PDA

View Full Version : Wet Demo Live Now

wicked_d365
08-26-2009, 02:19 PM
The demo for the new game by Bethesda "Wet" is out on the Marketplace now. Add it to your quene now, here.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000425387dc

"Wet" is an action/shooter, IMO, is what "Kill Bill" would be like if it was a game. You play as Rubi, voiced by Elisah Dushku of "Dollhouse" and "Bring It On"

The demo consist of 3 levels. First is a quick run through of the controls, then they cut you loose in a room and let you go to town. That leads into a foot chase, showing off the wall running/parkour elements, which leads into a courtyard battle, where you kill all in the way.

The second level is the Rage level. The entire level is done in a Tarantino like feel where everything is red, except for the characters. This level was alot of fun, a couple of hallways with non-stop killing. This was my favorite part, just because of the "Kill Bill" feel.

The final level is a car chase where you are jumping and hanging off cars in a firefight with others trying to kill you. the fun part about this is that you have to pay attention because you will have to switch vehicles at points with timed button presses. This was my second fav part of the demo.

This game is fun, kinda reminds me of "Stranglehold" but more fun, and a sexy lady instead of a big asian guy to look at. I plan on at least renting this one to check it out when it drops.

"Wet" releases September 15th on 360 and PS3 in the U.S. and a couple of days later for all you people on the other side of the pond.

Variation-XBA
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Downloaded the demo, will give my impressions after I finish Batman

oddjob428
08-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I played the demo last night. It is an artistic game with flare, but somewhat different gameplay. I recommend trying the demo but the shooting mechanics do take some getting used to at first

Dan 140
08-27-2009, 01:02 PM
is it any good though ?

Variation-XBA
08-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Simply....no.

It tries to do what stranglehold did, and while it's cool for the first few moments, it makes you jump and slide around like an ******* when you don't even want to just to get a better score.

The Highway scene was awesome, but the terrible controls is a deal breaker for me.

Bertnell
08-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Simply....no.

It tries to do what stranglehold did, and while it's cool for the first few moments, it makes you jump and slide around like an ******* when you don't even want to just to get a better score.

The Highway scene was awesome, but the terrible controls is a deal breaker for me.

I agree its a stanglehold knock oof jus not as good and I was not a big fan of that game. lol..

Bakeman
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Is it even worth it to download the demo?!? Stranglehold was okay. If this is a cheap knock off I'll have to pass

oddjob428
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Well after playing the demo, I took it off my gamefly que.

Variation-XBA
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Is it even worth it to download the demo?!? Stranglehold was okay. If this is a cheap knock off I'll have to pass

I'd really say no, I went an canceled my preorder, so.

wicked_d365
08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Like I said, rental.

Shadow20002
08-30-2009, 01:40 AM
From what i saw from the trailers of WET, it's look promising. :)

Variation-XBA
08-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Try the demo, actual gameplay says otherwise

wicked_d365
08-30-2009, 08:41 PM

Ever heard the phrase, "Looks can be deceiving"

alvareznieves
09-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh great man!
sure i will download it and play it.
but for feedback you have to wait for sometime.
Because i will able to give you feedback about it after play it or after using it.

Thank you