PDA

View Full Version : NFS: Shift

Bakeman
10-05-2009, 01:44 AM
So I downloaded the demo yesterday for need for speed shift. I remember reading about it a little a while back. I was surprised at the new direction the NFS series was taking with this game.
So anyway I've played the demo a few times now and it's pretty fun. I've actually been able to race from the in car view which looks freaking awesome. I usually race from behnd the car. I think I liked racing in shift then i did in forza 3 demo. I got more sense of speed from shift which I like.

So anyone else play NFS: Shift, demo or full. Is the full version worth pickng up? Is there much to it, or just go race to race?

GoldenXcalibur
10-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree with you,

I think the game is really awsome and ive tryed out the demo,not so much though but i like it...think i might pick up a copy. ahah

the only thing i hate about it,is that you cant even change the view when your driving but i guess its for the full game experince all together i give it a 7 out of 10.

:cool:

wicked_d365
10-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Shift is awesome. The best NFS since Hot Pursuit, IMO. I only played it for a week but I was really enjoying it.
The graphics are beautiful. You get the race feel at higher speeds such as tunnel vision and the blur effect. The in-car camera if my fav of any of the racing games yet. the detail on these cars is sick.
The gameplay is great, cars handle like they do in real life, but it still has a little bit of the arcade feel to it.
The A.I. is smart and can get mean on you sometimes.

Also, Best Buy has it on sale this week for $39.99 for those of you looking to grab it, but not at full retail.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9384329&type=product&id=1218096179427

the only thing i hate about it,is that you cant even change the view when your driving but i guess its for the full game experince all together i give it a 7 out of 10.

:cool:

Yes you can, it's X at anytime.

Bakeman
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Shift is awesome. The best NFS since Hot Pursuit, IMO. I only played it for a week but I was really enjoying it.
The graphics are beautiful. You get the race feel at higher speeds such as tunnel vision and the blur effect. The in-car camera if my fav of any of the racing games yet. the detail on these cars is sick.
The gameplay is great, cars handle like they do in real life, but it still has a little bit of the arcade feel to it.
The A.I. is smart and can get mean on you sometimes.

Also, Best Buy has it on sale this week for $39.99 for those of you looking to grab it, but not at full retail.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9384329&type=product&id=1218096179427

Yes you can, it's X at anytime.

Geee thanks wicked... I think you just made me spend 40 dollars... I wasn't buying it because I was on the fence for 60 bucks.. but 40... oh man! lol

Yeah "X" changes camera view... this is the first game I actually perfer the in-car cam over any other.

Variation-XBA
10-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Review is on the front page.

I myself am waiting for a real/reboot of the NFS before I get another one, they just seem 'meh' to me when I can play Burnout for arcade or PGR/Forza for sim.

GoldenXcalibur
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Oh ahaha thanks for the tip wicked.

I should have thought of that.

aahahaha.

:nightmare

Chaotic
10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I've got this game also, it's great.. Finally a racer that i can actually control the car on the track.. plus it's not difficult with the modifications you can do to your car.. nice and simple, to the point and not an over abundance of options..

Great Game so far