PDA

View Full Version : SC P.E.C. Challenges

Symmetric-XBA
04-20-2010, 05:01 PM
There are some tricky P.E.C Challenges in SC. Some of them are taking out enemies when you're 10 meters or more away from your last known position and doing a hand to hand takedown while someone is investigating your last known position.

Ok let me explain how I got these two.

Mission 6 is a goldmine for completing your challenges. When you start there is 1 guard at the gate. Take him out w/ a hand to hand takedown to earn your execute marks (this is critical for setup). Then work your way through the building and down the stairs until you get to a "security room" where you will find a locked door and 3 guards inside. There is a pole that will lead you to the top of the room where you will find a glass celing. Now to the fun parts.

Here are some the challenges you can complete in this one area:

Death from above - kill an enemy using the death from above technique
3x grenade kills - kill 3 enemies w/ a grenade
3x remote explosive - kill 3 enemies w/ a remote explosive
Stunned - Kill an enemy who is stunned by a flashbang or emp
Mark Proficiency - Kill at least 2 enemies with a single mark and execute
Vanish Silently - once you are spotted, vanish w/o killing any enemies
Cat and Mouse - kill an enemy via hand to hand takedown who is INVESTIGATING your last known position (investigating does NOT mean shooting, and I'll explain that here shortly)
Last Known Position - Kill an enemy while standing 10 meters from your last known position.
Portable EMP escape - use the portable emp to vanish while stunning 3 enemies while escaping combat.
Flashbang escape - use the flashbang to escape from combat
EMP grenade stun - stun at least 3 enemies w/ a single emp grenade
Deadly Fall - throw an enemy so he falls 10 or more meters.
Group Neutralization - kill 3 enemies who are stunned by a single gadget.
Remain Undetected - remain undetected for 10 min. after vanishing.

Ok now this will involve some grinding out and some of these challenges you may have finished before you get to this point. Most of them (such as 3x grenade, 3x remote explosive, and more) are pretty self explanitory. I'm going to be explaining an REALLY easy way to get some of the harder ones such as "Last Known Position".

For "Last Known Position" follow this path. When you head down stairs to the security room, climb the pipe. Toss a remote explosive down into the room, DO NOT DROP DOWN. Then climb back down the pipe and go to the locked door. Arm your portable EMP, bash the door down and rush in a few steps to alert the guards. Once you see you've been detected, hit your portable EMP and rush out (your outline for your last known position will be inside the room). Run back up to the first turn in the stairs and detonate the mine, killing all 3 guards inside. Then hit retry from checkpoint and repeat the procedure (you'll get a total of 3 kills every time towards this challenge).

Now for the other challenge "Cat and Mouse". This is why doing a hand to hand kill of the 1st guard is so important. Run down the stairs and peek under the door, and mark the guy to your left (he should be kneeling down fixing something). Then climb the pipe and work your way above the glass roof to the room. Drop down on the 1 guard and do a "death from above", when you land HIT Y to execute your mark, then work your way around to the last remaining guard and stand in front of him to make him detect you. Flash him w/ your portable EMP and create your last known position. Then work your way behind the last guard (who should be shooting at your last known position). As soon as he stops shooting, he'll walk towards your last known position, this is where you want to kill him from behind.

If you have any questions just let me know! :)

Symmetric-XBA
04-20-2010, 05:38 PM
oh fyi rookie diff. is preferred.

Meeknweak
04-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Right on!

Thanks for the tips!

Variation-XBA
04-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Nice, been trying to find a perfect spot to grind them out