PDA

View Full Version : HELP- Defective tony hawk 3 disc !?

sdb
03-11-2002, 08:34 PM
Tony Hawk 3 for xbox has no picture for me! The game boots up like any other XBOX game, then right after the XBOX logo goes away, the video completely drops. Strangly the audio is right there! In fact I can use the controller to blindly go through the menus. This is the only game in which i have this video problem, on the exact same setup without touching any wires, Halo and Amped work just fine! This is extremely frustrating, i brought the game back to the same place and got an exchange... same problem. Okay this is where it gets weird... i also have component wires setup at my house (right now i'm in my dorm room) and using the component wires the game works!!!! on the same tv using the cables that my xbox came with, i again get NO picture, just sound... I really need to get this game working with the normal cables that came with my xbox since i cant use the component ones on the tv i have here in my dorm room! please any help or ideas? could it be a defective disc? my xbox works fine with all the other games and dvds i have... thanks for reading through all this and please if anyone can help.. i miss this game so much!!!

Frostberg
03-11-2002, 09:52 PM
What I would advise is go out and buying like those cheap MadCatz video cables...they are like $9 and if it still doesnt work you have ruled out cables...you have an odd problem because you know the xbox works...as well as other games on it...and you know the cable works because you play other games using it...buying cheap cables just seems like a cheap tester...but it still has a good chance it is the game...the whole store you bought it from could have a bad batch or something...maybe if you want you could try to borrow the game from someone or rent it...

wweomaniac
03-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Don't waste another $9. Make sure that your cable is connected to the back of your tv. Hold on it probably is since you see some videos.

Then... my actual suggestion is that you refund the game. I get a video displaying all the skaters... that is after the intial devloper/publisher logos.

REFUND THE GAME!!! That is unless you get the same errors in other games.

FpS_PhReeK
03-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by sdb
my xbox works fine with all the other games and dvds i have...

Well to me that is the most important part of your post..... If your system works fine with other disks, then it is that particular disk that has the problem. I agree with wwfomaniac "REFUND THE GAME!!! That is unless you get the same errors in other games."

Good luck :)

PhReeK out!

sdb
03-12-2002, 12:50 AM
hey thanks for all the replies, i did actually buy another set of wires (monster cable... definitely not the CHEAP tester.. hehe) but that led to the same results. I plan to exchange the game at a different location since i bought it at a chain store with many sites... as soon as i find my receipt. but in the mean time i find it odd how the game does work using the component cables... i'll let u know how it turns out but if anyone knows of anyone else having/resolving this problem please let me know, i checked on another forum and found others with the same problem but no resolution yet... thanks again