PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Review ( TEAMXBOX)

Vampero
03-10-2010, 02:41 PM
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1859/Final-Fantasy-XIII/p1/#

WOW...they gave it a 5 out of 10...:confused:
http://media.teamxbox.com/xbox-skins/xbox-360/staff_score/staff_score_5.0.jpg

In a recent interview with 1Up.com, Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase brazenly declared that Square Enix’s latest high-profile, role-playing release shouldn’t actually be classified as an RPG.

wicked_d365
03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Sounds about right. It's getting mixed reviews everywhere. IGN gave it a 8.9, but they are on all the game company's d**k so that is kinda useless.

Alot of people I have talked to that are playing aren't very impressed. I was watching my nighbor play last night and I wasn't too impressed myself.

It has sold over 5 million already.

Fargoth
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I love it....

Ainokeatoo
03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Gameplay 4
Three words describe my time with Final Fantasy XIII: linear, repetitive and frustrating. I like variety in my role-playing games, and FFXIII just doesn’t deliver that.
Graphics 9.5
But, hey, it’s nice to look at! As always, a Final Fantasy game is the best-looking RPG in a given console generation. And don’t worry about concerns that the game looks bad on Xbox 360 compared to its PS3 counterpart: Unless you’re an obsessive videophile, you won’t notice the differences.
Audio 7
While the music certainly isn’t offensive, legendary Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu’s absence is definite felt this time around: Most tracks feel more like background noise than anything else. The voice acting’s competent enough—but I just wish I understood what the characters were talking about half the time!
Longevity 7.5
Final Fantasy XIII will keep you busy for well over 30 hours. The question is, will you want to play it that long?
Innovation 6.5
I’ve gotta give credit to Final Fantasy’s developers for at least trying something new, as always. Sometimes, their risks work—just not this time.
Overall 5

Oh well lol that's just one person, I don't trust IGN to much, a lot of games they said were not good that were, or games that they said were good but were not.

Variation-XBA
03-11-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm REALLY enjoyed it so far, I don't know why all the bad press for it.

I'm working hard to get a lot of hours in and hopefully beat it asap as I'm going to have a review for you guys soon next week.

To me as of now? I'd say about 8/10 for now, but I still have a long way to go.

Variation-XBA
03-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Well I JUST finished it.... 55 hours and I did none of the sidequests, so it's a lonnnnng game.

Writing a review for you guys, should be up next week. I quite enjoyed it, not sure why they only gave it a 5.

Vampero
03-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Well I JUST finished it.... 55 hours and I did none of the sidequests, so it's a lonnnnng game.

Writing a review for you guys, should be up next week. I quite enjoyed it, not sure why they only gave it a 5.
Cool!!

Unreal
03-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I find nothing wrong with that review. A couple of my friends I hang out with said they had to stop playing because of two things. 1) The constant battles and 2) the Linear game path. They didn't say it was bad but it makes it harder to play. So I decided to avoid the game based on those two reasons myself.

Variation-XBA
03-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I find nothing wrong with that review. A couple of my friends I hang out with said they had to stop playing because of two things. 1) The constant battles and 2) the Linear game path. They didn't say it was bad but it makes it harder to play. So I decided to avoid the game based on those two reasons myself.

This whole whining about linearity I don't get, previous FF's were this way as well but maybe didn't look like a straight line (to fake it).

Same thing with towns, they usually only added more gameplay hours since you had to find the one random person to talk to to get the next clue.

The constant battles thing has no merit since you can choose your own fights and see the enemies as you run by, it's not random like older games.

Symmetric-XBA
03-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I've invested over 100 hours into FF XIII and so far this has been one of my biggest disappointments thus far. The levels are WAY to straight forward and you have only one area that is massive that you can walk around and explore. I'm working now on the achv. to get every character to a lvl.5 in every class so "farming" is a good term to use for this game. The boss battles have been incredibly simple and I find myself now just avoiding battles b/c wasting 6 secs. to get only 1000 cp or such is a waste of time. The story I found to be my biggest disappointment. I disliked the constant character switches in the plot, i hated the underdeveloped plot line, and I hate some of the characters as well lol. Yet its just another final fantasy under the belt. Vanille and Hope need to go. I also am not a big fan of the "gasp" that everyone seems to make, and the nonsense that Vanille makes (every time I hear her voice I want to cringe, its like nails on a chalkboard to me). Oh and lets not forget the cocoon l'Cie, pulse l'Cie, cocoon Fal'Cie, pulse Fal'Cie, and the C'eith (however its spelled lol). Why didn't square give more into the actual development of this?

Bottom line, its a final fantasy title. Not a good title, but not the worst either. It def. needed some fine tuning and the plot should have been scrapped from the beginning to be re-worked. I'd give it an overall 6/10. The graphics are the only thing that even lifted up the score to a 6. I miss the days of when you got to control every party member's combat skills. I miss the days of a good plot line story from square's final fantasy team. Most of all, I regret that I got all excited to see the Final Fantasy series come to the 360, only to be let down by Square on a pathetic storyline and annoying characters. I waited for this?? I'd rather stick with Mistwalker any day of the week if this is what I can expect from Square.

Sry, just my .02 (or maybe .01 after taxes).

Variation-XBA
03-28-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm completely the opposite of you Sym, I LOVED it and enjoy the streamlining of the story. I loved the characters and the story (once I understood it). Funny how people are totoally one way or another

Symmetric-XBA
03-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm completely the opposite of you Sym, I LOVED it and enjoy the streamlining of the story. I loved the characters and the story (once I understood it). Funny how people are totoally one way or another

lol exactly var!

the streamlining of the story would have been better i feel if square had actually developed the story more (even you mentioned once you understood it lol).

One thing though is that I miss the old quality Final Fantasy music. I have tons of the old soundtracks that I imported from japan and the music then was epic at least, now though, I find myself thinking that this title missed its mark when it came to the legendary final fantasy soundtrack. Granted this could be b/c all the original crew from Final Fantasy and Square went with Mistwalker. Hence the reason why Lost Odyssey's story was better (some of the chars. in that game could take a hike too lol) and their soundtrack was better. Its just my .02 :) but I wish things could have gone back to the way they were..... quality..

Fargoth
03-28-2010, 04:38 PM

I hate Hope. By Hope I mean Barack Obama. No seriously he's annoying and whiny.

Variation-XBA
03-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I hate Hope. By Hope I mean Barack Obama. No seriously he's annoying and whiny.

He gets better once he confronts Snow imo.

And yea Sym, in my review I mentioned that I do love the soundtrack and music, but it won't be as memorable as past FFs.