PDA

View Full Version : Please help out...CD ripping

Dre
03-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone, I know I've seen this here b4, just can't seem to find the thread.

I remember reading in someone's post a while back that the xbox could read mp3 cd's when they were on a CDRW. I tried.. I can't get it to work! Has anyone even had success doing this or is it just peeps that were trying to sound cool?

If it does work, does the structure of the cd matter? I.E. do I have to put all mp3's on the root of the cd or can they be organized in separate folders.

Also, if you did get it to work, can you please let me know what kind of CDRW you used?

Thats about it,
Thanks in advance....

JJaX
03-11-2002, 12:37 PM
That guy was a moron. He thought burning CD-RWs with your Mp3's into audio tracks was the same thing as burning MP3's as a data disc were the same thing.

Just burn an audio CD using CD-RW and you will be fine.

You cant burn a data CD filled with Mp3's. (well you can but your xbox cant read them)

You know what im saying?

But as far as i know almost ALL CD-RWs work fine. And only certain CD-Rs work.

Romo28
03-11-2002, 02:09 PM
Well, Burning them on an IMATION CD-RW with Easy CD Creater is one combo that does not work.

JJaX
03-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Romo28
Well, Burning them on an IMATION CD-RW with Easy CD Creater is one combo that does not work.

Did you create a data disc or audio disc. Sorry if you think its a dumb question, Youd be surprised that people will burn as data and claim they dont work.

wweomaniac
03-11-2002, 03:23 PM
JJax is right. An mp3 cd won't work on the xbox.

you can burn an audio cdrw with mp3s... but an mp3 cd won't work.

BTW... only CDRW's work. Don't try CDR's since they don't work on the xbox.

Kooster
03-11-2002, 03:38 PM
I burn mp3s onto maxell CDRWs and it works.

Romo28
03-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Nope... I used the Audio option in the program when you compile the music. I didnt use data. I dont know what doesnt let me make a recognizable cd. I also heard that if you cancel the burning process before it's complete, it doesntr finalize and it will work. I tryed this to no avail.:(