PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 or PS3?

Shadow20002
07-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, i know it's being freaking long time i didn't visit this site since i have being busy with something else. Now (have free time again lol), i want to buy a console: Xbox 360 or PS3? The only game that i really want to play is Ninja Gaiden but it's will be ported to PS3 as Sigma 2. Should i get a PS3 instead? :confused:

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I personally would go with an xbox360. The reasoning behind this is that you can buy an arcade system (I don't know if this program is still continuing but I do know that ms would send you out a free 20GB hdd if you bought an arcade unit). That will run you about $149 + tax (don't you just love that word tax). Then I would buy a blu-ray player (which you can find one that is considerably less expensive than the PS3) if you wish to enjoy your blu-ray movies. With the 360 you are getting a lot more "value for dollar" plus with their xbl service (granted its $50 a yr. or less than $5 a month) you are already guaranteed to receive all the potential updates for services as well free of charge. So in other words 1 month of your xbl service means that you can get (1080P movies, Last.fm radio, twitter, facebook, and a whole lot more (for less than $5 a month)).

I don't really see any justification on spending over $400 just to play 1 video game, esp. when that game you can already play for a discounted price on the 360. You can play the same game but spend a fraction of the cost and keep more money in your pocket! (who doesn't like that now-a-days)

Kamshaft
07-28-2009, 06:06 PM
You're asking people that are bias here! LOL

WillyV2
07-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I would have to say by your post, go with an Xbox 360. Don't fork out the extra money for a PS3 just because you want to play one game. Unless of course you have that money to spend then by all means, do what you want.

I would say an Xbox 360 because I feel as a gaming console your going to get more bang for your buck. Also, with more exclusives coming out for the 360 that look amazing and Sony not really producing much of anything exciting there's no better time to be an Xbox owner.

Plus, 85% of the games you will probably want to play on PS3 you could likely get on 360. It's all up to you though man, the ball is in your court and it's your decision.

Unreal
07-28-2009, 07:43 PM
I have both and one game is not enough to go with either one. So my advice is think of games that you can't get on the other system and when your done. If system "x" has more games then system "y" make your choice. Personally I went with the 360 as my main system because the online community is stronger.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Other than Ninja Gaiden, what do you want to do?

Blu Ray movies? Do you have the high def tv to go with it?

Going to play online?

What other titles/genres you going to play?

Are you wanting to keep it long term or trade/sell it right after a quick fix?

Shadow20002
07-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Hmmm....well, since i'm a poor guy, i will get a Xbox 360 :bang:

Ninja Blade also catch my attention since it's being made by From Software, the folks behind Otogi series. i always like the first and original game rather than a sequel. Maybe it's better for me to leave behind Ninja Gaiden and test something new? Anyway, where i'm living now, i can't really find a copy of Ninja Gaiden.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Ninja Blade also catch my attention since it's being made by From Software, the folks behind Otogi series. i always like the first and original game rather than a sequel. Maybe it's better for me to leave behind Ninja Gaiden and test something new?

Oh man..... please please read my staff review on the game before commiting to buying Ninja Blade....its umm....unique.

Ninja Gaiden shouldn't be hard to find, just keep looking.

Review: http://www.xboxaddict.com/Staff-Review/Xbox-360/13148/Ninja-Blade.html

oddjob428
08-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I have played both and I would recommend a ps3 over the 360. First, the 360 has a design flaw, mine has been in repair twice, my brothers four times. I don't know anyone that has a 360 that hasn't had it go out on them. The ps3 seems to be made better and has a "higher tech" feel to it. The ps3 slim should come out august 2009 hopefully and may have a price drop to go along with it. The ps3 also has free online play where xbox charges 50.00 a year. The ps3 has a blue ray player and is wi-fi ready. Go with the ps3 unless you just have to play halo or gears but I think resistance, uncharted, killzone 2, metal gear 4, and infamous more than make up for what you will be missing on the 360.

oddjob428
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh and one more thing, if you go with a ps3 you are going to need an hdmi input on your tv to get hi def content.

Unreal
08-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I have played both and I would recommend a ps3 over the 360. First, the 360 has a design flaw, mine has been in repair twice, my brothers four times. I don't know anyone that has a 360 that hasn't had it go out on them. The ps3 seems to be made better and has a "higher tech" feel to it. The ps3 slim should come out august 2009 hopefully and may have a price drop to go along with it. The ps3 also has free online play where xbox charges 50.00 a year. The ps3 has a blue ray player and is wi-fi ready. Go with the ps3 unless you just have to play halo or gears but I think resistance, uncharted, killzone 2, metal gear 4, and infamous more than make up for what you will be missing on the 360.
I have had to get my laser replaced on my PS3 so its not immune to failure. And my 360 the only thing I had to get fixed was the power bar sounded like it was a jet engine when my 360 was on. MS fixed it free. As far as online play. I have both and lets just keep it at that you get what you pay for.

HaZarD SFD
08-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Its xboxaddict.com of course they will all tell you an xbox 360. You didnt see this coming did you? :p

CrazyCougar
08-11-2009, 04:12 AM
No brainer.....

Xbox 360

Wasting your time with the competitorand their supposed online service called PSN.

oddjob428
08-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Here is a short article on the failure rate of the 360.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/17/game-informer-xbox-360-at-54-2-percent-failure-rate/

SpaceGhost2K
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know if the OP ever committed? If not, wait two weeks, and you'll start seeing 360 prices drop, plus a potential PS3 Slim. I would NOT buy a console this month. ANY console.

In September, the Xbox 360 Elite will be $299 and the Pro will be gone. You get double the space (120 GB), the cooler black console (opinion), Standard/HiDef/HDMI cables included. Console has limited backwards compatibility, but since you can get an original Xbox for $30 these days, that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I don't know what a PS3 slim might come with. Current PS3's are not backwards compatible but the rumor is that new PS3's will be. We don't know the cost. We don't know what cables they come with (they don't currently come with ANY kind of HD cables). We don't know how much HD space they have, but we can assume they will still let you connect your own.

Current 360's have a much lower defect rate, but it's still not what I would put into the "acceptable" range. Earlier units were clearly unacceptable, but with the super strong and vast game library available, most people just grit their teeth and deal with issues as they come up.

Current PS3's are built far better, but are certainly not without issues of their own. Keep in mind that if a PS3 Slim is coming out, you would be buying a BRAND NEW CONSOLE with no time spent in real user environments. Most people avoid buying a brand new console until it's determined how reliable it will be, or if there are any inherent defects that were missed. First runs of PS1's, PS2's, Xbox's and 360's all had issues. One might assume it will be better, but with the game library light on exclusive titles, and most exclusive titles on the 360 while multi-platform titles can be had on both, it might not be worth the risk.

Sony talks a lot about potential but hasn't delivered, three YEARS now into this generation. It would be foolish to assume anything is going to change at this point in the game. But to throw the "potential" word into Xbox's court, I'll just say: Natal. The potential is staggering compared to simply a waggle wand. Facial recognition, voice recognition, or how about learning sign language as a normal part of a game and then being able to use it in the real world? Sony and Nintendo will not - this gen - be able to deliver on anything like what Natal will offer.

oddjob428
08-18-2009, 09:20 AM
kmart announce ps3 slim.

http://epicbattleaxe.com/kmart-unveils-new-ps3-slim/

WynnFire
08-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Xbox 360. Blu-ray is good unless you have a surround sound system that supports the audio formats on the disk and a 1080p tv. Xbox you get Netflix, removable storage, a good selection of games, etc... If you end up going for the PS3 wait for the slim that was just announced. BTW, I work at Sony's headquarters.

Variation-XBA
08-18-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't like how plastic the slim looks, and it looks like it's just been squashed

SamSmith
08-18-2009, 06:50 PM
To be honest, if you're looking for objective answers you're probably not in the right place.

Most people, myself included - will recommend 360. Not because I dislike the PS3 for whatever reason, but because it's the console that better fits my requirements and has served me well so far.

In the end of the day it's you who'll have to make the choice, but if my no doubt biased opinion counts for much; Get the 360.

Symmetric-XBA
08-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I work at Sony's headquarters.

lol at least you're not workin at the Paris Sony offices b/c the workers took the pres. of Sony Paris hostage back in march lol.

tsrdawg
08-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Does anyone know if the OP ever committed? If not, wait two weeks, and you'll start seeing 360 prices drop, plus a potential PS3 Slim. I would NOT buy a console this month. ANY console.

In September, the Xbox 360 Elite will be $299 and the Pro will be gone. You get double the space (120 GB), the cooler black console (opinion), Standard/HiDef/HDMI cables included. Console has limited backwards compatibility, but since you can get an original Xbox for $30 these days, that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Current 360's have a much lower defect rate, but it's still not what I would put into the "acceptable" range. Earlier units were clearly unacceptable, but with the super strong and vast game library available, most people just grit their teeth and deal with issues as they come up.

Current PS3's are built far better, but are certainly not without issues of their own. Keep in mind that if a PS3 Slim is coming out, you would be buying a BRAND NEW CONSOLE with no time spent in real user environments. Most people avoid buying a brand new console until it's determined how reliable it will be, or if there are any inherent defects that were missed. First runs of PS1's, PS2's, Xbox's and 360's all had issues. One might assume it will be better, but with the game library light on exclusive titles, and most exclusive titles on the 360 while multi-platform titles can be had on both, it might not be worth the risk.

Sony talks a lot about potential but hasn't delivered, three YEARS now into this generation. It would be foolish to assume anything is going to change at this point in the game. But to throw the "potential" word into Xbox's court, I'll just say: Natal. The potential is staggering compared to simply a waggle wand. Facial recognition, voice recognition, or how about learning sign language as a normal part of a game and then being able to use it in the real world? Sony and Nintendo will not - this gen - be able to deliver on anything like what Natal will offer.

My launch xboxes (v1.1 & v1.4) STILL work, almost 8 years later...I replaced the DVD (for a Sammy-woot!!) and PSU (which was my fault anyway)...The original box was built FAR more durably than xbox2. how the heyo did that happen?

Anyway, Reliability issues for xbox2 have delayed my purchase. Is the Jasper chipset anymore reliable than the past hardware?

when will this NATAL be available? how much will it cost (MS is notorious for nickel&dimin gamers)?

Symmetric-XBA
08-19-2009, 12:55 AM
yeah the jasper chipset is phenominal for the 360, w/ the new smaller cpu and gpu, this thing is very quiet and cool. it also consumes less power than any previous version and the internal componets manage to stay relatively cool. there are going to be 2 more versions of the 360 coming and then after that is the "nexbox"

Variation-XBA
08-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Is the Jasper chipset anymore reliable than the past hardware?

when will this NATAL be available? how much will it cost (MS is notorious for nickel&dimin gamers)?

Jasper is substantially better from all reports so far.

Natal is Xmas 2010 with no price.

SpaceGhost2K
08-19-2009, 02:30 AM

Maybe you're not familiar with the phrase.

When you "nickle and dime" someone, you force them to pay small amounts of money over and over and over in order for something to work. MS offers a lot of low price stuff, and a lot of extras, but NONE of it is REQUIRED to make the thing work.

A 360 will do everything you need to play 360 games, right out of the box. You don't NEED Wi-Fi, it comes with an ethernet cord. You don't NEED a hard drive, but they all come with some kind of memory storage.

I will agree though, that the new change to NOT including some kind of an HD cable is blatant "nickle and diming". You're selling an HD system that can't display HD without buying something else.... that's "nickle and diming."

But offering maps, themes, horse armor or whatever, that isn't, because it's not necessary for you to have any of those stuff. It's an option. To say they're notorious for it is really stretching it.

behemothZ3R0
08-21-2009, 07:12 PM
360. Far more games that are worth your time. I love my PS3 too, but I only have 5 games for it since launch...

ThisIsTheEnd21
08-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Well I have both systems and play the 360 more, so I would say that it's your best bet and the online service is better as well.

Playing Mantis
08-21-2009, 07:29 PM
For me, the Playstation Controllers are not comfortable. I wish they would innovate. Course they tried with the original boomerang concept controller, but people whined and sony went with the Dual Shock design for a 3rd generation.

360 controller is very comfortable IMO. Only thing I don't like is the feel of the shoulder bumpers.

With the PS3 price drop, I would expect to see more and more XBLA making the jump to PS3. Braid and Castle Crashers are being ported soon. Twisted Pixel quickly ported The Maw to PC, and I'm sure they will be looking at PSN as another market for their games (Splosion Man in particular).

I actually think PSN has some highly polished, exclusive downloadable titles, but MS's Dream Build Play 2009 has several quality titles that are meeting or exceeding the standards set for Xbox Live Arcade games.

Now that The 360 Elite is Going to be the same price as PS3, that makes your decision even harder.

ThisIsTheEnd21
08-21-2009, 07:31 PM
I do think that the PS3 slim is going in the right direction though with the price drop and all, but the fact that there's still no back-compatibility still kind of ruins it for me.