PDA

View Full Version : What determines a quality game for you?

Symmetric-XBA
08-01-2009, 08:28 AM
We all know that all around the world ppl are hurting financially and that this affects almost every aspect of our lives. With the current prices of videogames not budging an inch, and in fact some actually costing more; What do you look for in a game that makes you open your wallet and fork out your hard earned cash?

Unreal
08-01-2009, 04:08 PM
A game that is fun to me, is a game that gets my money. I have not picked up as many as I usually do because of the economy but that should pick up soon.

Variation-XBA
08-01-2009, 07:08 PM
What sells me:

Gameplay
Story
Length
Collector Edition

Bakeman
08-01-2009, 11:22 PM
If it says "rock band" or "madden" or "tiger woods" on the cover.... LOL

I usually don't buy games other then those three mentioned above.
No matter how good a game, I usually never finish them and only play them for maybe 3 to 5 hours and I'm bored of it..

I rented God Father Part 2 the other day and thought it was pretty cool and fun.. but after 2 hours I didn't pick it up again.

I don't know why I get bored of games so quickly.. But I can play Madden over and over and over and over and over again. Use to be 2k series, but that's another story... in the end it's football.. and I can play football all the time. And same with Rock Band.. I like listening to music and can for a long time.. so to play along a game with the music.. I can do that over and over again.. especially with dlc.

SmartarseV2
08-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Story
Multiplayer
Doesn't have to be crazy long if the online makes up for it

Ricepuppet
08-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Only thing that gets me wild are gameplay, RPG elements (building up your character) and storyline. Does not have to be in 1 package though.

I don't care about fancy graphics or blood/gore. Take Prototype for instance. I played the game for about 2 hours, concluded it sucked so bad. It might have some nice (not even close to good) graphics, but it's lacking gameplay, a good storyline, and the RPG character build up is just, crooked beyond belief.