PDA

View Full Version : Going to pick up Splinter Cell Conviction?

Symmetric-XBA
04-12-2010, 05:09 PM
If you're one of the millions waiting for this title tonight at midnight, heads up. Don't be surprised if your USB drive that comes w/ the game is faulty. Check the news on the front page for more.

Fargoth
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Eh I'm not one of those sneaky types I'm one of those "***** PLEASE *open fire*"

Steeps5
04-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Gamefly shipped it to me yesterday =P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Symmetric-XBA
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM

the LE?? if so I hope your USB drive works.

Vampero
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Not getting it did not like the demo...lol

Nato King
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I am playing it now and all i can say is wow. very cool. will have more to say later when I am done about a few more levels.

wicked_d365
04-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Same but I bought mine from them.

Steeps5
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
the LE?? if so I hope your USB drive works.

Rental of the standard version actually, nothin special

Nato King
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I have been playing for about 5 hours now and all I can say is splinter cell conviction is awesome.

The story takes place a few years after the end of Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Don't worry, if you never finished that game, you'll get caught up quickly as to what's going on. In Conviction, stealth is the key for beating any level. I was playing one level with khamshaft on co-op and it took us about 2 hours just to get into a building without being seeing. Should you be spotted, the best thing to do is retreat.

The Mark & Execute system is probably the best change to the Splinter Cell series. You can tag or "mark" enemies and executing them with the press of a button as long as that mark is red you are guaranteed a kill.

Not much i can say about this game so far because I am only a few hours in the game but I can say is (It's an amazing game) Worth the buy.

Nato king-XBA

Unreal
04-12-2010, 11:24 PM
I am one of those guys and I don't mind. I get my game for the same price as the regular version. My fingers are crossed that my USB key works.

wicked_d365
04-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Atleast Ubi is being cool about it and warning people and knocking $10 off. Prop to Ubi again. :cheers:

sw0rdfish-XBA
04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Atleast Ubi is being cool about it and warning people and knocking $10 off. Prop to Ubi again. :cheers:

yeah that was a cool move... gotta make sure the retailer you buy it from honors the discount... otherwise tell em to shove it

wicked_d365
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Don't download the update for SC:C when you put the disk in, it will cause the game to freeze on the second level.

Story here (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/13/splinter-cell-conviction-freezing-glitch-video-and-workaround/)

Ubisoft knows and has confirmed it. They say if you have already downloaded the update, then you must clear the system cashe, disconnect from Live, and then you can play offline.

Steeps5
04-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Don't download the update for SC:C when you put the disk in, it will cause the game to freeze on the second level.

Story here (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/13/splinter-cell-conviction-freezing-glitch-video-and-workaround/)

Ubisoft knows and has confirmed it. They say if you have already downloaded the update, then you must clear the system cashe, disconnect from Live, and then you can play offline.

Already seems buggier than MW2...*

*Yeah ignore that statement ^^

sw0rdfish-XBA
04-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Already seems buggier than MW2...

Seriously? Cuz of one bug? have you PLAYED MW2? Glitch Factory 9000.

Ubisoft has already fixed the glitch as I was able to play through that part tonight...

So far this is a solid campaign, interesting, and the new mechanics are awesome...

I'm looking forward to finishing it, and getting some co-op in... easily hangs in there with MW2 and Bad Company 2 in terms of value, quality and overall package.

wicked_d365
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Ubisoft is AWESOME!

Free weekly DLC for those who purchase the game starting tomorrow with a MP7A1 Machine Pistol.

http://xboxlivemedia.ign.com/xboxlive/image/article/108/1083722/ULC_MP7A1_1271264892.jpg
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/108/1083722p1.html

Yet another reason why I love Ubi.

Variation-XBA
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Man, the wait has definetly been worth it. LOVING it so far and I've yet to even try the co-op

wicked_d365
04-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Man, the wait has definitely been worth it. LOVING it so far and I've yet to even try the co-op

Same here. This is the best Splinter Cell since the first one. :hail:

I made it to the Iraq level before I turned it off. I'm playing on Normal and it's tough. Realistic is going to be fun.

This game is sick. The graphic are sweet, controls work well. The mark & execute system is fun and comes in handy when you have a room full of bad guys. My only complaint so far is sometimes it shoots through walls and items and kills.

Anyone want to play co-op, feel free to hit me up.