PDA

View Full Version : Dirt 2 Demo!

HaZarD SFD
08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
For anyone who has played the first game of Dirt of which I have its simply 100% better. Having done the review for Dirt I fully want a good review of Dirt 2 done if not by me.

This game deserves 100% hands down game time on your console even if you dont like racing games. Its graphics are great. Controls are amazing including the physics. Hell I was tapped mid jump and turned sideways and rolled 9 times! I was completely wrecked but it was awesome to see car parts flying through the air like an exploding firework.

oddjob428
08-22-2009, 08:46 PM
If I'm thinking of the right game, the first Dirt did not have multiplayer but the graphics and physics of single player were good. I will try out the demo.

HaZarD SFD
08-22-2009, 10:54 PM
This has 8 player multi per race.. so sweeeet!

Variation-XBA
08-22-2009, 11:30 PM
I never bought it, but I did really enjoy the demo. What's new that they are adding to it?

HaZarD SFD
08-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Multiplayer, Better graphics, Cooler cars, Sick tracks, AWESOME Game Interface. SWEET in Car Details and OMG you can hang your avatar from the Rearview mirror! I WON FUZZY DICE!

MXracer721
08-23-2009, 01:27 PM
I loved the first game, it's so fun. I can't wait to get this one. This winter I'll probably get Dirt2 and MW2 and I'll be set.

Variation-XBA
08-23-2009, 05:00 PM
OMG you can hang your avatar from the Rearview mirror! I WON FUZZY DICE!

OMG SOLD! :hump:

Unreal
08-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I have and played the crap out of the first game. I liked the demo so there is a good chance I will pick it up.

MXracer721
08-23-2009, 09:54 PM
I just played the demo. It's fun, the handling seems more responsive but it could have been the car. I liked it though and with Dirt the game just seems to have a little extra in the menus and what not that is nice. Just seems to have a feel that the developers didn't cut any corners or rush the game. When you pay 60 bucks it's nice to see a game as polished as the Dirt series.

Bakeman
08-23-2009, 10:36 PM
OMG SOLD! :hump:

LOL yeah! That's what got me haha

I downloaded it to check it out.. usually not my cup of tea, but I always enjoy good graphics and cars getting smashed.. I thought the demo was fun.. and the graphics were great. And I like how they did the menus. Nice to see every part of the game wasnt ignored. some games you think they spent all of 20 seconds to make the menu's.. And sometimes they put to much effort into it without the know how, and they come out with complicated and slow menu's... this is not the case with dirt 2.. good and responsive and just nice looking. kodus to the makers of the game

wicked_d365
08-24-2009, 07:30 AM
I loved the first Dirt, was alot of fun. I played the 2 demo and was in love, but also wanting to break my controller at the same time.

I don't recall the handling being so responsive. I mean now all it takes is a little tap of the stick and, BAM! wall. Even trying to correct from a drift/powerslide, the car will hook at any time and ruin your game. I looked for somewhere to adjust sensitivity, not available. The rest of my party was saying the same thing.

I enjoyed how Ken Block, Travis Pastranna, and Dave Mirra were all talking smack over the radios in the Baja race, good stuff.
I also like the flashback addition, one of my fav features from Grid The avatars from the mirror was nice too, but if I can't control the car, what's the point. Give me a control for steering and I may pick it up, till then, I'll wait till it's cheap.

HaZarD SFD
08-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Wicked the response in the steering is quite realistic. Yes if your in a corner and you accidentally tap the stick in the wrong direction you will eat wall or trees. In the straight away yes its better to point and shoot but if you mess up you mess up. The game is great that its unforgiving if you screw around. The driving requires quick reflexes and precision of which makes this great and adrenalin pumping off road fuzzy dice awesome!

wicked_d365
08-26-2009, 07:37 AM
After trying it again last night, I learned it's all about the ****pit view. You can keep an eye on the steering wheels location, and see that a little touch moves the wheel alot. Also, you just have to be nice to the steering.

I played the two races a few times and was able to place first on each track on extrerme. I'll end up picking it up, but not at launch.

HaZarD SFD
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
After trying it again last night, I learned it's all about the ****pit view. You can keep an eye on the steering wheels location, and see that a little touch moves the wheel alot. Also, you just have to be nice to the steering.

I played the two races a few times and was able to place first on each track on extrerme. I'll end up picking it up, but not at launch.

Also the GPS on the Dash eases eye movement instead of lookin up at the corner of the screen for the next turn.

Dan 140
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM
dirt 2 is 1000% amazing