PDA

View Full Version : Could there be a major easter egg on "The Maw" in Halo? *SPOILERS*

E Nomini Patri
03-10-2002, 09:37 PM
I just noticed something on the Warthog run at the end of the level. In the room right after Foe Hammer crashes, look straight and up above the path you're supposed to take. There's another path that heads the same way! Could it be possible that this path leads somewhere unknown to us? Maybe that is why there is a Warthog in the room right before you see Foe Hammer at the small drop off (It's right next to the ledge at the bottom).

I have thought of a way to try to get up there: Have you and a friend play co-op and have one person drive and the other gun. When you get to the first "pickup" area, have your friend get in the Warthog by the ledge, that way you have two Warthogs. Next, have one person go to the path you normally take and turn around. Then, have the other person come towards you at full speed. Accelerate a little bit before they reach you so they get extra lift. If you hit right, the person driving the other Warthog will fly to to the other passage!

*REMEMBER*
If you make Foe Hammer's crash sequence start and finish, and then go forwards to the path above the food nipple, you should hit a checkpoint so you don't have to start over.

If any of you make it, could you post what is up there? I'm going to try it as soon as I can! Good luck!

PS-You saw this here first!!:)

laxman
03-11-2002, 02:38 PM
cool

Snoopy7548
03-11-2002, 05:28 PM
cool, ill have to try it, but ill have to do the level over again, for some reason, after i beat it, it didnt save the last checkpoint, it just starts me off at the beginning, its a pain though, they should have a save feature in the pause menu

JJaX
03-20-2002, 12:11 PM
Go here

http://halo.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs.html

all easter eggs here, Even ones in the maw.

E Nomini Patri
03-20-2002, 08:31 PM
I couldn't find anything on where I was looking, but from recent tests, I think it's just an empty room w/o a path at all. But you never know, I haven't been able to get up there and still be alive.:D

JJaX
03-21-2002, 07:27 AM
AHEM! Your not gonna find anything. Everything is here.

http://halo.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs.html

E Nomini Patri
04-03-2002, 05:11 PM
Ok , I've been working at this for sometime, and, I found something that might be of interest. When you reach the small drop before the bridge where Foe Hammer picks you up (I have pictures of what happens, but the software to transfer them to our PC works about as good as throwing the computer off a 40-story building) and turn around right before you go off, a wall appears and blocks the route back to the start. Well I manipulated this wall and got a Warthog stuck in the wall. You can stay up in the room if you do it right. I'm guessing that's what happens to the other drop on the other end in the room right after Foe Hammer comes to pick you up. I could almost swear I saw a path up there the time it happened, but I haven't seen anything but a wall since then.

I have several pictures including: A picture of both rooms on each end of the bridge (by Foe Hammers demise :( )

A picture of the shotguns on 343 Guilty Spark at the downed Pelican.

A picture of one of the Marines still alive and fighting with me in the room on 343 Guilty Spark w/ the blinking bridge and the 2 Active Camoflauge power ups.

A picture of the end cutscene of 343 Guilty Spark where there are 2 of the monitors (See my other post:

343 Guilty Spark (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9869) )

And a picture of a strange occurrance after you go to the food nipple Grunt wher there are 2 Spec-Ops Elites and 3 Spec-Ops Grunts with a Fuel Rod "Cannon" who are running to the Flood to fight. What happened was a Grunt and an Elite were running into the wall and ran into the braces and stayed there still running.

If you want to see the 2 monitors, you might need to play with a profile that you've beaten the game on all difficulties to see it.

*NOTE* These were all played on Easy.

Snoopy7548
04-03-2002, 05:16 PM
post the pics so everyone can see them:D

E Nomini Patri
04-03-2002, 05:22 PM
I found them!! I found a way to get the pictures! Can someone PM me to host them so I can post them here? And, can I attach them to this website from my hard drive using the Attach File option? Thanks!

*EDIT* Oh, I forgot about a couple pictures: In the room where you meet the Flood, the door they break through in the recording from Jenkins is still closed, even after watching the recording.

And, an Elite I killed in a Banshee on The Maw that landed funny on the bridge.

Stay tuned for these groundbreaking pictures!