PDA

View Full Version : Moving settings to new xbox

Chaotic
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I pre-ordered one of those Modern Warfare 2 limited edition xbox's and want to take my settings,game saves etc from my current one and copy it to the new one. How can this be done? I haven't really had time to research it so I figured there has to be someone here who has done this.. My guess was using an external memory card, copying things to that and moving it over? where are the options to copy your settings?

Kiddingo
10-06-2009, 12:12 PM
You needs to send away for this ( I think MS will send it to you for free)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

wicked_d365
10-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't think you will be able to. They have not announced a data transfer for anything other than the 20gb-120gb. You can't even do 20gb-60gb, which I think is kinda lame.

We will just have to wait and see, but it looks like the memory card is going to be your only bet, as of now that is.

Variation-XBA
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
You'll need to get a memory card and do it that way.

Wicked it right, the transfer cable only works for 20->120's and that's it (as of now)

Bakeman
10-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I just copied my Gamer Profile from the HD to a MU.. then transfered it back to the new HD (that's when I got the elite last week).

After that I just redownloaded everything, which you can see your list of download history in Account Management.

Chaotic
10-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys, so it sounds like my game saves will be gone or i guess i could just load up the game and save it to the memory card since i really only care about NFS right now for saves.

Chaotic
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
You needs to send away for this ( I think MS will send it to you for free)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

Actually, when you go there there is a link to start the license transfer process over the internet. It looks like it will do it for you with the process if you follow it.. I am going to try it when i get the new box..

Bakeman
10-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys, so it sounds like my game saves will be gone or i guess i could just load up the game and save it to the memory card since i really only care about NFS right now for saves.

Just got to system settings -> memory.. and transfer your game saves to the memory card also.. after you transfer your profile.
I saved like 5 profiles and madden 10, rockband 2, beatles, and batman game saves to the MU to put on my new HD.