PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Natal!?!?

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Slowing sales on its casual Nintendo DS games is causing Ubisoft to rethink its strategy.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillmont announced during a financial call yesterday that DS sales are down a whopping 67% compared to last year. The company expects handheld sales to slump as the market continues to crash and burn.

Ubisoft plans to remedy this by shifting its focus onto other platforms where casual games are successful, such as the Wii, and apparently, Microsoft's Natal camera.

"The casual business is changing rapidly, and we are still interested in it, but we have to reinvent it this year. We already have a big shift from DS to Wii this year and it will continue with the Wii and also the Xbox 360 with the new 3D camera next year," Guillemot stated during the call.

Alain Corre, executive director at Ubisoft, expanded a bit on Guillemot's comments saying the company expects to see an increase in casual Wii sales over the next year.

"This year, we expect the Wii to represent over 40 percent of our sales on casual games versus last year when it was at 18 percent, so it's a big change. The Wii is contributing much more to our casual sales than the DS," he said.

It's interesting to see that Ubisoft is already positioning the Natal camera as a casual device. That's probably music to Microsoft's ears.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Doesn't help everyone and their dog has an R4 card and piracy for DS is creeping up to the levels of PC.

tricky
07-29-2009, 06:02 AM
hi quite new to xbox live , and yes i love my gamer points but the thing is i bought my 360 when i first came to the uk - so i have a box standard hard drive, i 'm almost out of free space, so i need to buy a bigger hard drive, but is there a way to save your ur stuff from the old hard drive to the new hard drive??

Please i hope it can be done, other wise it's a bit of a lit down!!:(

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 08:41 PM
hi quite new to xbox live , and yes i love my gamer points but the thing is i bought my 360 when i first came to the uk - so i have a box standard hard drive, i 'm almost out of free space, so i need to buy a bigger hard drive, but is there a way to save your ur stuff from the old hard drive to the new hard drive??

Please i hope it can be done, other wise it's a bit of a lit down!!:(

When you buy the 120GB hardrive, it comes with a cable to transfer all the stuff from your 20gb to the new one

Playing Mantis
08-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Did Ubisoft ever stop to think that maybe their casual games are crap? Could that be why sales are down?

ThisIsTheEnd21
08-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Did Ubisoft ever stop to think that maybe their casual games are crap? Could that be why sales are down?Yeah I agree the Imagine games are terrible, but then again there's a market for it so I guess it is warranted. They should make less of them though and work more on quality titles.

bdavid81
08-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey, I love the Imagine series! ;)