PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock 2 Multiplayer Video

wicked_d365
09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
2K has released the first trailer for Bioshock 2's multiplayer. Looks like a lot of fun.
Enjoy!
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14240341/bioshock-2/videos/bioshock2_trl_multiplayertrailer_90409.html

Unreal
09-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't like it but that is just me. Bioshock is one of those games where it shines as a single player experience. I don't know why devs feel the need to try to implement multi player into all their games. I enjoy a great single player game every now again.

Variation-XBA
09-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't like it but that is just me. Bioshock is one of those games where it shines as a single player experience. I don't know why devs feel the need to try to implement multi player into all their games. I enjoy a great single player game every now again.

I'm with you, I love single player games and the focus on them. Sadly, most people aren't this way and think that if a game doesn't have multiplayer, then the value is not there, which I don't understand. I'd rather have an AMAZING single player experience like bioshock than one with a ****ty added on multiplayer that is garbage (Wolfenstien)

wicked_d365
09-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I totally agree with both of you. A solid single player is a must which is why I loved the first Bioshock so much. One of the best games on 360 period.

2K has stated that they have a team totally focused on the single player and another on the multiplayer side. The multi has nothing to do with the story in either game, it is it's own story around being a tester of the tonics and weapons.

I like the idea of a multiplayer on Bioshock, mostly because of the cool weapons and abilities. Other than that, it's not needed.

Unreal
09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I totally agree with both of you. A solid single player is a must which is why I loved the first Bioshock so much. One of the best games on 360 period.

2K has stated that they have a team totally focused on the single player and another on the multiplayer side. The multi has nothing to do with the story in either game, it is it's own story around being a tester of the tonics and weapons.

I like the idea of a multiplayer on Bioshock, mostly because of the cool weapons and abilities. Other than that, it's not needed.
The problem for me is the team doing the multi. If I am not mistaken its Digital Extremes. They are an average dev when it comes to games. The only thing they having going for them is 1) They are Canadian :p 2) The universe is already laid out. So they can go to town with it. It seems nowadays that if you are not Halo, Gears, Call Of Duty or Rainbow Six. You have no chance. Sorry Left 4 Dead came out of nowhere :D

Variation-XBA
09-08-2009, 09:34 PM
The only thing they having going for them is 1) They are Canadian :p

Well I just forgave them and look forward to it! :whistle::cool:

Unreal
09-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Well I just forgave them and look forward to it! :whistle::cool:
That was one of the stupid reasons I gave Too Human a chance. Silicon Knights the developers of the game are 10 minutes away from me. You have to support local business ;)

Variation-XBA
09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Hey hey.... I loved Too human, so shush!

Unreal
09-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Hey hey.... I loved Too human, so shush!
So did I. Which is the reason I didn't mind 100% the game :D