PDA

View Full Version : Here to HElP out. Heaven and Hell

Englishguy
03-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Hey all, long time strategy game player here. big fan of RTS's and Civ type games. I would love to see RTS's on the Xbox. I can only imagine what they would come up with. Just as long as they don't follow the tradition of other consoles by "dumbing down" the games for the console crowd. Hell, the console crowd on the Xbox consists mucho of PC game players, most of which probably own a Strategy game or two or 20.

I do know of a game called Heaven and Hell that is an RTS that will be coming to the Xbox late this year. So hopefully its good. But I figure if no really good strategy games come out then there is always the PC, but heres wishing!

Magezbit
03-12-2002, 06:20 PM
not that its my forum or anything, but on behalf of myself and .....well thats pretty much it, i commend u for posting, and hope, no, pray you keep on postin'.

jeebus, an rts coming to xbox eh? Do u know who makes that 1 by some odd chance. And about the whole dumbing down issue, im sure its not a problem as there is definately enough space on the dvds and theres surely enuf power cuz, hek its the XBOX were talking about here, i sure as hope wc3 comes to xbox, hek, they did it w/ sc to 64, so maybe....just maybe.... i really wanna see a worms turn based game coming to xbox as well. I know worms blast is but thats looking kinda odd, and theyre taking a completely new approach so i just hope its good.

Englishguy
03-15-2002, 02:21 AM
Yo. Yeah I'll be here for a while. So at least there's two of us. Here's hoping for the future!!

Check out this months Official Xbox mag, as there is a section with all the games that are coming out this year and early next. Thats where I saw Heaven and Hell.

What I mean by "dumbing down" for the consoles is that historically Strategy games that have come from the PC to a console have have reduced resource management and not as in depth game play in order for a "faster paced" game that would, "appeal more to the console crowd." Ug. I hate that. Hopefully with the Xbox this trend will change, as many of the owners of the Xbox have PC's and probably play RTS's and strategy games.

As for the worms game, there is one in the works for Xbox! Fun as shiat that Worms game is. It is also in this months Xbox mag.
You know what, I really think that Xbox mag is really biased, but hell, they have the best info, I'll give them that.

Dre
03-15-2002, 03:42 AM
I'm here... :) You'll definitely see this section pick up once a strat game comes out... So thats me for you.. mr obvious :)

What do you mean exactly by OXM being biased though?

Englishguy
03-15-2002, 03:16 PM
I love Xbox as much as the next guy, but I also am an English major and Journalism minor. So...OXM's content is skewed towards the Xbox, obviously, since it is the magazine for it. Kind of like PSM is skewed towards the PS2. Not a big deal, I just don't put as much value in the reviews. One thing I've noticed is that the first party games have gotten better scores than the third party games, don't know what that could mean, but kind of interesting.

Usually when I read a review, I like a subjective opinion and comments not intending to make the best of a bad situation.

For the record people, I'm not bashing OXM, I love that mag as it has the most info and great demo discs, I just don't rely on all its reviews is all.

Late

Magezbit
03-15-2002, 05:38 PM
awesome, that i got english guy and this other coolness guy, thx both of u guyz, we'll stik together till the end, eh?

but anyway!!!!!!! I GOT MY NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, it took me like 1 hour just to get it working but hella **** MUFASA john simba the 4rth! i love it!

only bad thing is that its 800 mhz, which is decent i guess.

but i finally have a decent 18 gig hardrive and a geforce 4 card!

i can finally play decent games!!!!!!!!!!! but..........i still have a 56k.....heres to the small hope of a future dsl connection....*cheers*

p.s. worms ownz, and i cant wait, o btw what was the name for the xbox worms game? worms blast?

Houzi
03-17-2002, 10:55 AM
I can't believe that xbox doesn't have any strategy games! it's really pathetic! i haven't bought a single game because there's NOTHING THAT I WANT that's out right now... and i don't see any games that are coming out in the future that i'd want either (besides possibly Project Ego)...

COME ON gates!!!! bust out some strategy games!! you say that it's easy to convert PC to xbox code.... SO DO IT!

-Houzi

Magezbit
03-19-2002, 05:14 PM
o guyz, im pretty much almost along the same lines as Hozi, but even tho i love strategy games, i also like games that r original and well made which is basically why i plan to buy jsrf the second i get 80 buks ( i need to buy another controller as well, i only have 1) and i also have halo....but thats halo, every1 has that.

so i guess im just basically waiting for ANYTHING to come out, ANYTHING WILL DO!!!!!!!!.........feel free.......anytime now..........now would be nice........damn

well im sure gates will buy a way for some good strategy game to come on xbox. :D

i also want to get gun valkyrie cuz i just love almsot any sega game and etc, anyway cya dudes lat0rz

Houzi
03-19-2002, 10:22 PM
is gun valkyrie supposed to be good? i was thinking about getting that game too.. since there's nothing else out!

houzi

Englishguy
03-20-2002, 05:54 PM
GV is supposed to have a really high learning curve from what I hear. Othere than that, it looks visually impressive. We shall see.

Magezbit
03-20-2002, 07:18 PM
the leanring curve is supposed to be big-a-mundo. But from what i hear it pays off, 1 guy from egm, the magazine play, and ign.com all pretty much agree that even tho the learning curve is big ( which isnt really that big of a deal for us hardcore gamers, right guyz?) the game still ownz and ownz like hek when u get the controls right, and the game looks fantabulous ( but its the gamesplay that relaly matters, which is supposed to ownz0rz) jsrf is way for me tho......i just love that game.....for reasons even I dont kno ( except that its original) :eek:

Magezbit
03-20-2002, 07:21 PM
its not so bad that theres not too many posts, cuz when theres too many then i never have time to go thru um all ( even if i try to make time) and i cant keep track of all the conv's. sure it wouldnt hurt to have like 6 or so frequent posters tho.....HINT HINT!!! *that goes out to all u viewers but non-posters who SHOULD join us..* (zombie voice) join us............ JOIN US............. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ brains......... xbox.................join us.......... u cant resist..........the addiction........of xbox........... COME!!!!!!!!! .........strategy gaming.........cmon..........dont fight the addiction.............get it? addiction of xbox? xboxaddict.com? heh....thats my little sad joke there ;)

Houzi
03-25-2002, 05:35 PM
so my fellow gamers... how was Gun Valkyrie? did anyone get it yet?

what's the next game that you all are going to get? is there even anything good coming out in the next 10 years?

oh yeah, and by the way... attached is a picture that should bring back some memories of an awesome strategy game. anyone know what it's from? :cool:

Houzi

Magezbit
03-25-2002, 06:00 PM
i unfortunately do not have any idea what game that is from, however it does resemble the little men from advance warz for gba which ownz like a poop scoop. ( thats in a good way btw )

and as for are there any good games out? well i rented jsrf on friday and the game frikin ownz like mad and the multi-player modes r even still pretty good if both people are good. the only realy gripe i have w/ the game is that they took the cops out from the in game lvls while ur going around spraying grafiti on stuff, they have it so first u do the grafitit, THEN in an enclosed area u rape cops, kinda disapointing, and that right there makes the game sufficiently ez.

all in all tho, that still doesnt kill the game as the game still ownz like madz0rz. and i plan to buy gun valkyrie and jsrf on thursday or so when i visit my uncles, so when i get bak from break ill be sure to report on them. :eek:

Houzi
03-27-2002, 12:41 AM
so that one little dude is from this game for Turbo Grafx 16 (PC-Engine) called Military Madness (Nectaris). that game was super awesome and it was made such a long time ago too! you guys should try and find the ROM for it!

yeah, advance wars for GBA is pretty fun, but there aren't enough units. the largest thing is only a Md. Tank! how sad! hahaha. plus its too eazy! i got too many "S" rankings. :cool:

Houzi

cyclaud
03-27-2002, 04:08 PM
play with ur friends

Magezbit
03-31-2002, 03:44 AM
adv. warz frikin ownz like mad in multi-play, unfortunately i only have 1 friend who has a gba and hes not into strat. games at all.

Houzi
04-01-2002, 04:15 PM
yeah, i guess advance wars would be fun with others, but i only played the rom.

i guess i'll be on my comp this weekend... HOMM 4 came out last weekend, but couldn't get my hands on one. so this weekend i'll test it out, getting it in the mail.

did any of you get HOMM4 yet?

oh yeah... also trying to study! haha.

Houzi

ps. how do we put a little picture by our names?

Magezbit
04-02-2002, 12:32 PM
but how do u put a gif next to ur name on the left column?
o and just out of curiosity what might homm4 or w/e it was be?
:eek:

Houzi
04-02-2002, 11:08 PM
Magezbit, to put the pic by your name, called an "avatar", you have to go to "user cp" -> "edit options".

the avatar option is at the bottom of "edit options"

then you have to get a pic that's 50 x 50 pics or less and select it from your comp and make it your "avatar".

HOMM 4 = heroes of might and magic 4. and btw, i just got it in the mail today. didn't get the chance to try it out yet though... i'll let you all know how it is once i do.

maybe i'll get gun valk this weekend. heard anything about silent hill 2? any good?

Houzi

Magezbit
04-04-2002, 07:26 AM
noperz, tell me how the game turns out dude. and yes it is worms. its basically all i do when im not playing xbox... :D

Houzi
04-04-2002, 11:29 AM
you didn't put an avatar by your name yet!

i'll check into worms this weekend... :cool:

Houzi