PDA

View Full Version : Uninformed Gamers

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 12:16 PM
There are so many uninformed gamers about the XBox's capabilities that it almost seems crazy to me. Many people aren't even aware that the XBox has a hard-drive, system link compatible, on-line broadband built in, four controller ports on the XBox, games to include "XBox extras", ripping your own music to listen to while playing your games, etc, etc, etc.

It's my experience, while working part-time at an electronics store, that I even see XBox owners oblivious to the above capabilities that the XBox has!! Of course, by the time they leave, they are informed by yours truly ;) But, I can honestly make an assessment that only 2 out of 3 XBox owners just have a clue to what the XBox can do. The remaining people have absolutely NO IDEA what the XBox can do.

It's my prediction that given more time, the XBox will be the flagship gaming console in the vast majority of gamer's homes.

I know that this may be hard to believe considering that all of us are hardcore XBox addicts, but, this is really the way it is at the moment. But, people are catching on!!! :)

What are your thoughts?

AlBoogy
03-12-2002, 12:21 PM
If you think about it, how would a casual gamer know the XBox has all of those things? We know because we went to gaming websites and researched it. The only place I've seen info. on paper where a consumer could see it was at best buy. They have it under their XBox display. It's up to employees like you to make them aware of it.

How many XBox units would you say you sell in a day?

Spaztic
03-12-2002, 12:24 PM
I have noticed that uninformed xbox owner trend as well! What I really don't understand is if you are going to throw down $300 without knowing what you are getting! I see that many people just go on others word, and with people's tastes so unique from anothers they end up getting a game they don't want! I have never gotten a game I didn't research, view and even try to play first! Maybe everyone here is rich but I am not so I got to make sure that I spend my money on something that is worth its while!

JJaX
03-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Its called Word of MouF.

If rumors like "the xbox over heats" spread like wild fire. Im sure the facts spread the same way.

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
If you think about it, how would a casual gamer know the XBox has all of those things? We know because we went to gaming websites and researched it. The only place I've seen info. on paper where a consumer could see it was at best buy. They have it under their XBox display. It's up to employees like you to make them aware of it.

How many XBox units would you say you sell in a day?

Good points, and I totally agree. As for XBoxes sold, all I can say is this: We only sold about 2 per day all of last month...this month, we have been selling them out as soon as we get them in! Funny thing is, the XBox is the only console that we do not have displays set up for and they still sell out!! We have tons of GameCubes and PoS2s that have been barely selling at all this month. I think the XBox, atleast in our store, has really taken a huge leap ahead!

The XBoxes never make it to the shelves before they are sold! :D

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I have noticed that uninformed xbox owner trend as well! What I really don't understand is if you are going to throw down $300 without knowing what you are getting! I see that many people just go on others word, and with people's tastes so unique from anothers they end up getting a game they don't want! I have never gotten a game I didn't research, view and even try to play first! Maybe everyone here is rich but I am not so I got to make sure that I spend my money on something that is worth its while!

Exactly, and you are a prime example of a true XBox addict! That's why you're part of the family, dude! :D But, all around us, as you know, are a bunch of idiots that throw down $300 and have no idea what they are buying! :eek: Of course, in due time they will :)

Spike Minoda
03-13-2002, 12:31 AM
I have definately noticed too. Some people dont care. they just go and buy a game system only because the nosy b!+ch up the street says PS2 sucks. get an xbox.

my very own mother didn't know what the xbox was capable of when i called her to tell her i was going to buy it :(. she said $300 dollars is cheap for a comp. I said it is a game system so she said be sure YOU ARE NOT WASTING YOUR MONEY. What the hell? :mad:

Hugh_Jass
03-13-2002, 09:28 PM
Ahem...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7271&highlight=Uninformed+Gamers

Running out of things to say, Maximus? ;)

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Ahem...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7271&highlight=Uninformed+Gamers

what??

well anyway i think that u r all right when u say the emploes have 2 tell the unlucky few who don't know about all the great things that Xbox can do. i mean they can just look at it and not really know what all the ports are for, if they really don't know sh*t about anything, someone has got to tell them and it should be the emploies of the store.

zeek39
03-13-2002, 10:45 PM
ohhh no!!!!!!!!!!

I think maximus is doing an experiment on us... he wants data... He's probably a witch!!! witch craft...... oh no! I'm so scared now I can't go to sleep he's a data witch .... we are all his little piggies and we didn't know it...... I'm crying now because of this fear that is developing.... it's spinning

Thanks for catching him Hugh Jass! You should be ashamed all of you... get all the witches out of here

Highlite23
03-13-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

I agree, how do you not do a little homework before dropping $300.00. I could afford it without a prob, and still waited till xbox came out to decide between Ps2 and the box.

zeek39
03-14-2002, 04:27 PM
Oh no he won't get away with this read my previous post maximus! You good for nothing data leecher

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Ahem...

Well, how about that! You got me!!! :D

Snoopy7548
03-14-2002, 06:17 PM
its also annoying when people say that other consoles have something that they dont, and they use it to diss the xbox, like in my science class, a kid has the ps2, and we were arguing about which was better, and i said that the xbox has a harddrive and the ps2 doesnt, and the dumb sh*t actually said that the ps2 also had one built in! he was serious about it, too. i hate that.:mad:

GuiltySpark
03-14-2002, 08:22 PM
I remmebr arguing with soem ps2 fanboys. They ddin't know half of what the x could do. In the store I usasul help navagate stupid peopel tod escent games and explain the sytems. Most don't know jack sh*t and end buying games like might morphin power rangers for GBA and ps2's when I told soem peopel about it they were really impressed. I think they considered changing their mind. It will come though as more games use those functions that the knowledge will be more wisley used. How many people noticed the dc broswer till nfl2k1? Not many or they simply forgot about it.

shererboat
03-15-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
and i said that the xbox has a harddrive and the ps2 doesnt, and the dumb sh*t actually said that the ps2 also had one built in! he was serious about it, too. i hate that.:mad:

ignorant people are the worst!!!.....ur wrong, ADMIT IT!!

ps2 with a HD??:eek: ??.....BWAhAhHAAha!!!

JJaX
03-15-2002, 09:27 AM
Theres nothing worse than when you're 100% correct and a ignorant SOB insist he's correct. GoD i hate that.

Hugh_Jass
03-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Theres nothing worse than when you're 100% correct and a ignorant SOB insist he's correct. GoD i hate that.

You are SO wrong.

;)

Snoopy7548
03-15-2002, 01:48 PM
haha, yea, thats so annoying. or when they say that the xbox only has 1 good game, and its halo, but they have never played an xbox in their life.:mad:

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 01:56 PM
I had a PoS2 fanboy tell me "Hey, guess what, the Playstation is going to be better than the XBox because it's coming out with a hard-drive".

My response: First of all, it doesn't make sense that the PoS2 would be "better" since the XBox already has a hard-drive. In fact, it came with one standard...too bad you have to pay all that money for you to add-on the hard-drive.

Some people are just plain idiots :rolleyes:

Frink
03-15-2002, 07:11 PM
I heard someone say the Gamecube was better then the Xbox. I hear that all the time and I always end up arguing. Well the kid is going on and on about the Gamecube. Well I asked him if he had a Gamecube. He said "No." I was wondering what is going on. Then I ask if he had played an Xbox. He said "No." I ask him if he had played a Gamecube. He said "No." How can someone even make an opinion if they had never played either of them. I have personally played both and feel the Xbox is better by leaps and bounds. But this kid hadn't played either. I hate ignorrant people.

JADE8704
03-15-2002, 07:24 PM
yea, i hear ya max...i had a friend who bought an xbox(because i suaded him to :D )but after playing it for like a week, he told me he was going to trade it in for a PS2(i was about to smack him)..anyways, his reason for trading it in was that ps2 had more games, and that xbox had really crappy ones(poor, poor joe)..

and as for the add-on HD for the ps2...do they actually think that developers will utilize it's capabilities just because a fraction of the ps2 owners can actually afford one? i don't think they'd bother to make high-end games that are really expensive, just to sell it to 20% of the ps2ers...$150 more? come on! xbox comes with it right out of the box, which is why i can't wait to see the next batch of titles come out for the xbox...because the xbox has a built-in HD, devs know that "hey, we can make games that can't be done on any other system because we know that every xbox owner has the HD"...and that my friends, is very reassuring ;)

Shadow Fox
03-15-2002, 08:52 PM
It's somewhat ironic how this thread popped up...but anyways, "uninformed gamers" are always around, and they're probably the ones talking about consoles the most- mainly because they don't have any of them and they want 'em.

I could go on and on for days on wierd stuff like how some folks actually thought the Xbox played DC, PS2, and GCN games, and how some folks actually thought they'd see 125mps in a working game, but eh...What's worse is the folks that swear the consoles are actually their bash "nicknames" (PS2 really IS a car amp, GCN is a lunchpail/toaster combo, and Xbox is a VCR/PC, etc)...

But it doesn't stop there. I've caught a few people in various lies when trying to defend their console of choice, and there are quite a few of them that still post here, and in the PS2/GCN boards.

Word to the wise: if you don't know $#it about a console, keep your d@mn mouf shut.

*acts like random heathen*

ATL HOE!!!

ahem. ;)

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Snoopy7548
03-16-2002, 11:10 AM
yea, ive played both gc and xbox (i own xbox), and i just preferred the xbox over the gc. i even played the ps2 also, and i still preferred the xbox. people just arent giving the xbox a chance, if they wait like 3-5 months, then some really good games will come out, and the xbox will go online officially with some really great games that will blow the ps2 and maybe gc out of the water.