PDA

View Full Version : What to buy...Bioshock 2 or Inferno?

wicked_d365
02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I am really torn on what game to pick up this month and wanted to see what you guys think.
I really enjoyed Bioshock. One of the best games on 360, IMO. Looking forward to the sequal, but Dante's Inferno looks really good too. I was on the fence about Inferno because it's single player, and Bioshock will have multiplayer.
I enjoyed the Inferno demo alot, feels like God of War to me, and I love GoW.

What will you guys be buying?

Yes, I know ME2 is out. Not my type of game before you even post it.

LINKINPARK8591
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
i'm sure you already know that i'll be getting bioshock2 but i'll be getting dante's inferno soon enough. The demo was awesome but i can hold off for now. then again my bioshock is already paid for........hmmmmm

Fargoth
02-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes, I know ME2 is out. Not my type of game before you even post it.

Mass effect 2 its so awesome it cancels out and counts as another.

In all seriouslynesses I would go inferno personally but if you liked Bioshock a lot well...

Variation-XBA
02-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Completely different games, if you are that torn maybe wait a day or two and see what reviews are favouring. I'd lean towards Bioshock 2 but that's just me and I'm not huge into the god of war/devil may cry/bayonetta style games.

Vampero
02-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Inferno :nightmare

Unreal
02-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I am going with Inferno myself. I am calling it now that the multi for Bioshock 2 will be crap and it will be dead 6 months after launch :p The first one was amazing though. Like it was mentioned already. Wait for reviews or opinions on both games and go from there.

Conchord
02-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Send me the 60$ and I'll tell you how much they both suck.

wicked_d365
02-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Made a deal with my friend. he's getting Bioshock, I'm getting Dante's Inferno, then we'll trade off. Sweet! I get to play both. :rockout:

Conchord
02-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Perhaps later you can give each other Chili dogs ;)

wicked_d365
02-05-2010, 08:11 AM

negative

Unreal
02-05-2010, 07:04 PM

:rofl:

trublood
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
i am playing inferno but i have Bio Shock too.http://tinytwitt.com/content/15/smile.gif

Variation-XBA
02-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Here's my Bioshock 2 review to help weigh in your decision:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Staff-Review/13230/BioShock-2:-Sea-of-Dreams.html

wicked_d365
02-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Here's my Bioshock 2 review to help weigh in your decision:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Staff-Review/13230/BioShock-2:-Sea-of-Dreams.html
Very nice review.

I'm playing Inferno now, thank you Gamefly. It's very cool, but frustrating at times. Still glad I didn't buy it. Maybe if I catch it on sale at one point.
I played a little Bioshock 2 at my friends and it was sweet. The graphics are amazing, just like the first. The action was fast paced and crazy at points. I told him he needs to hurry up and finish so I can borrow it.

Variation-XBA
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Very nice review.

I'm playing Inferno now, thank you Gamefly. It's very cool, but frustrating at times. Still glad I didn't buy it. Maybe if I catch it on sale at one point.
I played a little Bioshock 2 at my friends and it was sweet. The graphics are amazing, just like the first. The action was fast paced and crazy at points. I told him he needs to hurry up and finish so I can borrow it.

Thanks mang :)

OBL infad3ll
02-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Very nice review.

ya i bought both at midnight and i would say that bioshock is worth the money more than dantes inferno is. dantes campaign is really short (like 7 hours or so) and really easy on the classic difficulty, but really hard and super frustrating like you said on the higher difficulties.

bioshock is the best bet until dantes inferno becomes cheaper.

wicked_d365
02-18-2010, 10:11 AM
After playing a little Bioshock the other night at my neighbors I wasn't impressed. I thought I was a Big Daddy. A big, strong, badass. Not the same guy from the first Bioshock. One hit from a splicer and boom, half my health is gone WTF? Last time I checked, Big Daddys were stonger than splicers. They are in the multiplayer.
The campaign feels kinda the same as the original, and the Big Sister scare wears off after the first couple encounters. I hear the final few hours are amazing, I will have to wait and see for myself.

Inferno is cool, but I feel as I have played it before. Oh wait I have, it's called God of War and it was better.

I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on either of these. Leaves me more money for Battlefield and Splinter Cell.

trublood
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
i've played both
http://tinytwitt.com/content/15/smile.gif
but i like Inferno for some reason :rockout:

yukon-cornelius
03-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Dante's was $39.99 last week at Target ... but I'm sure both will plummet soon on eBay as the next wave of good games hits this spring. If you're willing to pay MSRP right now, then I'd wait a week and spend the $$$ on GoW3 instead.