PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to "dust" that game off...

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 11:01 AM
I know we all know about it after reading our current OXM but doesnt it feel good to know you can dust off that DOA3 game that has been collecting mad crazy dust after the first week you played it!?:D

I must say, I tip my sword to Tecmo for giving back to the Xbox loyal owners. And it's FREE!!!:eek: IN the June issue of OXM that will be available in May!

Check out what da "spot" had to say.

note to self: ** now where is that copy of DOA3?.... Oh their it is!! In the closet next to my 3DO, Atari Jaguar, & Virtual Boy!!! :confused:

hehehe, j/k yo!;)

Tecmo's "booster disc" for Dead or Alive 3 will be available in May.

Tecmo has announced that the Dead or Alive 3 "booster disc" will be available in the June issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, which goes on sale May 7. The disc will contain a new movie, as well as new costumes for various Dead or Alive 3 characters, but players will need the full version of Dead or Alive 3 in order to access the new content. However, a new playable demo of Dead or Alive 3 will also be included on the disc for those who do not own the game.
"The booster disc is my way of personally thanking gamers for supporting Dead or Alive 3," said Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the Dead or Alive series. "We developed Dead or Alive 3 first and foremost for the US market. When we created this bonus material for the Japanese and European versions of DOA3, we didn't want American gamers to feel left out. That's why we're offering these extras free of charge. It's a win-win situation for everybody. Of course, the only system on which this is possible is the Xbox, thanks to the built-in hard drive."

E-Xbox
03-12-2002, 11:24 AM
i would dust it off..
but i am buying it this week...

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 11:29 AM
Those dudes at Tecmo are great....good article, Ninja. It was very well written and very complimentary to all of us DOA3 consumers. Eventhough I don't own the game, I think it's great for people that do to be able to add other things to the current game by this booster disc.

And, what a great example of what lies ahead for XBox!! Seriously! With this type of leadership Tecmo is presenting, I think it's great in that I hope Bungie follows them in their footsteps and does a little adding in Halo, including on-line play for this Summer's on-line forum!

I think I'm going to name my first child "booster disc"....hmmm :confused:

E-Xbox
03-12-2002, 11:31 AM
YOOOO MAX!!@
i cant wait for online play either....
and this week i am buying doa 3 used...
hehe...then i jus need to get the booster disc...
i wish bungie made a booster disc to get halo online properly...
and maybe add some more cool stuff...
hehe...
peace...

JJaX
03-12-2002, 11:35 AM
I dont see why a few new outfits is such a big deal. Its still DOA3s lame gameplay.

E-Xbox
03-12-2002, 11:40 AM
YO!!
JJAx
its not all bout the costumes...
this addon disc is revolutionary for all consoles!
and it starts with the xbox....the greatest console to date...
and it keeps gettin better with time...such as online play coming this summer some time...and games like unreal championship and project ego....i mean PE is gonna be one of the most open-ended games in history and UC will be crazy online.....
so its not all bout the costumes...
its bout the revolutionary idea of the hd in a console with the choice of developers making booster discs to improve the game slightly!!!!

peace

JJaX
03-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
YO!!
JJAx
its not all bout the costumes...
this addon disc is revolutionary for all consoles!
and it starts with the xbox....the greatest console to date...
and it keeps gettin better with time...such as online play coming this summer some time...and games like unreal championship and project ego....i mean PE is gonna be one of the most open-ended games in history and UC will be crazy online.....
so its not all bout the costumes...
its bout the revolutionary idea of the hd in a console with the choice of developers making booster discs to improve the game slightly!!!!

peace

Thats very true

But my point is the fact that its still DOA3. *YaawN*

Mr.XboxLover
03-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Yooohooo (camp little wave)

I get the impression that you guys dont like DOA3. I have preordered it and will be playing it this Friday. All the reviews I have read seem to praise it.

Would you mind outlining whats wrogn with it?

Thank youuuu

Mr.XboxLover

mahalan
03-12-2002, 11:51 AM
DOA has gotten criticism because:

A) the AI is too easy to beat.
B) the difference in combat effectiveness for "button mashers" and those who have mastered a couple combos "intermediate button mashers" is small

A lot of people who are used to learning one or two combos and one counter are disappointed. They can stomp on the computer but occassionally get whooped by some newbie.

This game has GREAT multiplayer capabilities and amazing graphics. Additionally, the expansion will have more than new costumes. It's also supposed to have 50 NEW MOVES and one NEW END SEQUENCE. If you've fallen in love with this game because you've taken the time to master one or a couple characters, the xpack will be awesome.

JJaX
03-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr.XboxLover
Yooohooo (camp little wave)

I get the impression that you guys dont like DOA3. I have preordered it and will be playing it this Friday. All the reviews I have read seem to praise it.

Would you mind outlining whats wrogn with it?

Thank youuuu

Mr.XboxLover

The gameplay is weak.
The fighting unbalanced.
Its far to easy to counter
button mashers can easily win
button mashers who understand counters can be good players
no depth
cant grab when stunned
can counter when stunned
cant hit them when there down, unless you do a downed attack
fights are to short
all moves have the same effect but look slightly different
every combo is either a lot og highs, or 2 highs then 2 lows.
lots of the moves are useless and wont really be used
there "3d" fighting is way to "2d"

The list goes on and on and on and on..........

trust me, After being blessed with Soul caliburs greatness i cant go back to a medicore fighting title. I guess ive been spoiled.

-WorldSpawn-
03-12-2002, 11:53 AM
I agree, it's awesome that they are releasing an add-on, no matter how small or trivial. It is a great precedent that I hope other developers will soon follow <Hint, hint, HALO or Rallisport>.:)
I just hope that the big wigs don't turn it all into a huge marketing scheme and start charging us for upgrades that would have otherwise been included for free. :mad:

Brevity
03-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Bring on the Halo add on disk.:D

Mr.XboxLover
03-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Thanks,

I have just been reading XBM magazine and its lists all the moves for every character. To me it seems that you have to button bash becasue there are too many moves to master a single character.

Thanks for all your help

:)

Mr.XboxLover

JJaX
03-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Thanks,

I have just been reading XBM magazine and its lists all the moves for every character. To me it seems that you have to button bash becasue there are too many moves to master a single character.

Thanks for all your help

Mr.XboxLover

Im not saying dont buy the game :D

Im just saying, If you have proir fighting game experience this game falls short in many places. You might enjoy this. I didnt, but thats just me.

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Dust it off? My friends and I play it all the time. The game is fun, if you have friends to play it with.

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I dont see why a few new outfits is such a big deal. Its still DOA3s lame gameplay.

The big deal? It's more than just a couple new costumes jjax.
All new moves will be implemented as well as a new movie (or 2) also.
Dude, please dont write off Tecmo. True the game gets tiring after a week or so, but you gotta give them dawgs over at Team Ninja props for being the first to give back to the Xbox fans!:cool:

JJaX
03-12-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
Dust it off? My friends and I play it all the time. The game is fun, if you have friends to play it with.

Then 6 minutes later you realize you could be playing halo.......

Bye bye DoA

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
DOA has gotten criticism because:

A) the AI is too easy to beat.
B) the difference in combat effectiveness for "button mashers" and those who have mastered a couple combos "intermediate button mashers" is small

A lot of people who are used to learning one or two combos and one counter are disappointed. They can stomp on the computer but occassionally get whooped by some newbie.

This game has GREAT multiplayer capabilities and amazing graphics. Additionally, the expansion will have more than new costumes. It's also supposed to have 50 NEW MOVES and one NEW END SEQUENCE. If you've fallen in love with this game because you've taken the time to master one or a couple characters, the xpack will be awesome.

VERY well said mahalan, you saved me the trouble of giving my explination that you wrote.;)
The Tecmo DOA series has the potential to be a force in the fighting game gerne, but Team Ninja doesnt seem to want the game to be serious. I think they just want a game any Billy Bob or Joe Shmow can jsut pick up and get into.

Any who, im looking forward to this booster disc even though DOA3 is not one of my favorite fighters.

Im like this, wheather you love or hate DOA3 you gotta have respect for Tecmo for going something FREE for the fans.
Hopefully other developers of other Xbox gamees will follow Tecmo's lead and give their respective games some much needed reply value.:)

On that note, does anyone think the chicks in DOA3's booster disc will be anymore half naked with the new outfits!?:p

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 02:11 PM

Then 6 minutes later you realize you could be playing halo.......

Bye bye DoA

LOL, jjax- you trip me out bro!:rolleyes: We all know Halo is god of the Xbox mix, but there are other games out there aswell junior!
If we only talk about & played Halo 24/7 then this forum board would be boring as hell!:eek:

DOA3 is lacking, no doubt,. Just give Tecmo some respect for giving back to the Xbox fans, sunshine!;)

Sheeeeeeeeesh some people are never satisfied.:rolleyes:

JJaX
03-12-2002, 02:37 PM
I only speak the truFT. I speaking on behalf of real life experiences.

Hey we got 2 xboxs hooked up, linked up, in 2 different rooms, mad controllers and drunk people. Halo sounds bangin compared to button mashing through a weak ass title. Im sorry but DOA SuCKS!

Bring me soul calibur 2!!!!!!!!!

JJaX
03-12-2002, 02:41 PM
In the middle of a heated CTF match

"Hey someone wanna play DOA3!!!"

*JJaX Gets up, Runs into other room and jump kicks fruit out the window

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 02:59 PM

"Then six minutes later you realize you could be playing Halo."

Well no. My friends and I prefer to have a variaty to our multplay. Yes we do play alot of Halo, but we don't just limit ourselves to one game and stick with it. We have the abillity to enjoy things on the Xbox OTHER than Halo. Just because YOU CAN'T enjoy them doesn't mean anything to anyone but yourself. Remember that.:cool:

BTW JJAX, I like what it says under your name. Cecil is the bawm!

JJaX
03-12-2002, 03:10 PM

"Then six minutes later you realize you could be playing Halo."

BTW JJAX, I like what it says under your name. Cecil is the bawm!

I didnt waste space, wasting space is when your moms sleeping with a 5th after eating all the bacos. :D

Whos Cecil?

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 03:47 PM

Trust me little boy, your a waste of space, air, breath, skin and a soul. No intelligent person would make a comment such as the one you did. Then again, not everyone can be intelligent. After all, if we didn't have people such as yourself, how would we know who's been educated and who hasn't. Too bad for you that your parents weren't themselves smart enough to ensure you got a proper education. But like I said, withtout the morons in society, we have no prestige. Good for you, now kill yourself and decrease the surplus population. ;)

BTW: QUIET! SIR SMOKE-A-LOT is on TV YO!!!!

Spaztic
03-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Yeah DOA3 could be considered a "button masher" but how many friends do you have come over and take the time to master the game? Yes, the game dosn't have much one player action (I beat it the first day I rented it) and the end boss is the dumbest thing since peanut butter and jelly in the same jar (stoners idea!). The gameplay is fast and furious! I really enjoyed this game. And if I had the extra $50 to throw around I would buy it! Do to its pick up and play gameplay friends will love to comeover and get their ass handed to them. Yeah you might sometimes get beat by a lucky "button masher" but you don't want to hand there ass to them constantly....my girlfriend would never play!

overall do to its easy gameplay it works for casual fans of fighting games! My friend had soul caliber and he kicked my ass constantly! It really isn't that fun if I know I will never win, just becuase I don't play the living crap out of a game!

Overall I would like to say that it is the BEST fighting game to date.......*waiting for backlash*

Spaztic
03-12-2002, 05:29 PM
........Oh yeah and the bounce in this game is great as well!

Afro Aura
03-12-2002, 05:31 PM
Thanks,

Thanks for all your help
Mr.XboxLover
Hey Dude in the game you've got the same training session hahahha I think they were trying to waste some paper there. Anyway as Jjax said the game is and I mean is the most GORGEOUS game you'll ever look at, but the gameplay doesn't match, NOW with 4 controllers it's a diiferent story

Plewis
03-12-2002, 05:46 PM
I just got rid of it for TH2x... I know TH3 is out, but i could only get a trade with 2x.. but that's ok I hated DOA3 anyways... Never play it anymore... I just show my friends the Christie video:D

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 05:55 PM
As for that game being a button masher, anyone who would come into my house and pick up that controller only to mash the buttons for the entire match would be guranteed to lose against me.

Dre
03-12-2002, 06:09 PM

Trust me little boy, your a waste of space, air, breath, skin and a soul. No intelligent person would make a comment such as the one you did. Then again, not everyone can be intelligent. After all, if we didn't have people such as yourself, how would we know who's been educated and who hasn't. Too bad for you that your parents weren't themselves smart enough to ensure you got a proper education. But like I said, withtout the morons in society, we have no prestige. Good for you, now kill yourself and decrease the surplus population. ;)

BTW: QUIET! SIR SMOKE-A-LOT is on TV YO!!!!

WHOA! What the hell is that all about?! Chill out dude... take some of your own advice and look at what you wrote! Its a forum and everyone's allowed an opinion.. just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean you have to get all Hitler on his ass. Relax... sometimes ppl won't agree with what you think you little brat... just CHILL

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 06:17 PM
When he makes misc. comments about my mother (some one whom he doesn't even know) then why shouldn't I tell him such things? If he's just making a joke, then I don't take such things lightly. I don't know how you children in the suburbs treat your mothers but we LATIN people revear our moms. We don't hate them like so many of you guys do. So why shouldn't I get angry when some little moron makes a comment about my mother. Hell if he were here right now I wouldn't have said anything, I would have just grabbed him and beat him to DEATH. But I can't so I will slander him without cussing. How about that, someone can rant intelligently unlike so many others on WEB BOARDS. At least I didn't cuss him out.

FuNkY mOnK
03-12-2002, 07:13 PM
What this game needs are the women of doa3 to go totally nude that’s what would save this game, oh, and get a real boss in the end to fight, someone more worthy, instead of a discombobulated pest with a disadvantage camera angle. this game was rushed.

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 08:03 PM
When he makes misc. comments about my mother (some one whom he doesn't even know) then why shouldn't I tell him such things? If he's just making a joke, then I don't take such things lightly. I don't know how you children in the suburbs treat your mothers but we LATIN people revear our moms. We don't hate them like so many of you guys do. So why shouldn't I get angry when some little moron makes a comment about my mother. Hell if he were here right now I wouldn't have said anything, I would have just grabbed him and beat him to DEATH. But I can't so I will slander him without cussing. How about that, someone can rant intelligently unlike so many others on WEB BOARDS. At least I didn't cuss him out.

HEY YO!
JimmieDoogan, jjax is actually a good guy. He's was just having a bad day. But that does not give him a reason to disrespect you bro. Jjax, you gotta apologize to dude yo. For real, that was low :(
I was battling jjax awhile ago, bt we squashed all dat mess.
Just tme for you two to kiss and make up! XBA style!

We are all family ya'll! :)

Now back to da topic! DOA3 booster disc! :D

JADE8704
03-12-2002, 08:10 PM
so how exactly is the booster disc going to work? im assuming you download the new add-ons from the disc onto the harddrive, and from there, while you play it should add the extras? hmm, i have to say that is really cool...i hope they do the same for HALO :D

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
so how exactly is the booster disc going to work? im assuming you download the new add-ons from the disc onto the harddrive, and from there, while you play it should add the extras? hmm, i have to say that is really cool...i hope they do the same for HALO :D

You answered your own question buddy!
Doesnt it reek of awesomeness in anticapation to wait for the June OXM issue that ships in May?

JADE8704
03-12-2002, 08:16 PM
thats sweet ninja scroll...just think, we're only at the tip of the iceberg with the xbox...i sure can't wait till we get to the meat n' taters of gaming :D

noodleboy
03-13-2002, 08:00 AM
I think the major thing was what Max said, this is revolutionary. Not only do you get updated material for your 'old' game, but it's free!!!! How many times have you played a game and felt that it was not long enough or way too easy to beat?? Well now the designers can get a bunch of feedback and make additional enhancemants and brand new ideas to incorporate into the game of old. Not only is this beneficial for the customer who threw down his or her cash, but also for the company that created the add-ons. I have seen a few posts on this board alone stating, " Well 'NOW' I'm gonna grab this game that I didn't get at the launch". Which in turn, boost sales of a title that has already been out for a while, and like all titles sees dramatic sales drops. So in essence, all parties gain in the end, you with new stuff for an already paid for title for free, and additional sales for the company that made it.

mahalan
03-13-2002, 08:17 AM
You don't need to learn ALL the combos to master a character. You just need to learn about 6-8 combos and get familiar with the counters. Once you do that, button mashers don't stand a chance.

As far as the moves having the same effect, am I missing something here or don't all moves in all fighting games have the effect of hurting your opponent?

JJaX
03-13-2002, 11:35 AM
You don't need to learn ALL the combos to master a character. You just need to learn about 6-8 combos and get familiar with the counters. Once you do that, button mashers don't stand a chance.

As far as the moves having the same effect, am I missing something here or don't all moves in all fighting games have the effect of hurting your opponent?

Thats true that button mashers dont stand a chance in winning. But they will still do damage to you. I feel if youve "mastered" a game and play a button masher you shouldnt even get hit. Like when i play soul calibur against scrubs, I can toy with them and not even get scratched. In DOA they can mash and hit me some pretty mean stuff. All im saying is when ever we try to play it, it only last about 2 matches at the most.

Ninja Scroll
03-13-2002, 11:44 AM

Your not missing anything junior!;)

The thing is, the reason most people, actually most of the people are hardcore fighting game fans- dont respect DOA3 is plain and simple. It's a button masher title.
Im a fighting game guru, and I feel how my addict comrades **cough*jjax*cough** feel about DOA to a point.

It kinda reminds me of Tekken 3, duuuuuuuuude, that d@mn Eddy Gordo is the cheesiest character of all times. Talk about a mashers dream character:rolleyes:
It's easy to beat his ass with someone like my girl "Nina" or Paul.

But the point is, the true hardcore fan of the fighters respect games like Virtua Fighter, which has a very deep learning curve, and the best d@mn fighting in the world in Soul Calibur.
If developers would mock Namco's or Sega's masterpieces than fighters such as DOA would get the respect it deserves.
I like the game personally, it's just all show, and little action.
But im sure as hell looking for to the first every booster disc for any console game ever!:)

Ninja Scroll
03-13-2002, 11:49 AM
JJAX, chill out dude!!! Yesterday was yesterday!!!
Let that ***** go and move on bro, we dont need that mess man.
Your my dawg and all but this beef has got to end.

Just do what your hero- Ninja Jubei & those newbies did last (or was it the week before?) week and end this in the PM's.:)

JJaX
03-13-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
JJAX, chill out dude!!! Yesterday was yesterday!!!
Let that ***** go and move on bro, we dont need that mess man.
Your my dawg and all but this beef has got to end.

Just do what your hero- Ninja Jubei & those newbies did last (or was it the week before?) week and end this in the PM's.:)

Ok i fixed my last post ;)

Im glad your my peoples NInja. This is how i usually get banned. Id be banned already if it wasnt for you and Max :D Somone starts something and i always gotta finish. I guess ill try to be cool headed about people saying dumb stuff. Ill try out the whole be nice to everyone additude for a while, See how that works out. But for the record, I aint no chump.

Afro Aura
03-13-2002, 01:25 PM
WHOOOH Ninja Scroll
Soul Calibur is the best fighting game in the world come on VF will and always will be the best game in the world in fact I'm gonna but up a poll and we'll see which is the best

JJaX
03-13-2002, 01:36 PM
Ive mentioned Soul Calibur in every DOA thread. I get no Love *sigh*

Soul calubur ownz Me!! :D

Afro Aura
03-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Ive mentioned Soul Calibur in every DOA thread. I get no Love *sigh*

Soul calubur ownz Me!! :D
I'm sorry mate, not to worry I've included Soul Caliber in the list let's see what happens

and yes I do think Soul Calibur is a good game it's sort of in the same league as VF with the parries it's just that I like VF as it's all hands and foot malarkey :D

Ninja Scroll
03-13-2002, 09:38 PM

Ok i fixed my last post ;)

Im glad your my peoples NInja. This is how i usually get banned. Id be banned already if it wasnt for you and Max :D Somone starts something and i always gotta finish. I guess ill try to be cool headed about people saying dumb stuff. Ill try out the whole be nice to everyone additude for a while, See how that works out. But for the record, I aint no chump.

No prob jjax, your my dawg- that's why im your XBA hero & role model Icon Ninja! :D

I know you already told me you were banned once already, we dont wanna see another junior!
Dude, if that were to happen then im gonna have to make a thread titled: " FREE/SAVE JJAX!" :D

Ninja Scroll
03-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
WHOOOH Ninja Scroll
Soul Calibur is the best fighting game in the world come on VF will and always will be the best game in the world in fact I'm gonna but up a poll and we'll see which is the best

Yo Afro,... do you rock a Afro hair cut?:D just curious yo! I rock cornrolls! :D

Anyways, I cant debate with your selection of Virtua Fighter as the best fighter ever.
I felt that way until 9/9/99!

Virtua Fighter 2 was the king until Soul Calibur snuck up on dem boyz.
VF3 in the arcade is my favorite arcade game ever. You ever see the super slick ass white machine the game is in?
It is beautiful, not many shipped in the Us arcades.
Anywho, VF is very deep, but nowhere near SC gamepla system.
Plus you gotta admit VF3tb was a disappointment on DC bro!
Imnot sure about VF4 since it was never released i te US arcades but I dont hear not one pro site or mag claiming anything on the par of being in Soul Caliburs league.