PDA

View Full Version : James Cameron's Avatar in 3D? Maybe not.

Symmetric-XBA
07-30-2009, 08:00 AM
James Cameron's Avatar in 3D? Read here to find out if you can view it. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/9631/James-Camerons-Avatar-now-in-3D-sort-of.html)

In my opinion this is starting to be a bit out of hand. The 3D screen shot reminds me of Rad Racer from the ol' NES days lol. just w/ a bit better graphics lol.

What would you say if game developers started doing things like this, basically requiring gamers to invest in newer equipment just to enjoy the game at its peak???

Thankfully we'll never get as bad as (cough..cough..crysis..cough..cough..)lol

behemothZ3R0
08-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I agree. 3D isn't even a new technology. I'm not sure why it's running rampant AGAIN.

Symmetric-XBA
08-21-2009, 08:48 PM
you're right its not new tech, however, for video games its a "new territory". Very few games have ever been released on a console w/ 3D support (heck the last one i can think of is Rad Racer for the NES), so its nice to see that devs are trying to "breakthrough" and develop a title that can utilize all existing tech. to the max.

Playing Mantis
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm all for stereoscopic 3D. I spent over $100 on my H3D shutter glasses, and the company went out of business a few months later. 3DfX bought them out, and nvidia bought out 3DfX and supports stereo 3D.

I just don't have an nvidia board, and ATI is a better price to performance value.

Also, gamers should embrace 3D on consoles. With shutter glasses, there are other possibilities. Developers could run games in 1080i for 2 player, and have each person only see their own screen for example (player 1's picture being on odd scan lines and player 2's picture on even scan lines).

If you had a TV with a fast enough refresh rate, this could possibly be done in 720P or 1080P, with each person getting a progressive image every other refresh.

Variation-XBA
08-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Well I just saw the trailer for the movie and really don't care about it, so I won't care about the game either