PDA

View Full Version : So what happened in Japan!!??

GamingFreak
03-10-2002, 07:47 PM
ok, i am really confused, what exactly are the results of the Japan launch of the Xbox?

i heard on this website and at my local EB that the launch went terrible, and people were having tons of problems.

then not to long ago they posted something saying that the problems were minimal.

So what exactly happened over in Japan? Does anyone know?
How well/bad did the xbox launch go

GF

hypertails
03-10-2002, 07:50 PM
problems were minimal. it was that the xbox would cause minor scratches to cds....but they didnt make it skip....only appeared on the disc. however...ms still took care of the problem. also xbox isnt ruling japan but its doing as many expected....not too well...but not too bad.

many of its games are still on the charts

GamingFreak
03-10-2002, 07:54 PM
well that relieving.. that would have really sucked it if ended up being disasterous.

I heard that Halo didnt ship because Japs hate FPS.. and that really sucks because Halo is the best game for Xbox.

anyways, i could care less if those **** japs didnt like the xbox they are too **** picky and loyal. Besides i know the xbox will win over Australia, UK, and all the other countries its shipping to.

hypertails
03-10-2002, 07:56 PM
halo hasnt shipepd because it isnt ready to ship to japan yet...but its going in a few months

GamingFreak
03-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by hypertails
halo hasnt shipepd because it isnt ready to ship to japan yet...but its going in a few months

well thats good, hopefully they will enjoy it, i cant imagine anyone not liking halo

linkycat
03-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Do we have any Sales charts yet? I wanna know the number of boxes that were picked up on launch day etc...

And as far as Halo goes... Who knows with those crazy Japanese gamers. I mean, really, games about raising Horses have taken the country by storm.

Of Course that's just my opinion... I could be wrong

hypertails
03-10-2002, 10:36 PM
launch day...around 120,000-130,000

Heyyoudvd
03-10-2002, 10:41 PM
At launch (first 3 days) it sold about 124 000.

Koopa
03-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GamingFreak
well that relieving.. that would have really sucked it if ended up being disasterous.

I heard that Halo didnt ship because Japs hate FPS.. and that really sucks because Halo is the best game for Xbox.

anyways, i could care less if those **** japs didnt like the xbox they are too **** picky and loyal. Besides i know the xbox will win over Australia, UK, and all the other countries its shipping to.

even if you don't care about the use of stereotypes and racist comments, the above post is still wrong. at the very least, japan is important to the success of a console, and at the very most its instrumental to its success. just cuz ms isn't kicking ass there yet doesn't mean they're all horrible people....and dont say japs, its a Derogatory term.

KevinM
03-11-2002, 04:48 AM
I'm a bit baffled at the lackluster reception of the Xbox in Japan. Could it be because of it's American Origin that the Japanese people are shunning away from the Xbox? Ya know... not made in Japan.... no worthy? The Xbox too big?? Hell.. I don't know what their problem is. With reports on the net of companies actually hanging signs on Xbox displays stating they won't sell the unit because they find it inferior (sp?) to PS2 and Gamecube sounds to me that there is some type of prejudice happening or either some type of Sony compensation. The games are there... JSRF is straight up the Japanese gamers alley!! WTF!

To be honest.. Personally I don't care how well the Xbox is recieved in Japan. I for one don't think that that particular niche' of the market is needed for a console to survive, but then again I don't run a multi billion dollar a year company now do I. But before this goes on into a long rant, i'm going to make only one statement: If the Japanese gamers are so advanced and picky about their games, why Gamecube?? Why Dance Dance Revolution?? WTF is up with that?!?! Done.
<P>

hypertails
03-11-2002, 04:57 AM
"With reports on the net of companies actually hanging signs on Xbox displays stating they won't sell the unit because they find it inferior (sp?) to PS2 and Gamecube sounds to me that there is some type of prejudice happening or either some type of Sony compensation"

really? man that sucks. they talk about its too big. who cares....it could be a huge as a truck for all i care but if it played the best games...id happily tow it to my house.

the japanese are weird indeed. for xboxes to start sellin, there must be a good japanese game that japan will love

GamingFreak
03-11-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Kevin-XBA
I'm a bit baffled at the lackluster reception of the Xbox in Japan. Could it be because of it's American Origin that the Japanese people are shunning away from the Xbox? Ya know... not made in Japan.... no worthy? The Xbox too big?? Hell.. I don't know what their problem is. With reports on the net of companies actually hanging signs on Xbox displays stating they won't sell the unit because they find it inferior (sp?) to PS2 and Gamecube sounds to me that there is some type of prejudice happening or either some type of Sony compensation. The games are there... JSRF is straight up the Japanese gamers alley!! WTF!

To be honest.. Personally I don't care how well the Xbox is recieved in Japan. I for one don't think that that particular niche' of the market is needed for a console to survive, but then again I don't run a multi billion dollar a year company now do I. But before this goes on into a long rant, i'm going to make only one statement: If the Japanese gamers are so advanced and picky about their games, why Gamecube?? Why Dance Dance Revolution?? WTF is up with that?!?! Done.
<P>

thats messed up about the stores not wanting to sell it. Now more than ever do i not care if its successful over there, they dont deserve such a fine piece of gaming bliss

GF

JohnB
03-11-2002, 09:31 AM
Good post Kevin. That's really unfortunate they think that way. I don't know how many people play Counterstrike that actually live in Japan, but I know a lot of Asian people that play Counterstrike. Many do like FPS games.