PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the talk about borderlands???

Bakeman
10-22-2009, 01:27 AM
I figured by now everyone would be ranting or raving about the game by now..

I myself became sick as a dog Monday night and wasn't even excited tuesday morning to go pick it up. But I still did.. Although I sat at home for about an hour doing nothing before I started to play because I felt like such crap.

I'm still feeling pretty bad, but have managed to get over 5 hours in.. Maybe more didn't check when I stopped tonight before coming to work. I played 4 hours straight when I first opened it. And 4 hours is not very common for me. Usually after 2 I gotta do something else.

So my guy is a soilder.. I'm level 14 I think (sorry feeling crappy doesn't help my memory lol). I'm having a good time.. Sometimes feel a little over whelmed during missions at my level. Just tonight I found a level 22 pistol! I was like WOAH!! First item I found over my lvl.. Sold it at the machine for 2200.. Man those items don't sell for much! I've seen way less lvl items to but that cost like 8k!

I've been wanting to try some of the other classes.. But hard to bring myself to starting over lol. Also hard to decide what I want to use my skill points on.. I've been spreading it around it all three trees.. Trying to have the turet help heal and do damage and have my shields regenerate faster.

Soooo who else is out there playing?? Like it?? Yes? No?

Nato King
10-22-2009, 07:50 AM
I am looking to get the game sometime today or tomorrow. Do you think it's worth the buy.

Whoopage
10-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Been playing as a Hunter - at lvl 21 now (I think). The game is alright. I enjoy it, but I've always been such a big fan of Morrowind and Oblivion and even Fallout, that this game is harder for me to enjoy. It seems like the only point is guns... The story isn't really there, the missions don't make much sense, and there really isn't much immersion. I'm just contstantly hoping for better guns, and finally last night that started getting old...

I still enjoy it, just not as much as I would have hoped.

Nato King
10-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Been playing as a Hunter - at lvl 21 now (I think). The game is alright. I enjoy it, but I've always been such a big fan of Morrowind and Oblivion and even Fallout, that this game is harder for me to enjoy. It seems like the only point is guns... The story isn't really there, the missions don't make much sense, and there really isn't much immersion. I'm just contstantly hoping for better guns, and finally last night that started getting old...

I see. Thanks for sharing but what about the leveling up of your player is that fun do you get some kind of achievement feeling that you are getting up in level. Does your player get stronger or it's just down to the weapons like you said.

wicked_d365
10-22-2009, 10:33 AM

I had a feeling this was going to be one of those games, all hype. I'm waiting till MW2 to buy anything, except GTA:TBOGT.

Variation-XBA
10-22-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm still trying to find a cheap copy (Canada deal) but with no luck yet :(

Fargoth
10-22-2009, 11:18 AM

Well in that case I'm not getting it thanks man saved me some money.

Whoopage
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM
I see. Thanks for sharing but what about the leveling up of your player is that fun do you get some kind of achievement feeling that you are getting up in level. Does your player get stronger or it's just down to the weapons like you said.

You get more health and a little stronger with each level... And you have to be a certain level to use some guns/shields. But the badguys level with you (So far as I can tell) so it's really all the same...

Bakeman
10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
As you level the guys in the areas you've already visited at lower levels, like right outside fyrestone (sp) are weak... I like going out side the town and taking them out with one shot from my sniper gun, or in like 2 seconds with an smg, when before it would take like a minute to take them out.

It's not a game for everyone, but fps fans could enjoy it if they are open to a different style of game, and rpg/diablo fans can like it also..

It's basically run around killing and looting...

I'm enjoying it.. I get all excited when I find a new awesome weapon.. or like the new shield I found on a drop from a lvl 14/15 skag while in the "dunegon", I can't remember the name of it... the shield I had was like 170.. and the one I found was 279.. I was like YES!!!!!!

I'm lvl 18 soldier now with 8 hours and 1 minute played (I just loaded my game and saw that lol).
Also just picked up a sniper file that that increased my sniper dmg from 79 to 105, and added x2 explosion dmg (I know there is another name for it, but can't think of it right now). I shot that thing and got a crit hit for about 3000 dmg and just about messed myself lol.

Unreal
10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
I have had the game since Tuesday but I am trying to finish the last level in Brutal Legend before I start :( It wouldn't be so bad but I am not even close to clearing it lol

sw0rdfish-XBA
10-23-2009, 01:04 AM
One thing this game needs is better co-op mechanics...

The classes are obviously designed for co-op, but loot systems, trade systems and the all important "side kick" mechanic that games like this need are not there...

I play MMOs to keep leveling and having to keep up with friends... games like Borderlands need to boost the lower player's skills or something when they join a game with a higher level character...

Just my 2 cents.

Bakeman
10-23-2009, 02:16 AM
That's a good idea unreal!! Lol. If you like borderlands it will be hard to put down. I got brutal legend in the mail from gamefly on Wednesday and I haven't opened it yet.. And really don't care to lol.

I haven't played co-op yet.. But I've heard some peeps on the gearbox forums say similar things Swordfish.... I've played some mmo's in the past so I know what you're talking about.. Are those issues deal breakers on this game?

I don't think they are, but I'd imagine some would. As for loot drops like one legendary weapon off the boss you just fought, it sucks that all players can't get it.. But play with peeps you know or talk about it before hand with who ever younplay with. Take turns getting the big stuff, do quest multiple times, etc.. I remember having to do that in mmo's before.

I played 2 hours before work tonight.. Made it to lvl 20. Starting to get some sweet weapons.. Sniper rifles setting peeps on fire.. Assualt rifles unloading 36 bullet clips in like 3 seconds, each bullet doing 55 dmg.. That's a lot of dmg in 3 secs..

Despite having a rocket laucher doing 540 dmg.. A shotgun doing upwards of 600 dmg, sniperrifles setting peeps on fire I've ran into a few bandits or skags that seem to have resistance or something and were kind of a pain to take down.

After getting a new weapon I always enjoy going back near the start and just wiping the floor clean with the lvl 3/4 bandits in the street.. It's kinda funny. I had kept going back to "Bone Head", a lvl10 boss, that was kinda hard the first time and would just demolish him.. But after like 4 times having gone back, I tried again and he wasn't there.. I was hoping to take him out with one rocket shot lol.

Maybe Tuesday sometime someone want to do some co-op
??

Kiddingo
10-23-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm at level 10 now, I have yet to play co-op (I wanted to hit 10 and get all those tutorial type quest out of the way first.)

Gamers should not view this game as a FPS/RPG Hybrid but more as a FPS with really, really awesome Perks. If you expected this game to be a run and gun Fallout I could imagine your disappointment.

For me gameplay is extremely solid, killing enemies is very satisfying. The ransom gun boxes are not gimmicky you really do get some sweet guns even at a low level and since there's no real MP component a lot of them have a cool factor and real sense of "over powered-ness" to them that you don't get in most FPS because there's no concern about balancing them.

Kiddingo
10-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Maybe Tuesday sometime someone want to do some co-op
??

Definitely, I should available anytime after 2pm EST on Tuesday

Rouge Prototype
10-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Is this game really all that? I think it looks like a crappy fallout 3...

Bakeman
10-25-2009, 05:25 PM
It's not trying to be Fall Out 3 at all...

I think it's more like a mix of World of Warcraft and any FPS game.
Yes the game is fun. If you like questing/looting like in MMO games and FPS'ers..

Unreal
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry Kid the room was full. You were right Bakeman. I have not gone back to Brutal Legend since I put in Borderlands. :( :rofl:

OBL infad3ll
10-27-2009, 06:27 PM
this game kicks booty!!!! honestly this is one of the best games i have played in a long time. the online co op is fantastic also. just wish the DLC would hurry up. and i hope they provide new questlines like fallout did with their DLC packs. i think borderlands has some real potential from a dlc standpoint.

Unreal
10-27-2009, 07:53 PM
this game kicks booty!!!! honestly this is one of the best games i have played in a long time. the online co op is fantastic also. just wish the DLC would hurry up. and i hope they provide new questlines like fallout did with their DLC packs. i think borderlands has some real potential from a dlc standpoint.
I just noticed your sig. :rofl: thanks btw.

Bakeman
10-28-2009, 12:43 AM
over 100K gs.. holy bleeping bleep bleep...

Anyway...

I just ended a session of Borderlands... All my other games (Nba 2k10, RB2, RB: Beatles, NFS: Shift, Batman: AA... and rented Brutal Legends) all have not seen the light of day since Borderlands hit my xbox dvd tray... and I only removed the dvd today to take it to a friends house where we had a little co-op action (my first co-op experience).

So I have 19 hours invested in my Soldier and I'm at level 27..
I have 5 hours in my Brick at like 13 (I co-oped with this character today when my friend got his hunter to level 3.. then I went with him and got him to level 12, and we're both now at the same mission).
Then I have another hour with a hunter I made only level 7. But that's 25 hours I've invested in this game in a week. I have not invested so much time into a game so quickly since RB1 lol. Or since World of Warcraft.

Needless to say I'm really enjoying the game. :)

OBL infad3ll
10-28-2009, 05:04 PM
so i have had swine flu for the past week so i have had a ton of time to play the game. i have probably around 90 hours logged so far. my soldier is a lvl 39, my berserker is a 34 and my siren is a 32. i have completed the game 3 times now and still having fun with the game. i think this game is a definate buy. now time to go start a second playthrough with my soldier!

Kiddingo
10-29-2009, 05:40 AM
so i have had swine flu for the past week so i have had a ton of time to play the game. i have probably around 90 hours logged so far. my soldier is a lvl 39, my berserker is a 34 and my siren is a 32. i have completed the game 3 times now and still having fun with the game. i think this game is a definate buy. now time to go start a second playthrough with my soldier!

2 Level 30+ characters.....seriously!

Sorry about the flu, but it's nice to you've found a way to be productive. Hat's off to you, part of me is a little jealous.

:)

Unreal
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
2 Level 30+ characters.....seriously!

Sorry about the flu, but it's nice to you've found a way to be productive. Hat's off to you, part of me is a little jealous.

:)
He has 3 level 30+ characters :p BTW I started my second play through. I am a level 50 defender now. Waiting to finish so I can start the 3rd play though which I hear is when the difficulty really ramps up.

Bakeman
11-04-2009, 03:51 PM
My solo soldier is at lvl 32
and I have a co-op lvl 20 brick and a co-op lvl 18 siren

Both co-op's have been with a friend of mine.. we had been playing split screen... kinda sucks, because you have to scroll left and right to see the inventory screen... but he bought the game yesterday so now we just play online haha. He lives 1 minute down the road.. and we play online.. seems funny haha and sounds lazy.

Unreal
11-04-2009, 10:37 PM
My solo soldier is at lvl 32
and I have a co-op lvl 20 brick and a co-op lvl 18 siren

Both co-op's have been with a friend of mine.. we had been playing split screen... kinda sucks, because you have to scroll left and right to see the inventory screen... but he bought the game yesterday so now we just play online haha. He lives 1 minute down the road.. and we play online.. seems funny haha and sounds lazy.
Before I bought my house. The apartment I was in was upstairs from my buddy. We played online and I could here him throw his controller when I would beat him at something. :D

evilcheeba21
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I rented this game for a few day and I really liked it. Ended up a lvl 21 hunter with a few really kickass guns. Those shock snipers are something else, lol. It is a fun game, I'm an FPS guy who hasn't really played RPG's since my younger days with the NES. Those were pretty basic though. I noticed if you co-op with someone who is quite a bit higher level than you it is easier to level. I played with my son and I was lvl 16 when he started and we ended up him at level 17 and me just reaching 20. Frustrating that he was an easy kill early. I think everyone should give the game a try, it is a bit different than most games.

Bakeman
11-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Before I bought my house. The apartment I was in was upstairs from my buddy. We played online and I could here him throw his controller when I would beat him at something. :D

Haha nice :)

oddjob428
11-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I asked a friend of mine if the game was as good as Fallout and he said yes, maybe even better. He is playing it alone because he doesn't have internet so I'm looking forward to trying out the co-op gameplay when I get it.

Unreal
11-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I asked a friend of mine if the game was as good as Fallout and he said yes, maybe even better. He is playing it alone because he doesn't have internet so I'm looking forward to trying out the co-op gameplay when I get it.
It is a lot more fun in co-op. Mind you the single player is just as fun. So it is win-win :D

Vampero
11-15-2009, 11:46 PM
I got the game and like it very much,It is a lot of fun to play.