PDA

View Full Version : I am truly amazed..

JADE8704
03-10-2002, 08:01 PM
i just started playing PGR since last month, and boy am i hooked! i don't know why i didn't give this game more attention before...one of the coolest things i've ever witnessed on the xbox was that while i was playing a dave matthews song while racing, i came across a tunnel...once inside the music faded and i could hear some static on the background and whenever there'd be an opening (like a bridge) the music would start playing louder and clearer...i was like "wow...driving under bridges actually affects the radio signal in my car"...i dont know if any one else has done this...but it jsut goes to show how awesome the xbox is :)

hypertails
03-10-2002, 08:03 PM
yeah...besides the fact that damage doesnt affect car performance and you cant die...this is as real as it gets. with real time reflections, lots of tracks, great soundtrack, and multiplayer you just cant go wrong

Halo of Flies
03-11-2002, 04:03 AM
[i]i dont know if any one else has done this...[/B]
It was a feature on the original version (MSR on the DC) and it brought a smile to my face back then. :D

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 11:29 AM
I agree! PGR is an awesome game! I also own it and love it! By the way, if you really like PGR, then, you'll LOVE Rallisport Challenge!

Both PGR and Rallisport Challenge have taken my taste for the racing genre to the next level! :)

Batman2372
03-11-2002, 05:47 PM
I've been so busy concentrating on the road, I never even noticed! How sweet!!! I"m gonna try that out as soon as I get home!

Wreckless
03-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Yeah... I noticed the static under the tunnel the first time I played it.
PGR was my first game.
Still playing now and then.(de temps un temps)

Tchao!!

FpS_PhReeK
03-11-2002, 08:00 PM
First time it happened I was scared that something was wrong with my Xbox lol,,,, I had just been in the forums and these "haters" were claiming that Xbox's were catching on fire,,, you guys remember that B$,,,, anyhoo I jumped out of my bed and unplugged my Xbox, no ***** lol....

Memories,,, I was so innocent back in those first months of Xbox ownership, it is funny how time flies,,,, the games just keep getting better.

I back Max' on that Rallisport tip,,, that game is sweet. I was complaining it was to easy a couple days ago, but gawd... man I am finding this game to be a lot of work and it requires your undevided attention... I love that in a race game. I just wish that it had a in-car view with a steering wheel.... man I am still waiting for that to happen..... but hey Grand Prix 4 looks like my ticket.

PhReeK out!:)

JADE8704
03-11-2002, 08:35 PM
does anyone know if colin mcrae rally or something will be coming out on xbox too? i went to gamespot and they don't have it...but they did on ps2

MixMasta
03-11-2002, 08:46 PM
yea, this game is listed in oxm's 100 important games for 2002. They don't have an estimated release date, it justs says to Be Annouced.

FpS_PhReeK
03-11-2002, 09:20 PM
"Collin McRae Rally 3.0" was my first big hype!!! Remember that Max'? I was so hyped about it then I found out that is was not shiping until September or something... so I focused on Rallisport... but here is what I know:

It was released for PC back in August 2002 and has become one of the most-wanted next generation video games. Codemasters has revd its engines and has confirmed the development of an all-new Colin McRae Rally title based on the PC version. Colin McRae Rally will launch next year and comes with an unbeatable heritage: promising an unbelievably personal experience, rallying will never have seemed so real.

http://www.codemasters.com/games/uploadedimages/cmr3_100.jpg

Colin McRae Rally 3 gives players one simple instruction: You are Colin McRae… The gameplay challenge has the player taking on the role of McRae as he’s given a 3 year contract to win a series of championships for Ford Rallye Sport.

Colin McRae Rally 3 majors on the experience of the player-controlled McRae and his essential interaction with co-driver Nicky Grist. McRae team front man Guy Wilday heads the Studio responsible for the title and comments: “This is all about personal involvement in a championship. No one’s done anything like this with a rally game before.”

With the championships taking place over eight countries and the promise of being the most graphically impressive rally game ever designed, the latest in the Colin McRae Rally will launch later in 2002 and raise the bar another notch for rally games.

http://www.codemasters.com/colinmcrae3/images/bottomimage4.jpg

http://images.gamespot.co.uk/images/xbox/2001/crae3/gal_crae3_1_screen001.jpg

Perhaps even more impressive than the tracks though are the car models which apparently consist of no less than 13,000 polygons each now as opposed to around 900 in Colin McRae 2. The car models we've seen are undoubtedly the most impressive around but as we've not actually seen the game running we have no idea how the various platforms are coping with them. Of course the fact that there's rarely more than one car on screen at a time helps matters and you can be sure that Codemasters won't release the game until it's as close to perfection as they can make it. Expect more news on Colin McRae Rally 3 in the near future.

That is all I know now... I would say look for it in August or September. This will be a sim... not arcade so be prepared to have a little higher learning curve.

PhReeK out!