PDA

View Full Version : Bought Rallisport Saturday

Mahlon
03-11-2002, 11:55 AM
What ya'll said was right! It is a really cool product and I've played the crap out of it. Does anyone besides me find it too hard to score points in even beginner mode, or am I just a dweeb? I drive like a bat out of hell but I can only occassionally get a third place (except in ice racing), and that won't get me 12,000 points. I don't think I'll ever unlock the hill climb. Comments or suggetions? Thanks.

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Dude, practice makes perfect! For some reason, it's backwards for me! lol...I can do awesome on all of the other levels except for the ice level!

I'm getting better at the ice level, but, it seems like it's better to pick a car that has less torque for ice works better :D

The game is so addicting especially while listening to your own tunes!

Woocifer
03-11-2002, 11:59 AM
I got so **** close with 11,899 points... but I had to go back and re-race one of the circuits. Now I'm back down to 10k and can't race if my life depended on it.

Racing like a bat out of hell isn't always the best way to do it. Just make sure you are taking the corners well and accelerate on the straight aways...I find that I come out to first about 1/3 into the race and then a tiny bump or something around the end screw my entire game up...GOD ITS ANNOYING, I have a welt on my hand cuz I punched my controller hahahah but only because I did something stupid...

Anyway still trying to get a few more points and I'll be on to the next section!

Did you guys all get the Xsara kit car?

Woocifer
03-11-2002, 12:01 PM
OH! One last thing... have any of you noticed the TERRIBLE way the randomizer for the music works? I have like 42 tracks queued from my own collection for the game yet I hear the same 2 songs over and over again. Its beginning to make me sick hhahaha

Anyone else getting this kinda crappy randomization? It just sucks when you're already frustrated to hell when you come in 4th and lose all those points, but the next track you hear the SAME **** TUNE.....grr

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
OH! One last thing... have any of you noticed the TERRIBLE way the randomizer for the music works? I have like 42 tracks queued from my own collection for the game yet I hear the same 2 songs over and over again. Its beginning to make me sick hhahaha

Anyone else getting this kinda crappy randomization? It just sucks when you're already frustrated to hell when you come in 4th and lose all those points, but the next track you hear the SAME **** TUNE.....grr

I actually haven't run into that problem, however, if I take out Rallisport to get my Halo or UFC Tapout fix and then insert Rallisport back in later, a few times, I actually had to put my music back on the music list. But, it's no big deal.

I have exactly 100 songs and I don't recall hearing the same song twice in one sitting... :)

JimmieDoogan
03-11-2002, 12:13 PM
I do really well. I usually get first place, and if I don't I keep trying until I do. I also try to keep my damage down. In order to win, you just have to take your turns slow enough to not peel out and fast enough no to slow down to a halt. As long as you can stay in second gear or above throughout the race you'll win. That means, as long as your never slower that 2nd gear when turning. Other than that, pettal to the metal dood.

BTW: Has anyone experianced any problems with this game while useing music from your hard drive. I can play without problems so long as I'm not using my own music, but if I do then the Xbox freezes when I try to go back to the main menu to change profiles and also randomly when its loading the interface for replays. I am sending my box in for Maintenance (to MS of course) but I'd still like to know. Maybe it could be a game flaw and not my Xbox.

Woocifer
03-11-2002, 01:42 PM
Rallisport has a flaw in it. A lot of the games that were distributed have this problem where leaving a profile back to the main menu will crash the game after playing it for a few seconds.

I have heard that this is a problem through a lot of the software, whereas there was a percentage that works properly.

As for that music being repeated, you know I'm just gunna take out the 2 songs that are repeating and see if it is their song titles or something that is screwing it up. I just keep hearing the same song over and over again every race...its bothering me :)

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Hey, does anyone know how to actually change a track while in the game? Take Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, for example. All you do is hit the white button and it will go to the next random track. Does Rallisport Challenge have a similar feature? If so, how is it done? If not...it's okay, because all of the tracks I have I love! Just curious...

I love Rallisport and recommend anyone to buy it especially if they like racing games! I used to really like racing games....but, it wasn't until Rallisport Challenge until I REALLY LOVE racing games!!! :D

Woocifer
03-11-2002, 02:40 PM
I don't believe there is a track changing button in Rallisport.

I have and odd story though... this is why my tracks kept repeating themselves. When I first got my box, I made a playlist for PGR called Gotham. Then when Dave Mirra wouldnt accept more than 22 tracks or something in the game, I made another playlist called Gotham 2.

When I went into Rallisport, I moved all my tracks from G and G2 over to the playlist. I went in today to look at the tracks and something was wrong. Track 21 had repeated itself over a million times. I mean I was sitting there removing track 21 for over 3 minutes seeing if there was an end...there wasn't.

I went into my xbox and looked at the tracks...gotham had 2 track 21s.... the two songs that kept repeating themselves. SCREWY!!! Anyway I deleted those two tracks from the Gotham soundtrack and went back into Rallisport. Low and behold everything works fine now. Track 21 is now gone.

Scared the hell out of me, I thought I'd have to erase everything by hand or start a new profile, SCREW THAT!

Anyway...try to name your playlists differently I guess. I hate Dave Mirra for doing this to me hahahaha I'm going to mail him a bag of my poop.

Toder
03-11-2002, 02:41 PM
I bought RslliSport Challenge Sunday and the game is awesome. One thing i've noticed about the ice tracks is i get the best results turning whe i feel my controller slightly vibrating it seems when its not i'm spinning out or if there's too much i over turn.

The only thing i don't like about the game is in multiplayer mode. They won't show a map of the track or brig up the turn signals. so its kinda hard for me and my friends to what turn is coming up. Is there a way to fix this?

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 02:47 PM
hehehe, Woocifer...by the way, nice way to end your post! :D

I think it would have been cool if you can actaully change the tracks in the game by a simple toggle of a button...but, since it doesn't have it, it definately is hardly a shortcoming in Rallisport Challenge. I love this game! It's my #2 game that I own only second to Halo. Halo is #1 not only for the fact that it's a bad ass game, but, because it's on-line. I can't tell you how many Halo parties I have had in which I had some dudes over to play multi-player against other people on Gamespy.

But, we also have played the multi-player on Rallisport! Dude! It's awesome even if it can only be played via splitscreen! It's cool to watch the replays, too...because you can see the replay of each player just in case you didn't see your buddy completely miss a turn and landed upside down on a rock before rolling the car 8 times! :D hehe

Rallisport is AWESOME!!!

Toder
03-11-2002, 03:28 PM
hey Maximus is there a way to display a map or the turn signals in RalliSport?

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Actually, I'll check and see...I'm not quite sure yet. To be dead honest, I haven't taken the time to check out a lot of things on the game...I just can't stop playing it to stop and find out! :D

I know that there has to be more to the game...But, even if there isn't, I could care less! It's so addicting! I really love this game!