PDA

View Full Version : Lucasarts' BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

Symmetric-XBA
07-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Ok there's a TON of hype leading up to Lucasart's BIG STAR WARS panel at Comic Con. Lucasarts sent out a msg sayin "mark your calenders and make sure you're in attendance". What we got from them in the 360 world is a little bit more expanded Force Unleashed game (Ultimate Sith Edition) and a Clone Wars Republic Hero's (Republic Hero is set to release OCTOBER 6th, 2009) game.

Woopie, I was hoping for something w/ more substance from Lucasarts instead of saying basically "here's the same game, but we're giving you all the DLC already packaged w/ it and even throwing in a bonus level or two". What about the ppl who already bought all the DLC? What about the ppl who have purchased ALL the DLC for the Force Unleashed and want to play these "exclusive" levels?

Bottom line, Lucasarts let me down. Way to go guys, what a MAMMOTH news brief that was (insert sarcastic tone of voice), can't wait to see what the next BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is.

For those who are interested in the announcements please read below.

LucasArts today announced that their hit videogame Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will see further expansion this Fall through a new downloadable level for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system. In addition, the company also announced Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition, a special new version of the game for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, that will show gamers the deepest, darkest side of the Force in a story that puts them on a collision course with Luke Skywalker himself. Available this holiday season at retail stores, The Ultimate Sith Edition will include all of the original missions found in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as well as content previously only available via download and an all-new exclusive bonus level*.

About the Tatooine Downloadable Content for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Available this Fall via direct download from the Xbox LIVE? online entertainment network and the PlayStation?Network, this new downloadable mission continues the story of The Force Unleashed in a new "Infinities" storyline that takes the Star Wars Saga in an entirely new and unexpected direction.

The mission begins at the end of the story of The Force Unleashed and re-imagines the Star Wars Saga as if the Secret Apprentice had killed Darth Vader and taken his place at the Emperor's side, becoming the most powerful Sith Lord in the universe. The story picks up as the Emperor sends his new apprentice to the planet Tatooine to dispatch Obi-Wan Kenobi -- who has been hiding on the planet ever since the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. During their hunt for the reclusive Jedi, players will also explore the depths of Jabba the Hutt's palace and encounter notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett.

About Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed -- Ultimate Sith Edition gives you the original Force Unleashed, all the DLC that's come before, the brand new Tatooine Mission Pack, and the exclusive Hoth Mission Pack.

What is it? Well, it's a "What If?" scenario where the Secret Apprentice kicks Vader to the curb, takes his rightful place next to the Emperor, and continues his quest to end the rebels. A trailer was shown during the Star Wars Spectacular at San Diego Comic-Con, and it pretty much rocked the house. The apprentice is decked out in a suit similar to that of Vader -- lots of black, big ol' metal helmet, and long metal fingernails -- and starts tearing stuff to bits with his saber -- walls, Tauntaun, etc.

Then, we see him push old Obi-Wan up against a wall before attacking flight suit-wearing Luke in the Hoth hangar. There's even a shot of him throwing his lightsaber into Luke Skywalker himself.
In the end, the trailer ends with "What if the dark side won?" Sadly, there was no release date announced
-------------------------------------------------------------

This was a major letdown for me. I felt that the people at Lucasarts took the easy route. Instead of giving people something that was original that provided gamers and Star Wars fans a real reason to be excited over these "major world exclusive announcements", they simply added content to the original Force Unleashed disc that you can ALREADY purchase (if you haven't already), give it a fancy new title, and say "there ya go, there's your MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS". Boooooo Lucasarts. I was hoping for maybe a new X-Wing V.S. Tie Fighter game or SOMETHING else besides a repackaged game that has already been released w/ just content added. Lucasarts definetly dropped the ball on this one.

Unreal
07-26-2009, 07:59 PM
I am glad I didn't purchase the game or the content. It sucks for people that did though that want to play the new levels. Unless they release them on XBL as well.

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 06:48 PM
as of now there are no plans to release the "hoth exclusive" level on xbl, which means that as of now IF you wanted to play that 1 level, it will cost you to purchase this "sith edition". Lucasarts has REALLY disappointed a LOT of ppl on this one.