PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 Discussions

trebek_dkm
11-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I can't believe that MW2 is removing the private/party chat from multiplayer. I don't want to hear annoying 12 year olds or people playing music in the background. This will seriously diminish my multiplayer experience.

If you agree, fill this discussion thread. Maybe Infinity Ward will listen!

ElementaLSPOngE

Dan 140
11-08-2009, 11:14 AM
I can't believe that MW2 is removing the private/party chat from multiplayer. I don't want to hear annoying 12 year olds or people playing music in the background. This will seriously diminish my multiplayer experience.

If you agree, fill this discussion thread. Maybe Infinity Ward will listen!

ElementaLSPOngE

it hasnt been confermed yet so hopefully they havent, and if they have then its going to be the worse game on the year!

bdavid81
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
It's only banned in specific modes... rather annoying for those of us that didn't actually use it to 'cheat', but just to continue talking... but that's life.

Conchord
11-08-2009, 12:45 PM
How about hardcore? Granted, the little ****bags don't usually show up there, but just in case......

HaZarD SFD
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Thats why there is a party mode and you and your friends can only hear each other..

OBL infad3ll
11-08-2009, 06:56 PM
no it is a confirmed fact, the only modes you can use party chat with are mercenary TDM and free for all. i think it is a stupid idea to remove party chat as i also dont want to hear every 13 yearold scream the N word because he thinks he is so dam cool.

Conchord
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I have been AWOL form live for a few years now... so is live still like that, really?

How sad... so, there is no way to simply chat with a few people on your team at a time in hardcore modes??

Kiddingo
11-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Where's this info coming from? Wait this doesn't effect being in your own Xbox Live party, right? Shouldn't effect me too much, but it does seem as though they are taking a step backwards here.

OBL infad3ll
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
my friend has a copy early, that is where the info is coming from. but if you are in a live party then the game wont let you choose game types other then the two allowed.

Kiddingo
11-08-2009, 11:24 PM
well this eats sh_t....

http://www.justvideogames.co.uk/wp-content/themes/mimbo2.2/images//xbox-modern-warfare-2-chat.jpg

Fargoth
11-09-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm assuming this is because of cheating within game such as search and destroy. Normally I just don't wear a mic unless I'm with people in the first place and if they annoy me well mute em.

Variation-XBA
11-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Makes sence to me tbh, cause people would cheat and just follow other people on ghost cam and shout where they were to get an edge. If people want to cheat they'll just pick up a phone or skype or something while playing.

Jimpanse
11-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Makes sence to me tbh, cause people would cheat and just follow other people on ghost cam and shout where they were to get an edge. If people want to cheat they'll just pick up a phone or skype or something while playing.

WORD !
If people want to cheat, they can use Teamspeak or Skype or whatever!
so, the deactivation of the Partychat makes NO sense! :bang:

I will get my COD6 tomorrow :)

Conchord
11-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I am confused, so you can't even travel in parties to play games with your friends?

All I want to do is play hardcore mode with a couple friends................

Kiddingo
11-11-2009, 07:27 AM
After 5 hours of MW2 multiplayer gaming last night, I have to admit this party ban isn't so bad.

I was still able join up with my friends through the ingame party system and with click of the A button disable all the douche-baggins that I didn't want to hear. My experience was awesome as ever..

Fargoth
11-11-2009, 01:32 PM
I hate amazon so much I;m going to the store later to get it. Rather then deliver it on release date they delivering it exactly 9 buisness days which is the max. I'm positive this is the last thing I'm ordering there. In fact I'm canceling it now.

l Maximus l
11-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I don't use my mic anyway... It's somewhere in a box... I have a wireless one, too. Unless I know everyone in the room, I never use it.

Tomorrow, I turn 34 years old...I especially can't stand little turds yapping their jaws.

Conchord
11-12-2009, 03:07 AM
I guess you could just mute all the annoying bastards, but when all is said and done, I will have had to block 98% of xbox live.

WickedPT
11-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I hate amazon so much I;m going to the store later to get it. Rather then deliver it on release date they delivering it exactly 9 buisness days which is the max. I'm positive this is the last thing I'm ordering there. In fact I'm canceling it now.
I ordered from Amazon...I picked release date delivery and got it on the release date. I have never had a problem with Amazon....eBAY on the other hand!! :)

Ya I hate the chatter that goes on in xbox live...I try to do the private parties, otherwise the kids are just sooooo mouthy and annoying, can't even hear the game. The older crowd, like me (31) have to keep telling them to shut up so we can hear what is going on. They should have over 30 rooms hahaha, its a good idea and they really should.

trebek_dkm
11-18-2009, 02:47 PM
I think Treyarch should do like an alternate history type war game. Like Turning Point but hopefully better.

It still pisses me off that I can't be in party chat in Multiplayer. At least they made Ground War have it.