PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft rumor...big...

SmileBit
03-11-2002, 09:03 PM
Someone at the cloudchaser forums who is very respected and gives inside info on certain games all the time says Microsoft is interested in purchasing the PC developer "Shiny". This would be nice to offset the Square deal. Does anyone know about Shinys past?

Frostberg
03-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Why buy Shiny...just for the helluva it? I certantly wouldnt want Shiny...they basically make adventure games, such as the Mega Flop Messiah...yeah they lost some $$ on that one...they also made MDK but I dont think it sold like was expected...

THE ONLY REASON TO PURCHASE SHINY:
They are making THE MATRIX!! But thats about it, we can get exclusive rights to the game...leaving the PS2 and GC kiddies crying...but I dont know if Shiny can really make a great game...the best game they probably made was Earthworm Jim or Sacrifice...but even those werent great...and Earthworm Jim was during the "easy" game era without massive worlds, it was just run right, jump and attack...

DIGITAL
03-11-2002, 10:19 PM
yeah there allso making the matrix,an it might be an xbox exclusive.so thats good news if there gonna buy that company

Hugh_Jass
03-11-2002, 10:22 PM
The Matrix *IS* a lucrative license. That might be enough value to warrant a purchase of the company (or at least pay Shiny not to port the game to other consoles).

DOOM
03-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Shiney Also Created Earth Worm Jim!!!:)

nick san
03-12-2002, 10:18 AM
I loved Earthworm Jim, but the third game completly sucked.

JJaX
03-12-2002, 10:20 AM
Shiny always made quality games on the SNES.

Werent they orginaly interplay??

Clayfighter, Rock N' Roll racing etc....

Hugh_Jass
03-12-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Interplay is a publisher and not a developer.

Frostberg
03-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Ok did ANYONE read my post?
I said The Matrix was the only possibly good for buy them, and I noted other games they made (Earthworm Jim)

nick san
03-12-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm sure if they made the Matrix very good, and exclusive, then it would be a sure way to sell consoles.

Snoopy7548
03-12-2002, 05:25 PM
didnt shiny work on messiah? i never played that game, but i heard it was really good.

Frostberg
03-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
didnt shiny work on messiah? i never played that game, but i heard it was really good.

So theres someone else that didnt read my post!:mad:

Why am I being ignored, arg!

Snoopy7548
03-12-2002, 06:57 PM
haha, sorry, i usually get bored while reading long posts.:eek:

Frostberg
03-12-2002, 07:13 PM
oh it wasnt that long...and it was only long because it was informative...but by not reading the post just spins off a new chain of questions and comments by a few other people that I already answered, and its gets annoying...

gula
03-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Someone at the cloudchaser forums who is very respected and gives inside info on certain games all the time says Microsoft is interested in purchasing the PC developer "Shiny". This would be nice to offset the Square deal. Does anyone know about Shinys past?

HEY!!! MY BUDDY IS BACK!!!!!! :mad:

Hey, how about you go to your little Cloudchaser forums, okay? Go chase some clouds have all the fun you want.

egg
03-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Here You go Kids..... CLICK ME OR DIE (http://www.gamers.com/news/1106701)

Snoopy7548
03-13-2002, 04:02 PM
from the looks of it, it looks like microsoft is trying to monopolize yet another industry, the videogaming industry. microsoft has already bought out bungie, rumors about rockstar, and they might buy shiny now. i think this is a good thing, cause then microsoft will have most of the developers making xbox only games, and more people will get the xbox. but it can also be bad if it gets in trouble with the courts again about that anti-trust sh*t

SmileBit
03-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Shiny also made the MDK series. Shinys good anyway you put it.

Frostberg
03-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Shiny also made the MDK series. Shinys good anyway you put it.

Am I so bad that no one ever reads my posts anymore? My one post has said what 5 or so other people have said...

Snoopy7548
03-13-2002, 05:15 PM
hahaha, maybe no one likes you

Plewis
03-13-2002, 05:41 PM
i certainly don't... jk, we all love ya frosty;)

Frostberg
03-13-2002, 06:05 PM
It just gets frustrating when I see person after person after person after person say something that is their WHOLE post, that I have already said...it gets MORE annoying when I have already answered the question, and a few posts down the question is asked again...its like :mad:

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
yeah there allso making the matrix,an it might be an xbox exclusive.so thats good news if there gonna buy that company

Are u serious that they r making a matrix game just for Xbox??

Man if thats true that'll be a good game, might even be up there next(close to ) Halo.

If they r, when is it suppose to be coming out??

Frostberg
03-13-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Halo Perfect

Are u serious that they r making a matrix game just for Xbox??

Man if thats true that'll be a good game, might even be up there next(close to ) Halo.

If they r, when is it suppose to be coming out??

HOLY LIUGIUGYoiug0-6y097 fv ARE YOU F'N SERIOUS??

See guys what makes me mad....LOOK AT THE FIRST REPLY TO THE THREAD@!k;ano[f i
;' jktve;l
',
c'hm,

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Ok did ANYONE read my post?
I said The Matrix was the only possibly good for buy them, and I noted other games they made (Earthworm Jim)

*LOL* earthworm jim what a crazy bad game for n64. o man thats so old school.

Snoopy7548
03-13-2002, 06:27 PM
didnt shiny work on earthworm jim? i forget, can someone tell me if they did or not? haha;)

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
didnt shiny work on earthworm jim? i forget, can someone tell me if they did or not? haha;)

2 tell u the truth i have no idea, bout anything to do with them

Frostberg
03-13-2002, 07:39 PM
lol even thopugh you guys are joking I figure some other clueless person might get on my nerves, so Ill post my first post again...hell Ill post it twice for some pointless reason...

Why buy Shiny...just for the helluva it? I certantly wouldnt want Shiny...they basically make adventure games, such as the Mega Flop Messiah...yeah they lost some $$ on that one...they also made MDK but I dont think it sold like was expected...

They are making THE MATRIX!! But thats about it, we can get exclusive rights to the game...leaving the PS2 and GC kiddies crying...but I dont know if Shiny can really make a great game...the best game they probably made was Earthworm Jim or Sacrifice...but even those werent great...and Earthworm Jim was during the "easy" game era without massive worlds, it was just run right, jump and attack...