PDA

View Full Version : Bungie's last Halo = Halo Reach

Symmetric-XBA
07-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Halo: Reach will be Bungie's final Halo game, with the company moving on to new projects following completion of the title next year.

Halo: Combat Evolved marked the series' debut on the first Xbox back in 2001, and since then Bungie has gone on to create one of the definitive videogame franchises with the second and third instalments of the game. Halo 3: ODST is due this September, while Halo: Reach - which goes back to the origins of the Halo story - is expected next autumn.

"After Reach that's it for us," Bungie's Lars Bakken told IGN. "We're already working on a new IP that we can't talk about yet, I don't know when we'll be talking about it - when we're ready I suppose."

Bakken was cryptic as to the nature of Bungie's next game - though suggested that it may well step away from the first person mechanics that have defined the studio's output for the past decade; "If you look at Bungie's past we've done a lot of different styles - first person to third person to RTS - so it could be anything."

Future Halo games will be overseen by the recently revealed 343 Industries, which is headed up by former Bungie employee Frank O'Connor.

Unreal
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I am done with Halo myself. I am looking forward to what they will be working on after Reach though.

Variation-XBA
07-27-2009, 12:03 AM
I'll be looking forward to Halo titles after the Bungie era to see what a new studio's take on it will be

SamSmith
07-27-2009, 11:29 AM
This rings a bell...

Kiddingo
07-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I absolutely love the Halo-series, I've already pre-ordered ODST and I'll get Reach however I wouldn't have been upset if 3 had been the last Halo game.

Soda Jones
07-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Halo 1 was the only one with a good story and campaign. 2 and 3 were unimpressive.

Kiddingo
07-28-2009, 10:51 AM
^ I respectfully disagree, sir. :-)

WillyV2
07-28-2009, 11:05 AM
^ I respectfully disagree, sir. :-)

I would have to agree with Soda. However, 2 I loved ONLY for the fact the online play was addicting as hell. 3 however was okay but it was nothing spectacular on either front.

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
yeah def. halo was my fav. and #2 was ok, it got really annoying when ppl were "glitching" all over the place. #3 though had a story i wish wasn't told lol.

Playing Mantis
08-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Too bad Reach won't be THE last Halo game. The story and action has gotten progressively worse since the (great) original. Got about halfway through 2 and got bored, couldn't even finish the first level of H3.

Symmetric-XBA
08-21-2009, 08:06 PM
you're right, but it will be the last one from bungie

bdavid81
08-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Too bad Reach won't be THE last Halo game. The story and action has gotten progressively worse since the (great) original. Got about halfway through 2 and got bored, couldn't even finish the first level of H3.

You can't comment on a story in HALO for the most part, even more so when you didn't even complete the first level in HALO 3. It was actually a pretty decent game. 1 > 3 > 2 ...as for the multiplayer, I don't care for it at all.

sw0rdfish-XBA
08-30-2009, 11:22 PM

How can you comment on a game that you didn't even play? :bang:

Halo 1 was nice cuz it was new, but the Library got old FAST... I got hooked by Halo 2, more so than one... I thought 3 did the job at finishing the story.

Could it have been better? Maybe... but saying it was crap is just plain wrong.
What were you expecting different? The Covenant to actually be run by Chief's dad?

Shadow20002
08-30-2009, 11:25 PM
I hope they will bring back ONI.

l Maximus l
09-06-2009, 02:37 AM
I've I said many times...

Halo 1 revolutionized multi-player...at least for me. Never before did I actually drive miles and miles just to bring my XBox to a location to hook it up an LAN (System Link) with other people I didn't know well just to play the game. I also spent money on tournements because of this game. I have spent many nights not sleeping and playing all night long playing Halo 1.

Halo 1 took skill...yes, the Pistol was the most bad ass weapon in the game...and the weapon of choice. Not in all situations, but, in most situations, it was the best. It was far ahead of it's time and it set 1st Person Shooters to a new benchmark.

Halo 2; however, sucked ass...at least from a multi-player standpoint. Structurally, the multi-player maps were cool...and they could have worked awesome...the problem is, Bungie made this game using a whole new gaming engine which changed the dynamics of the game. It didn't even feel like "Halo"...not even close. Bottom line, the fun factor was destroyed, but, it sure looked pretty.

Halo 3 helped bring back the Halo 1 feel, but, still lacked the dynamics of the Halo 1 gaming engine. Certainly better than the hell hole that Halo 2 was...it fact, Halo 2 has to be the only game I literally threw out my window while driving...game case and all. I hated it that bad.

I'm a die hard Halo 1 fan, eventhough I haven't played it for a long time. If Halo 1 was XBox Live compatible, you guys would likely not see me posting here...because I'd be playing instead.

Unreal
09-17-2009, 02:51 PM
You can't comment on a story in HALO for the most part, even more so when you didn't even complete the first level in HALO 3. It was actually a pretty decent game. 1 > 3 > 2 ...as for the multiplayer, I don't care for it at all.
Same here. I beat the first one on legendary. I couldn't get myself to finish part two. And I beat the third one on legendary. As far as multi goes. I have never played a Halo game online and I have no interest. I wasn't planning on picking up another Halo game but Firefight sounds like a lot of fun in ODST.