PDA

View Full Version : List is growing of Infinity Ward's losses

Symmetric-XBA
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Now the senior animator and Modern Warfare 2 lead designer can be added to the list of departed Infinity Ward staff. This list is growing almost seemingly daily. More info on this on the front page news.

Fargoth
04-13-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm happy for them. Seriously. They need to show Activision they are the boss of their own ****.

Steeps5
04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Now the senior animator and Modern Warfare 2 lead designer can be added to the list of departed Infinity Ward staff. This list is growing almost seemingly daily. More info on this on the front page news.
I'm gonna guess they're all going to that new company* Zampella and West made

*Respawn Entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Symmetric-XBA
04-13-2010, 10:25 PM
It would appear so, but who knows until things are finalized.

sw0rdfish-XBA
04-14-2010, 12:42 AM
While I have no idae who did what... I think it's funny you can side with one side or the other.... you ever hear the expression "don't bit the hand that feeds you" ?

Those two morons went around trashing Activision for a few years, and if this stuff about going to EA is true... why would you be happy for them? The two schmucks bailed on EA a few years ago, why EA would hire them back or work with them is beyond me.

wicked_d365
04-14-2010, 07:29 AM
I think it's awesome. It's about time someone stuck it to Activision.

A good part of the Infinity Ward team has left and you know they will be joining their buddies over at their new studio Respawn which EA helped them with.
I believe they will make a new shooter in the next couple of years that will rival MW. If EA lets Respawn team with DICE, the game will be unstoppable. Let Respawn handle the single player/spec ops side, and DICE gets multiplayer. Everyone will want it. I know I would.

sw0rdfish-XBA
04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I think it's awesome. It's about time someone stuck it to Activision.

A good part of the Infinity Ward team has left and you know they will be joining their buddies over at their new studio Respawn which EA helped them with.
I believe they will make a new shooter in the next couple of years that will rival MW. If EA lets Respawn team with DICE, the game will be unstoppable. Let Respawn handle the single player/spec ops side, and DICE gets multiplayer. Everyone will want it. I know I would.
While I'm with you about Activision.... These guys didn't make it easy for Activision to deal with them.

Vince and James did the same thing to EA when they worked at 2015 about 7 years ago, and they took half their team with them, and they're jumping back to EA...

I'm skeptical that everything is going to be swell this time around.

That being said, if they make a great game, who gives a ****.

Symmetric-XBA
04-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I find this absolutly hilarious. We all remember what happened back in the day when Tomonobu Itagaki left. This is becoming though far more entertaining.

Ainokeatoo
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
I find this absolutly hilarious. We all remember what happened back in the day when Tomonobu Itagaki left. This is becoming though far more entertaining.

That's was actually different. Itagaki left because Tecmo withheld the bonus that was supposed to be given to him. Which kinda sucks, because DoA was actually one of the best fighting games I've ever played and my most favorite.

Symmetric-XBA
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
you're right aino, however it was merely to make a point that ppl leave when they feel that the company they work for disrespected them. granted the exact details are different, however, the principals are the same.

Ainokeatoo
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
you're right aino, however it was merely to make a point that ppl leave when they feel that the company they work for disrespected them. granted the exact details are different, however, the principals are the same.

It depends really, if what Zampella and "The other dude who's name escapes me at the moment of me writing this" went around bad mouthing the company like it says here or whatever it says here:

"Activision's cross-complaint filed today against Jason West and Vince Zampella makes clear that the company did not arrive at its decision to fire them lightly or without good reason. It further shows Activision was forced to sever the relationship when it became apparent that long-standing attempts failed to convince West and Zampella to conform their conduct to what was required of them by their contracts, company policies and as fiduciaries.".

If what activision says is somewhat true in the slightest bit, then I would have to say it's their own fault, Tomonobu left because of Tecmo withholding money promised to him, shoot, I would leave to and sue the pants off the company but that's just me. Basically if what activision said happened, it was more of a personal issue than the company.

But then again, I could care less as long as they make fun games :P.

wicked_d365
04-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Look, a bunch more left yesterday.

Update: Additional Infinity Ward employees have now left the studio. Lead Designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike are no longer employees, Kotaku reports. Programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini have also now left. Cherubini confirmed he has resigned from his position.

Update 2: Two more veteran Infinity Ward employees have now left. Lead Animator Mark Grigsby and Lead Character Animator John Paul Messerly updated their LinkedIn profile accounts today showing they are no longer with the company. Grigsby spent just over five years at Infinity Ward while Messerly was with the group for over eight years.

The total number of employees that have left Infinity Ward since March, including West and Zampella who were fired, is now at 13.

wicked_d365
04-16-2010, 07:55 AM
To give you an idea of who all has left IW, someone has re-edited the MW2 credits to reflect the chages.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRU5f-081LE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRU5f-081LE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That alot of red marks.

Unreal
04-16-2010, 12:56 PM
The thing is if the original guys left because they were in the wrong and all the new people left to join them. There must be more to it then whats in being released to the public.