PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 steering wheel.. i'm an idiot

Chaotic
10-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I've realized after almost a year since owning this thing that the power supply provides force feedback and actually makes the wheel really stiff so it feels like a real steering wheel.. I thought the damn batteries did everything and never attempted to try the powersupply. I was looking something up on the wheel and read the part that said "batteries will eliminate the force feedback feature" wtf??? :confused: so for the past hour I was looking for the PSU and finally found it, and holy **** what a difference.. so anyone who has this wheel and was as dumb as me and did the same, hook up the PSU and notice an entirely new experience.. :yikes:

I still can't believe this :watchout:

Kamshaft
10-07-2009, 04:01 PM
I never took it to the next level like you did. ;)

But, it before I plugged the power the steering sucked. But, it's all good now.

Chaotic
10-07-2009, 04:23 PM
haha yea, I can't believe the difference.. It was terrible before, now it's awesome..

Nice to hear from you man, haven't been around in years.. last time i talked to you i think was when we all met up at E3 like 7 years ago? hahah old school.

wicked_d365
10-07-2009, 05:59 PM
yeah, electricity is a powerful thing. lol.

How can they call it "wireless" if there is still a power cord involved?

Bakeman
10-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Lol too funny guys.. I'll remember that if I get it. I would like one now that I'm really diggin nfs shift... But I don't know :(

Chaotic
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Dude it rocks for NFS, there is no comparison between the wheel and controller, it's so worth the money. And actually playing the Forza demo, it was great.. I could actually control the cars a lot better now that the force feedback is working...

Bakeman
10-08-2009, 01:51 AM
ahhh stop stop I can't spend more money.. in the last week and a half I've bought an xbox elite, nba 2k10 and nfs:shift haha.. and a little before that I got Beatles RB.
And I still want to get Borderlands, MW2.. perhaps Operation Flashpoint... lol

Variation-XBA
10-08-2009, 03:05 AM

Cause it's wireless unless you want Force Feedback

Chaotic
10-08-2009, 11:05 AM
ahhh stop stop I can't spend more money.. in the last week and a half I've bought an xbox elite, nba 2k10 and nfs:shift haha.. and a little before that I got Beatles RB.
And I still want to get Borderlands, MW2.. perhaps Operation Flashpoint... lol

haha, I pre-ordered that MW2 Elite Xbox with the 250gb drive, so i'll be in your boat soon.. I'm just going to get that system and possibly forza 3 although shift may be good enough since all my time will be playing MW2 when that comes out in november.

Add me to xbl, we can try some online racing versus.

ammorsy
10-10-2009, 03:31 AM
yeah, electricity is a powerful thing. lol.

Because you're not connecting the steering wheel to the xbox, instead, wireless connection between them is used.
The power cord is used for force feedback only