PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2 gameplay decisions explained.

Symmetric-XBA
07-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Mass Effect 2 gameplay determined by Mass Effect 1 save file (http://bit.ly/R7JUL)

Crazzyyyyy!!!! I'm LOVING how the changes can be so miniscule and yet they can be something absolutly mammoth and game changing!! I was recently thinking of playing through Mass Effect 1 again but wow, just the entire scale of what will be affected will be insane!!! I don't know how other gamers went through the game but this just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside thinking about Mass Effect 3 ya know??? How did your Mass Effect 1 experience go?

Ricepuppet
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah. Uhm, see, the thing is, my first Xbox got an RROD; twice. So i sold it, got another one. But the save game isnt there anymore. Duh. Bastards. And i got level 60 full custom'ed.

Symmetric-XBA
07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
ouch man yeah that def. hurts, but at least its a good game to play ya know? I wonder how it will be if there is no save file for mass effect 1?

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 08:39 PM
I wish more sequels would use previous saves like this, I love the idea that a trilogy or something is an actual continuation of what you've done before

Unreal
07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
I lost my game save so I have to play it again. I guess I should start soon.

Ricepuppet
07-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah, maybe i'll give it another try when i have to much free time on my hands. Like never.

Ainokeatoo
07-30-2009, 02:54 AM
I wish more sequels would use previous saves like this, I love the idea that a trilogy or something is an actual continuation of what you've done before

I agree, though, to a certain point. The monsters "need" to be hard enough to be worthwhile right when you start, because if I'm mowing down enemies left and right because my previous save was when it was max level, I'm just going to finish the game and take it back. There really would be no replay value to it.

Variation-XBA
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
I agree, though, to a certain point. The monsters "need" to be hard enough to be worthwhile right when you start, because if I'm mowing down enemies left and right because my previous save was when it was max level, I'm just going to finish the game and take it back. There really would be no replay value to it.

It's not hard to make the game scale to your character though, like in Bethesda games

Symmetric-XBA
07-30-2009, 09:53 PM
It's not hard to make the game scale to your character though, like in Bethesda games

lol yeah the infamous lvl scaling w/ the difficulty override

oddjob428
08-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm glad mass effect 2 will have a wider variety of weapons choices, I was stuck with a shotgun and pistol on my first play through.

behemothZ3R0
08-21-2009, 07:20 PM
The original Mass Effect was, in my eyes, pretty much the pinnacle of what I think Bioware has been going for in these series as far as moral decisions and their affects on your life. I can't wait to see what they have in ME 2

ThisIsTheEnd21
08-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Dang it. My original HDD died and it had my ME save file on it. I was looking forward to see what would happen with it, but it looks like I'll have to start a new game.

CraftyMan
08-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I absolutely loved Mass Effect. It was one of the few games that I started a new character right after beating the game, and I can't wait for ME2.