Variation-XBA
01-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Looks kinda interesting but the trailer doesn't really show anything

Ainokeatoo
01-10-2010, 03:55 AM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/game-profile/1894/Metro-2033.html

Thoughts? Graphics look good.

Please don't let this be just another futuristic shooter lol

Why can't companies create something really innovative instead of building on an old game type. Yes some of the new games have different stories different controls, different online activities. But at the end of the day you're still doing the same thing, run around killing stuff.

Take the old game Iron Phoenix, it wasn't entirely popular or at all popular, which kinda sucked because that was one of the best hack and slash online experiences I've ever had. Why? Because it was new, sure the concept of hack and slash isn't new, but sixteen players running around on one map trying to kill each other, wall running jumping dodging. Or Eight players on each team trying to kill each other. And it always depended on the player, someone with the fastest weapon probably wasn't that great, against someone skilled with the slower weapon would always win because it wasn't just button mashing.

Or the tournament/king of the hill, duel until you get to the top and try to keep yourself there challenger after challenger. "That" was innovative at the time, the lack of story mode probably killed it but you know what I mean. I hope they do something new with this game and that it's not just the same old FPS.

HaZarD SFD
01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Game looks awesome. Gameplay video looks really amazing. It looks like a Futuristic Shooter/Suspense/Thriller type of game like manhunter but more of an intense storyline involved. I might get it for sure just to play a game that feels like a movie but your in control.

Just my 5cents

Vampero
01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Looks like it going to be good.

MXracer721
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Looks good, but I'm not sure that I'll buy it. The graphics are really good, but as others have said, it doesn't really look like they are doing anything new. Hard to tell from that video though.

OBL infad3ll
01-13-2010, 12:33 AM
PC gamer did a really indepth preview and it to me looks like game of the year for 2010. hands down one of my most anticipated games of 2010

Ainokeatoo
01-13-2010, 02:30 AM
PC gamer did a really indepth preview and it to me looks like game of the year for 2010. hands down one of my most anticipated games of 2010

I don't know about the game of the year yet, maybe for xbox, or possibly FPS of the year for xbox. But with FPS's like MAG and Global Agenda making leaps above the rest it will be tough competition.

MAG Is a slight MMO FPS and RTS at times in given situations further more it supports 256 player maps with minimal to no lag, (as far as the beta is concerned).

GA or Global Agenda is an MMO FPS and possibly TPS hack and slash, it's an MMO to it's word I can't explain it in words so you'll have to google some video's to really understand. Could Metro 2033 be game of the year? Possibly, but we'll have to wait to find that out especially till after E3 or whatever they're calling it this year this time.

Variation-XBA
01-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Give it up with MAG Aino :p it's just battlefield with a ton more people.

Ainokeatoo
01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Give it up with MAG Aino :p it's just battlefield with a ton more people.

You do understand if it turns out to be a really good game, I will guilt you into playing it with me right? Lol

The ton more people is what's the driving force behind me really wanting to play this game. That and the fact that I have no games besides FF7 and the resistance demo, which by the way is not a good fps by any stretch of the means.

OBL infad3ll
01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
huh your experiences with the MAG beta have been opposite to mine. for me it lags like no other and 256 people is way too much imo.

Variation-XBA
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
You do understand if it turns out to be a really good game, I will guilt you into playing it with me right? Lol
That would require me supporting the game and wanting it.....which I wouldn't buy so...goodluck with that!

bigger is not always better.

Ainokeatoo
01-13-2010, 10:27 PM
That would require me supporting the game and wanting it.....which I wouldn't buy so...goodluck with that!

bigger is not always better.

We'll see about that!

Anyway, getting back to the original point, if MAG or GA launches right Metro 2033 will have some extreme competition, especially if it turns out to be just another Futuristic FPS.