PDA

View Full Version : Mouse or Gamepad that is the question...

FpS_PhReeK
03-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering what you guys would think of an official mouse periphial for your Xbox... This would be great for strategy and of course FPS's....

I know, I know, I can predict your responses,,,, Settle down, Halo did come off fine with a gamepad, but man I have to admit, I play soooooooooooooooooooo much better with a mouse and keyboard. We do not need a keyboard, we need a four button mouse with a scroll for your right hand, and a small pad for your left hand with the 4 directional arrows and possibly additional buttons.... man this would be sweet in my opinion.

I would love to see it. I think they could make the directional pad like a spandex strap-on for your left leg and you could use the laser mouse on any hard surface....

With all of these great FPS's coming down the pike and online broadband support just around the corner I hope that M$ releases some sort of mouse for FPS's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do admit that while the gamepad is not ideal, it does even the playing field somewhat.... but geez with peeps like Maximus playing all day everyday a newbie has a hard time with that steep learning curve. Give me a mouse and I will own you.

PhReeK out!

Snoopy7548
03-11-2002, 07:02 PM
id have to say mouse and keyboard, the mouse is ALOT more accurate at aiming than a d-pad or joystick.

Halo of Flies
03-11-2002, 07:04 PM
You can't really beat the mouse and keyboard setup for FPSs but they're not very good for lazing around on the couch with....

yall
03-11-2002, 07:13 PM
What a coincidence. I was talking about the very same subject in 2 other posts! I agree, a mouse is far better for the precision aiming required for a FPS. Im hoping that microsof, or some third party hardware manufacturer will produce some type of hybrid controller that matches the functionality of a mouse/keyboard setup with the ease of use typically found with a game pad. A good starting point would be something that combined the design of logitechs force feedback mouse with a nostromo or space devilfish controller. If you guys really want something to happen, send an email to microsoft. They have to be aware that a large portion of their market is current/former pc gamers and that this segment of buyers demands a control setup which gives us what we want.

FpS_PhReeK
03-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Needs some tweeks before we put an "X" on it.... A step in the right direction though, now they need to make it wireless and make the left side have 4 distinct directional buttons and capable of straping to my leg... then I can sit in my recliner and use the mouse ont end table.... oh the joy!

http://www.joy-stick.net/images/Gm2.jpg

Saitek GM2 Action Pad and Gaming Mouse

PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
03-11-2002, 07:33 PM
I like the Nostromo N30 PC Game Mouse best....

http://www.gamenationtv.com/hardware/images/nostromon30242.jpg

Have to make it cordless and laser though.

PhReeK out!