http://www.mapathy.com/

http://www.mapathy.com/images/content.gif

Variation-XBA
03-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Wonder the price/number of maps.

wicked_d365
03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Wonder the price/number of maps.

Me too. I plan on getting it, eventually. Battlefield is just so much more fun though. COD has lost some of it's luster after BF.

Mapathy. Good one.

Steeps5
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I kinda doubt I would get it because I seem to rarely play multiplayer on any game lately, and with Just Cause 2 coming out soon, that'll really occupy my time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Variation-XBA
03-11-2010, 01:54 AM
I kinda doubt I would get it because I seem to rarely play multiplayer on any game lately, and with Just Cause 2 coming out soon, that'll really occupy my time

Yea, that's going to take quite a bit of my time as well, really looking forward to it.

Flex Capone
03-11-2010, 07:30 AM
I wonder if they'll end up doing the same thing Bungie did with Halo 3 and restrict multiplayer if you don't have these maps.

wicked_d365
03-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Who cares. DICE took a shot at MW2.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/03/10/how-to-avoid-mapathy-without-paying.aspx

Arica Harbor Conquest mode and Laguna Presa Rush mode .

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/Mappack2.png

That's right, FREE maps. This is yet another reason why Battlefield is superior to MW2.

Variation-XBA
03-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Who cares. DICE took a shot at MW2.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/03/10/how-to-avoid-mapathy-without-paying.aspx

Arica Harbor Conquest mode and Laguna Presa Rush mode .

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/Mappack2.png

That's right, FREE maps. This is yet another reason why Battlefield is superior to MW2.

Wow, that's a ballsy move. I mean they are still going to make millions on the MW2 map pack but still....kudos DICE...kudos.

oddjob428
03-11-2010, 09:26 AM
MW2 map pack will keep me busy until the Reach beta.

Vampero
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Wow, that's a ballsy move. I mean they are still going to make millions on the MW2 map pack but still....kudos DICE...kudos.

Both maps are great too!!

mattgame
03-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Has anyone seen the maps?

Unreal
03-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I wish they would release more Spec Op missions.

trublood
03-14-2010, 04:07 PM
i looking forward to this Map Pack! http://tinytwitt.com/content/15/smile.gif

wicked_d365
03-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Price is out for the MW2 pack. 1,200 points for 5 maps. 3 new and 2 from COD4.

The 3 new ones are:

"Bailout," a multi-level apartment complex;
"Storm," an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery;
"Salvage," a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars.
"Crash," a war-torn urban environment (slightly reworked Call of Duty 4 map);
"Overgrown," which features a massive dry creek bed" (slightly reworked Call of Duty 4 map).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4642-And-The-Modern-Warfare-2-Stimulus-Package-Price-Is---.html

Meanwhile Battlefield 2 also gets it's own new maps (as mentioned before) and new uniforms and weapons camo & 4 new achievements.

"With the 4 kit specific unique uniforms and the camouflaged SPECACT personal M16A2, UMP-45, MG3 and M95 SNIPER you have a visual edge on the Battlefield, showing you're a force to be reckoned with. The pack also includes 12 new awards and 4 Achievements."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4643-More-Bad-Company-2-Achievements-Coming-This-Week.html

Vampero
03-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Price is out for the MW2 pack. 1,200 points for 5 maps. 3 new and 2 from COD4.

The 3 new ones are:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4642-And-The-Modern-Warfare-2-Stimulus-Package-Price-Is---.html

1200 points!!!!!!:mad: Thank god I don't need them anytime soon!!$15 for 5 maps what a joke!!!

Meanwhile Battlefield 2 also gets it's own new maps (as mentioned before) and new uniforms and weapons camo & 4 new achievements.

FREEEEEEEE!! HERE!!!!!:yikes::hail:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4643-More-Bad-Company-2-Achievements-Coming-This-Week.html

Can't wait for the new uniforms!!

Fargoth
03-20-2010, 03:52 PM
15$ for 5 maps NO. I glad I stopped playing that game a while ago. If I get enough money I might try to go pick up Bad company 2 now or maybe just stick with my RPG nature and get Red dead or Dragon age.

Steeps5
03-20-2010, 09:18 PM
It's actually more like $15 for 3 maps. Just put COD4 back in for the other 2.

Fargoth
03-20-2010, 09:27 PM
According to IGN these maps were already on the game just hidden. The guys on the podcast were completely correct.

Whisper
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Yeah it will probably include the gametypes too. I'm interested in the nuke one.

sw0rdfish-XBA
03-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I don't understand the philosophy of thinking that this is wrong...

When you paid full price for the game, did you get everything they said you were going to get? When you made the decision to buy the game, did you know that the maps were on there?

While I agree that the price is ridiculous, and I don't go for it, the fact that they're on the disc doesn't mean no one put time and effort into making them. There's still costs associated with it... if anything it saves you time, you don't need to DL them.

Just because it's on the disk really shouldn't piss anyone off... they could easily have kept the maps off the disk, ( yet they're still already finished ) and then made you wait to download 500MBs of crap and take up room on your HDD... and then probably even said "hey we need to charge 1400 points to pay for all the bandwidth cuz we're Activision and we want to make money!"

It's on thing for gamers to get upset about things, but there's no perspective to the things the gaming community gets up in arms about... there's no thought process behind it...

Variation-XBA
03-21-2010, 01:27 AM
I don't understand the philosophy of thinking that this is wrong...

When you paid full price for the game, did you get everything they said you were going to get? When you made the decision to buy the game, did you know that the maps were on there?

While I agree that the price is ridiculous, and I don't go for it, the fact that they're on the disc doesn't mean no one put time and effort into making them. There's still costs associated with it... if anything it saves you time, you don't need to DL them.

Just because it's on the disk really shouldn't piss anyone off... they could easily have kept the maps off the disk, ( yet they're still already finished ) and then made you wait to download 500MBs of crap and take up room on your HDD... and then probably even said "hey we need to charge 1400 points to pay for all the bandwidth cuz we're Activision and we want to make money!"

It's on thing for gamers to get upset about things, but there's no perspective to the things the gaming community gets up in arms about... there's no thought process behind it...

And that's it, people just associate it that way and think they are entitled to everything. If they didn't make maps people would also get upset, so they can't win either way.

I get both sides of it, yea the $15 price is ridiculous, but it's MW2/Activision and people are going to buy it and because it'll sell at $15 more stuff will as well.

Fargoth
03-21-2010, 07:21 AM
And that's it, people just associate it that way and think they are entitled to everything. If they didn't make maps people would also get upset, so they can't win either way.

I get both sides of it, yea the $15 price is ridiculous, but it's MW2/Activision and people are going to buy it and because it'll sell at $15 more stuff will as well.
I sure as hell am not. I might even sell my MW2 I have really had a lot of problems with the people on live and now this? I almost want nothing to do with activision anymore.

Variation-XBA
03-21-2010, 11:54 AM
I sure as hell am not. I might even sell my MW2 I have really had a lot of problems with the people on live and now this? I almost want nothing to do with activision anymore.

That's your choice, but I guarantee you when they reveal sales numbers for the map pack, it's going to be huge.

sw0rdfish-XBA
03-21-2010, 11:10 PM

That's the reason I'm not getting it... though I'd blame IW, not Activision... they didn't make the game... it's not their fault it's broken. $15 is the way it is on XBL now.. we ***** about paying $5 for a ****ty XBA game, but then shell out $15 for stupid maps... if you don't pay, they'll just stop making them...

Fargoth
03-22-2010, 07:32 AM
That's your choice, but I guarantee you when they reveal sales numbers for the map pack, it's going to be huge.

Thats because then rest of the ****ing idiots that comprise of mainly my generation ***** to their parents and being the spoiled brats they are get whatever they want despite the cost.

Steeps5
03-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Thats because then rest of the ****ing idiots that comprise of mainly my generation ***** to their parents and being the spoiled brats they are get whatever they want despite the cost.

Yeah I would completely agree with that (I'm 17), my parents don't pay for anything related to things not school or transportation (car). Too many little kids buying these rated mature games (which in my opinion should have greater restrictions on buying/playing so people don't have to listen to 12 year olds screaming at each other) just ruins the experience of older gamers who actually on average probably spend more due to having jobs (like myself).

wicked_d365
03-22-2010, 09:26 AM
This goes back to the 2K/Bioshock 2 DLC debate. I feel it is wrong to charge me money for something that is already on the disc I have paid for. I don't mind paying for DLC if it's new, but if I'm just unlocking something that I have paid for, then screw you. Sure you put time and effort into it, but to keep it hidden and the charge your fans for something they already own, that's just wrong.

I will end up picking them up, when they go on sale or I win them somewhere,

sw0rdfish-XBA
03-23-2010, 07:49 AM
This goes back to the 2K/Bioshock 2 DLC debate. I feel it is wrong to charge me money for something that is already on the disc I have paid for. I don't mind paying for DLC if it's new, but if I'm just unlocking something that I have paid for, then screw you. Sure you put time and effort into it, but to keep it hidden and the charge your fans for something they already own, that's just wrong.

I will end up picking them up, when they go on sale or I win them somewhere,

2 Things to this argument.... #1. Say they didn't put them on the disc... but they were already finished. How is that ANY different? They just use up bandwidth so you don't whine about how they're already on the disc.

#2. Say you buy a box of stuff. Just random stuff. Brush, Boots and a Hat with a Feather on it. You'd think to yourself "How much money do I want to pay for a Brush, Boots and a Hat with a Feather". and if you agree that the money is worth it, you pay the money, and you get your box of stuff. When you open the box there's another box that says "$5 to open this as well" but there's still a Brush, Boots and a Hat with a Feather on it in the box... you got what you paid for, you got what you expected, how can you complain that you should get what's inside the second box as well?

You buy a game, you don't OWN the game, you own a license to play that game on your XBox 360... the back of the box says what you get and you need to decide if it's worth it. The argument of if the initial package should have included the maps to make the whole thing a better value is one thing... but to say you're entitled to maps ( or anything ) you didn't even know was on the disc is just ridiculous. They're on the disc to make distribution easier, faster and arguable to keep costs down, though it prolly just increases profit, but it's their disc, they can do what they want.

wicked_d365
03-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Nobody cares about bandwith, that's that last thing to care about, WTF!

I'm not saying I'm entitled to it, I'm just saying it's bad business. Just like there "Game of the Year" edition of COD4. Myself and many others did not get our token for the map packs like it was suppose to have. When you contact Activision about it, they say they have no plans of issuing tokens to those who did not receive one.

I'm all about new content, but don't charge me an outrageous amount to unlock something I already have. The Bioshock thing is tolerable, it's only a few dollars. This is stupid, it's $15, and
now they want to charge for 2 maps that we have already played a billion times, one of which was vetoed more than most maps I can remember. No thanks. I'll stick to my FREE Battlefield stuff.

sw0rdfish-XBA
03-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Nobody cares about bandwith, that's that last thing to care about, WTF! Microsoft and Activision care about uploading a 400MB file 5 million times... you don't think that cost them money?

I'm not saying I'm entitled to it, I'm just saying it's bad business. Just like there "Game of the Year" edition of COD4. Myself and many others did not get our token for the map packs like it was suppose to have. When you contact Activision about it, they say they have no plans of issuing tokens to those who did not receive one. those are two completely different scenarios. In one you didn't get something you paid for. THAT is bad business, and I agree you should be pissed.

The new maps weren't included in the purchase price as they were in the CoD GOTY edition.. those are two very different scenarios.

I'm all about new content, but don't charge me an outrageous amount to unlock something I already have. The Bioshock thing is tolerable, it's only a few dollars. This is stupid, it's $15, and
now they want to charge for 2 maps that we have already played a billion times, one of which was vetoed more than most maps I can remember. No thanks. I'll stick to my FREE Battlefield stuff.You have the files, you don't have the license to use them. They didn't say "Buy MW2 and get the first set of maps free!" and now they're charging you.

I agree it's WAY to expensive, but that's regardless of where the maps are, I think $15 is too much for old crappy maps. I like what BF2 did, and included them as a bonus to anyone who buys the game new. Again, that's a different argument.

Steeps5
03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I like what BioWare does better with Mass Effect 2, the Cerberus Network is awesome. All the DLC they've released has been free. Wish more companies were like that.

wicked_d365
03-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Here is the trailer for the Stimulus Package. Enjoy!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MS0A3NgyJBc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MS0A3NgyJBc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LzzrdBoy
03-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Just posted by Robby B. at 3:00PM. Double XP, Dedicated game types, and more starting tomorrow morning with the DLC premier!

http://fourzerotwo.com/2010/03/29/modern-warfare-2-update-march-30th/

LzzrdBoy
03-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Looks like the Stimulus Map Pack download has disabled all MP games in MW2. They keep saying they're working on the problem and will get it fixed.

wicked_d365
03-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Double XP, I may just have to play a little this week.

LzzrdBoy
03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Double XP, I may just have to play a little this week.

According to Robert Bowling, Double XP was going to be turned on at the same time the Pack was released. He mentions in his blog that the team originally planned to turn on DXP on Friday but after thinking it over, they changed their minds. So unless they've switched again, DXP should be active as soon as everyone can get back online.

LzzrdBoy
03-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Per Major Nelson the update is online and ready for download. Apparently there are still some MM issues but those are being addressed as well.

http://twitter.com/majornelson

LzzrdBoy
03-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Confirmed...Double XP is already Live!

Reminder - the new maps and double XP are only in the Stimulus and Stimulus Hardcore playlists. Over 648,000 players currently online. #MW2

mattgame
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Yess!!!!!!!!!!!!

wicked_d365
04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
DICE has stated that they do not plan to charge for Battlefield maps, unlike COD. He also went on to say that they have "generous" amounts of DLC planned for BC2.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4789-DICE---We-Don-t-Ever-Want-To-Charge-For-Our-Battlefield-Maps-.html

Suck on that MW. Yet another reason why I love DICE.

Steeps5
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
DICE has stated that they do not plan to charge for Battlefield maps, unlike COD. He also went on to say that they have "generous" amounts of DLC planned for BC2.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4789-DICE---We-Don-t-Ever-Want-To-Charge-For-Our-Battlefield-Maps-.html

Lol that's probably because they already have so many games out that they still have income from the previous releases, and have some cash to throw around

Fargoth
04-01-2010, 06:57 PM

In all honesty they're just doing this in spite of MW2 to convert people its working on me and a lot of others, but if this wasn't a problem right now I'm sure they would charge for their maps.

LzzrdBoy
04-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm playin' both in an hour or so. Hit me up if you're on. L8R!

mattgame
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm lovin Crash and Salvage. I hated Overgrown in COD4 and I still do. Those type of maps are campers delights and I don't like to camp. Crash is the best of them all.