PDA

View Full Version : how much is to much?

crazyotto
03-11-2002, 04:40 PM
How much xbox is to much? I know I play 5+ hours on a normal day.

Batman2372
03-11-2002, 05:06 PM
For me, that would be WAY too much. That would mean when I came home from work, I'd be playing until 11:00 pm. That means no time for my wife or just about anything else...

The more I think about it... 5 hours a day is too much for anyone. Get out and do something... there's so much more to life than just staring at a box pretending to do something. Get out there and ACTUALLY DO IT. It's so much cooler. It's a bit harder, but it's so much better.

Spaztic
03-11-2002, 05:09 PM
yeah the xbox is the greatest thing since sliced bread but, 5 hrs. is a bit to much! I have just way to much to do, and girlfriends to please. I would love to have that much time to play each day, but I think I would also get burnt out to soon!

Snoopy7548
03-11-2002, 05:19 PM
i usually play for about an hour a day, i play for like 20 min when i get home from school, then like 40 minutes after dinner. you should get outside, i dont really get outside that often, but when i do, im playin golf, and its fun, probly as fun as playin xbox, maybe even more fun!:eek: :eek:

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 05:28 PM
If I'm not working or doing activities with my best friend (my wife), I am playing my XBox. I usually play anwhere from a quick 30min - 1 hour session...or an organized game session between 3-8 hours!

All I can say is Halo via Gamespy! :D When you get a few dudes, a case of frosty beverages, and playing Halo on Gamespy on a 43" Widescreen HDTV, only good times are at hand! :D

l Maximus l
03-11-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Tk421

I couldn't agree more. Except I don't drink. BTW Maximus what's in those American beer? 1 or 2 percent? :D

hehe...Admittingly, I don't drink to get wasted...Though, a solid beer buzz is always a pleasure!

Spike Minoda
03-12-2002, 12:48 AM
5 hours?! Do you go outside?
When I am not playing xbox (1hr mon-fri, 4hr weekend) i am either playing baseball, with my friends or with my girlfriend.
I play baseball too much, like an addict. I want to know how to even try out for the minors and work my way up.

;) think about that... only a 5 hour work day, making at least 2 million dollars a year, only for half a year.:cool: If that was for me I would buy a lot of xbox games.

*back in reality

That is just a dream. anyway, i think 5 hours is way too much, for me anyway...:) :) :) :) :)

hey, maximus. as soon as i get cable we should go one on one in slayer or oddball or something. like 50 frags.

homer
03-12-2002, 11:46 AM
i usually play for 8-9hrs with only taking bathroom and food breaks.dont get me wrong i work hard and have a decent social life but i cant get enough xbox...what i usually do is after work go out with friends and try to crash out as late as possible then sleep half way through the day wake up go buy a game and then ply till me knees hurt from siting crosslegged so long.the longeest i have gone with xbox was when i first got the system and halo i think i played for like 12-13hrs with only a 2 hrs intermission after 8hrs then went right back for the 5hr round 2(imm not posting to brag [far from it] but posting for those out there like me who think they are freaks)well mabey we are..at least your not the only ones.:eek:
ps will this kind off play damage my xbox??it is in a very well ventilated stable metal surface and i follow the manuals care instuctions to the T.if so what can i do to avoid any damage i have a bunch of extra computer fans could they help in any way?

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DanieLudacris
hey, maximus. as soon as i get cable we should go one on one in slayer or oddball or something. like 50 frags.

Sounds good, dude! Name the time and place, and I will be there with a Rocket Launcher on!! :D

baggachipz
03-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tk421

I couldn't agree more. Except I don't drink. BTW Maximus what's in those American beer? 1 or 2 percent? :D

American beer has plenty. As much as the foreign ones, my friend. Get your hands on a good microbrew like Dominion or Foggy Bottom in my area, and you're drinkin' good beer. I love drinking beer for the taste and its effects! :cool:

I gotta say, nothing better than multiplayer halo or simpsons road rage as a drinking game! Not that I condone that sort of thing... :D

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by baggachipz

American beer has plenty. As much as the foreign ones, my friend. Get your hands on a good microbrew like Dominion or Foggy Bottom in my area, and you're drinkin' good beer. I love drinking beer for the taste and its effects! :cool:

I gotta say, nothing better than multiplayer halo or simpsons road rage as a drinking game! Not that I condone that sort of thing... :D

Excellent post...it practically brought a tear to my eye! :D

**Sniffle Sniffle** **Tear drop**

OKAY OKAY!! Ya got me! I love you, man! :D

baggachipz
03-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Excellent post...it practically brought a tear to my eye! :D

**Sniffle Sniffle** **Tear drop**

OKAY OKAY!! Ya got me! I love you, man! :D

LOL!

You're still not getting my Bud Light :D

xboxmaster2002
03-12-2002, 03:21 PM
right now 3-5 hrs if i dont work and once PSO 2 comes out prabaly about 15 hrs on non school days and all night on school days i cant wait until PSO 2 comes out.

Batman2372
03-12-2002, 04:00 PM
I found it funny that this article came out yesterday and was posted on FARK.com

<A href="http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/3606.1211">http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/3606.1211</A>

Some of yall might want to take a look.

Snoopy7548
03-12-2002, 05:09 PM
ive had 100% alcohol vodka, i got wasted after one drink. haha, j/k:D

Spike Minoda
03-13-2002, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I took a swig of that §h|+ before the end of a SF Demons game. I puked when I got home. I gave the bottle to my brother and he took it home.

but oh god, it is bitter.