand, Aptina plans to expand foundry capacity at its existing 8-inch wafer fab in Italy, and to look for a foundry parter, the sources said.

Now the rumors have been flying around when the part of the statement: "new xbox 360's are slated for the 2nd half of 2010" personally I feel that the language barrier from Taiwan caused a slip like this. I honestly don't forsee the new xbox coming in 2010, but Natal.... thats another story.

Chozzi
07-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Same here, I dont see a new xbox for at least 2 years.

Project Natal looks impressive and should be sooo much fun, I cant wait to see what else it has to offer.

I dont want to say anything negative so my mouth is closed LOL!!! :bang: For now!

CrazyCougar
07-23-2009, 11:21 AM
There will be a new SKU, so in essence its a new 360 in retail. But it will be the same system that folks have today. The main difference is that the "new" 360 will come bundled with Natal. And yes, Holiday 2010 is what everyone has been guessing since E3 and from the way Microsoft presented it in their booth.