PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting Borderlands????

Bakeman
10-05-2009, 01:51 AM
So I saw the article at ign show casing each class and their sub-classes I guess you'd call them. They also show a video of each type in action. Very time I read or see something new on this game it makes me want it more and more. I like the idea of the different game styles mashed together, like diablo mixed with fps'ers.

At the moment I can't remember if it's this game or Rage that has the insane amount of weapons and customization of them. But I hope it's this game haha. Rage looks pretty tight too, but we got time before that comes out.

Okay I searched around and found out it is borderlands.. YES!

The game will also have a feature similar to Diablo's random level generation system. The system used is one akin to Diablo, a Procedural Content Creation System, which will influence mainly the weaponry seen in-game, but also, to a lesser degree, the in-game world and map.[5]

"We saw a ridiculous amount of guns, but perhaps the strangest was a revolver that fired shotgun shells. Gearbox is constantly surprised with what the system comes up with. They've seen rifles shoot everything from homing darts to rockets.

Kiddingo
10-05-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm getting it.. Borderlands was completely off my radar, then someone told me about the co-op features. Seems like this game could be everything Too Human was supposed to be.

Bakeman
10-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh yeah? I never read up on too human... I played the demo and was meh to me.

El Grave
10-05-2009, 06:03 AM
I was very excited last year with the realistic graphics and weapon generator, but with the new style I don't know. I will wait for a demo before I buy it, also because there will be loads of games out the coming 2 months.

Unreal
10-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Co-op usually gets a look from me. The game looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Kiddingo
10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
...and according to this trailer there 87 Bazillion guns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBFWti6mkg