PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption's online 'Multiplayer Free Roam'

Vampero
04-08-2010, 07:49 PM
That is cool!!
<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jgPSYtTFCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jgPSYtTFCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

wicked_d365
04-09-2010, 06:57 AM
After that, I really want to play. Riding around with a bunch of friends causing chaos all over the west, sign me up. I will be getting this one.

Fargoth
04-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah the guy at gamestop told me about this and this game seems so new and fresh to me that I just had to put a preorder onto it. Anyone feeling a XBA posse?

wicked_d365
04-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Anyone feeling a XBA posse?

Hell yeah. XBA running the wild west.

Vampero
04-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Cool I will have people to play with yea!!!! From here!!!:rockout:

Ainokeatoo
04-09-2010, 05:13 PM
This is going to be incredibly confusing, so is RDD supposed to be a massive online game where there are however many people playing free roam running around on different servers all at one time in real time? Or is it a GTA Sand boxy game where there are only 16 people on the map at any given time in one game mode. If it's the latter then I'll gladly avoid this, I'm all for free roaming, but I don't wanna free roam with only a handful of people.

The fun of free roaming from an MMO player's perspective, is running around with a hand full of people in the middle of thousands or hundreds of other people all running around as well. Sure if RDD is a GTA sand boxy online game, there are things just mentioned that will make it fun to run around. But how long with that last with just a handfull of people, in GTA it got boring in a good ten minutes. I'm gonna do some research on the title bring back what I can find :).

Edit: =/ Unfortunate news, it seems the latter was true only 16 people, not a game for me :) have fun with it guys, and take lots of pictures! lol

wicked_d365
04-09-2010, 06:20 PM
It's going to be like GTA. I like the GTA style. Works very well for the amount of people it handles.

Ainokeatoo
04-09-2010, 07:31 PM
It's going to be like GTA. I like the GTA style. Works very well for the amount of people it handles.

Eh, I didn't really like the GTA sandbox style, the map was huge and everyone ended up going off doing whatever. Though RDD does invite people to get together and do stuff, I can't help but think the novelty will wear off after maybe a good hour in the lobby the first time, at least to me. Only wish that it was possible to support an MMO like gameplay on RDD that would be pretty awesome, considering levels don't really matter to much or at least that's what it looked like. I like being a show off, rolling into town with a posse of eight shooting up the place but in a community of more than 16 people.

It looks really good though, graphics look awesome, considering the only western I have to compare it to is the horrible xbox port from 360 launch xD that game was fun but everything was ugly, I think i'll wait till after it launches to see what it's about.

Fargoth
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Eh, I didn't really like the GTA sandbox style, the map was huge and everyone ended up going off doing whatever. Though RDD does invite people to get together and do stuff, I can't help but think the novelty will wear off after maybe a good hour in the lobby the first time, at least to me. Only wish that it was possible to support an MMO like gameplay on RDD that would be pretty awesome, considering levels don't really matter to much or at least that's what it looked like. I like being a show off, rolling into town with a posse of eight shooting up the place but in a community of more than 16 people.

It looks really good though, graphics look awesome, considering the only western I have to compare it to is the horrible xbox port from 360 launch xD that game was fun but everything was ugly, I think i'll wait till after it launches to see what it's about.

I hated Grand Theft Auto 4. But when I think about this game and what it offers and how it runs it seems so fresh and new that is welcoming in a sea of remakes and "same game different story" things.

Ainokeatoo
04-10-2010, 02:04 AM
I hated Grand Theft Auto 4. But when I think about this game and what it offers and how it runs it seems so fresh and new that is welcoming in a sea of remakes and "same game different story" things.

I agree, GTA was a good game, when it came out, I liked it, it was fun lol I put some hours into it, but I never really went into the free roam game mode, just because it was never really fun. Though, I hope RDD's free roam is better since they are boasting it as one of the big features of the game, I'll wait till after launch to decide on picking it up.

wicked_d365
04-10-2010, 06:53 AM
I agree, GTA was a good game, when it came out, I liked it, it was fun lol I put some hours into it, but I never really went into the free roam game mode, just because it was never really fun.

You never played with the right group of people. Me and my friends have wasted hours upon hours doing nothing more than racing around, causing chaos, killing each other in free roam/party mode.
I remember one session went on for about 6 hours, but it was so much fun we didn't realize how long we had been playing.

Ainokeatoo
04-10-2010, 08:05 AM
You never played with the right group of people. Me and my friends have wasted hours upon hours doing nothing more than racing around, causing chaos, killing each other in free roam/party mode.
I remember one session went on for about 6 hours, but it was so much fun we didn't realize how long we had been playing.

Lol you're probably right, I didn't game with friends on GTA or much on XBL, I don't go out and buy new games when they come out, hardly a couple a year lol. So I end up playing the old games no one else plays. If you guys enjoy RDD that much I may join ya'll.

Vampero
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Lol you're probably right, I didn't game with friends on GTA or much on XBL, I don't go out and buy new games when they come out, hardly a couple a year lol. So I end up playing the old games no one else plays. If you guys enjoy RDD that much I may join ya'll.
You can join me I will be playing free roam alot...I like the MMO feel it is going to have.We can go hunting and work for the bad or good guys.Then when other clans join in we can try kill them...:cuss:

wicked_d365
04-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Here's the new trailer for the different multiplayer modes.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBPn29lwo8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBPn29lwo8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks like fun.

SamSmith
04-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Graphically incredible... conceptually... everything.

Justin Bailey
04-28-2010, 12:43 AM
man what an amazing year so far for gaming. RDR looks to have what it takes to play with the big boys and contend for GOTY. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Steeps5
04-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Well I just read that during free roam players can form posses and fight in the 16 player world against AI gangs, not just the other players in the free roam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk