PDA

View Full Version : Official Gears of War 3 trailer

wicked_d365
04-13-2010, 07:00 AM
FINALLY! The trailer is titled "Ashes to Ashes"

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCYbEFe32z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCYbEFe32z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Download trailer on your 360 here (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0bbf0003-0000-4000-8000-00004d5308ab)

Noticeable new features: new double barreled shotgun, Marcus had on different armor, female Cog soldier, and the rumored tentacle enemy.

The thing that got me was that the tentacle monster was not just trying to attack the Cog, but also the Locus.

Also at the end when they show the title, and also the cover art, the Cog logo has something spreading off of it. What could it be?

Thoughts?

Kamshaft
04-13-2010, 07:50 AM
It's posted on the front page.

EMX
04-13-2010, 10:05 AM
<3 Gears.

But this game is a LONG ways off. They shouldn't tease us for such a long period of time, release the trailer in November or something.

wicked_d365
04-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Hot off Cliff's Twitter:

Also, Rod confirmed and I'm posting it here: 4 player integrated story co op in the campaign!

http://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/12106667346

YES! I have always wanted 4 player co-op in Gears. Make sense too with the way the end of the trailer looked and the tag line "brothers to the end".

Symmetric-XBA
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Saw the trailer and I know I'm going to get hell for saying this, but the game looks like garbage. Before you nail me to the cross for saying that just listen. In today's gaming world the graphics engines that drive the titles are becoming more and more advanced. Take a look at Final Fantasy and now Crysis 2 w/ the updated CryEngine 3. The Unreal engine that drives the GoW game imo doesnt even come close to stacking up against this. With that said we move onto the story. First off, Epic had better tie this together real fast in the beginning, otherwise this story is going to be absolutly horrible. Second, w/ the new introduction of these "new tentacle creatures" I find it really hard to see how now Epic decides to throw this new creature in the storyline w/o any previous mentioning of it, on top of that Epic has to tie in Marcus' father in somehow. I personally would like to see how everyone (except the gears squad) becomes ashes. Also on that, how is everyone else except the gears squad dead?? There are too many plot holes so far that I can see and unless Epic gets its head out of its @**, I'm not holding my breath for an amazing story that will leave me w/ multiple "OMG" moments. The 4 player co-op will be nice (if done properly), but in the end I do not have high hopes for this b/c who will choose what character you are in the storyline if you play with 3 other friends? Bottom line, this game needs amazing innovations to even come close to a "3" instead of Gears 2.5. I'd hate to see Gears 3 be released w/ tons of plot holes, a pathetic storyline, and graphics that we have all seen before w/ little to no improvement, just to have Microsoft turn around and say something like "we are coming out w/ a new gears that will take place between gears 2 and gears 3". I'm not holding my breath for this title, esp. if Epic doesn't have a good story backing it up.

This is just my opinion.

Fargoth
04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Problem with Gears for me is that the game wants you to take this seriously like people close to the characters dying and such, but for me I can't find another game I can't take any less serious. Whenever I play this I just run around chainsawing everyone and that runs out after maybe 5 minutes of doing it.

I'll pass

scozzard
04-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok, that is a freakishly awesome trailer. I choked up a bit at the end when "brothers until the end" came up.

Additionally, Dom looks awesome in this. It looks like the death of his wife in the previous chapter has turned him into a bit of a beast... he looks somewhat sad in the trailer but I have a feeling the wrath that dwells within Dom will be unleashed in GOW3.

Wicked, I took a look but to me it just jooks like the logo has been extended slightly to make it appear more awesome :confused:

Now we just have to wait a FREAKIN YEAR before we can play it (for those of us who want to)

awwwwwwwwwww yea:p

wicked_d365
04-14-2010, 07:48 AM
The new enemy isn't that new. It's the Lambent from Gears 2, Cliff has stated that.

From the way it looks to me in the trailer is the Lambent has become it's own entity and is now destroying Earth and everything on it all together, hints the spreading Cog logo.

The female is Anya, the familer voice you hear in your ear in the other games. She has a story as to why she's on the battlefield.

The new weapon Anya hands Dom isn't actually new, but it is to us. It's a Pendulem Lancer. It's the first model of the Lancer we know today. It has a huge blade on it instead of a chainsaw.

I'm with you guys, April 5th can't come fast enough. They just want us to sit and drool at this till E3 so they can tease us all over again.

NickNovocaine
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
according to my sources, the ash figures consist of the people who were killed by the hammer of dawn retaliation against the locust. the 4 player co-op mode will also involve squads without Dom or Marcus apparently. the story is being written by Karen Traviss so we could be looking at a pretty epic story(mind the pun), it is set in Vectes Naval Base, but that is currently speculation if it is in the game or not. the hammerburst will also recieve a scope. multiplayer is also going to get a revamp with region filtering, some gears maps returning and 'maybe' a squad command system so that parties can actually work together. some info i don't know is correct but i'm just putting out there is that the COG is disbanded, with everyone basically a stranded.

Symmetric-XBA
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
multiplayer is also going to get a revamp with region filtering.

This just made me think of the first Army of Two where ppl in different regions can't play w/ one another. I hope that isn't true for this title.

trebek_dkm
04-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm hoping to see some Berserkers in this one. They were one of the coolest mini bosses in the first game. I personally can't wait for this game.

NickNovocaine
04-17-2010, 11:03 AM
I reckon we can all agree that Gears of War 3 will not disappoint. Despite what assumptions will be made about it i think we can all agree that as long as Activision doesn't buy Epic studios within the next 377 days we should be fine.

deen
04-19-2010, 01:33 AM
i aint getitn it

deen
04-19-2010, 01:33 AM
there aint

deen
04-19-2010, 01:34 AM
too bad

deen
04-19-2010, 01:34 AM
i aint gettin it

Justin Bailey
04-28-2010, 12:50 AM
This just made me think of the first Army of Two where ppl in different regions can't play w/ one another. I hope that isn't true for this title.

i think they mean that you can filter out if you only want to play people that are "relatively" close to you, this would help immensely with lag. The way that army of two was handled was def garbage though. I'll never understand why they decided on a completely different set of servers for the PAL version.

Symmetric-XBA
04-28-2010, 01:58 AM
i think they mean that you can filter out if you only want to play people that are "relatively" close to you, this would help immensely with lag. The way that army of two was handled was def garbage though. I'll never understand why they decided on a completely different set of servers for the PAL version.

I agree justin, and THANK YOU for your screen name. That takes me back to the good ol' days.

Justin Bailey
04-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I agree justin, and THANK YOU for your screen name. That takes me back to the good ol' days.

well glad to see we got some old school gamers here :cool:

mattgame
05-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I am not as stoked for this one. 2 was a disappointment for me. The multiplayer was not as good as the first one. This one better be good.