PDA

View Full Version : Split/Second Demo now Live

wicked_d365
04-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Disney and Black Rock Studios, the team behind the ATV racer "Pure" has released a demo for their newest racing game, "Split/Second".

The game is an arcade style racer with blockbuster movie style action and explosions. The goal, win the race while avoiding all sorts of environmental effects such as a huge dump truck being thrown in the middle of the road, or the bridge your on exploding from underneath you.

Download the demo here. (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000425687f2)

Variation-XBA
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the download link, I'll give it a shot

Steeps5
04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Sweet finally =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vampero
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Cool maybe I will download it..:confused:

Unreal
04-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I want to say that I loved Pure. So I had high hopes for this game. I downloaded the demo and after 4 races. It's a day one purchase.

wicked_d365
04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I want to say that I loved Pure. So I had high hopes for this game. I downloaded the demo and after 4 races. It's a day one purchase.

Really. That is good to hear. I can't wait to get home and try it out.

Unreal
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Really. That is good to hear. I can't wait to get home and try it out.
It took a two races to get the hang of the controls but I can't stop playing it. The only problem I have now is May 18th won't come fast enough and the demo is one track and car :p BTW, I got your fr.

Steeps5
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah I gotta say it's pretty good, very intense with lots of explosions everywhere (until the third lap then you're just ahead the whole time, well at least for me lol). I really like the driving in this game, the grip is great for evading things and just right for starting a drift around turns. They definitely nailed it just for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wicked_d365
04-27-2010, 07:06 AM
This game is amazing.

The graphics are awesome, smooth even when total chaos is going on around you. Sound is killer. When you blow something up you feel it. This has to be one of the best set of racing controls ever, and it's just gas/brake at that, but the car feels like it should. Steering is tight, the drifting is sweet.

One thing that would be nice to add is teh ability to destroy stuff behind you, like if you are in first. I found myself just drifting around because I was so far ahead at points.

I hope I can get this from Gamefly, if not I will prob buy it. I can't wait to try some multiplayer. It's going to be insane.

Variation-XBA
04-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Eh.... I don't get the huge thing about it. Tried the demo, was alright I guess. Seemed very simple to me though, I dunno what it was but it's just not clicking with me, I much prefer Blur.

Bakeman
04-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I liked blowing up the bigger buildings, and seeing the cool replay.. or changing the route of the race..
I thought that was very neat..

It doesn't seem like you can do much to the other cars.... I remember helicopters droping exploding barrels and two buses getting blown up on the side of the road. Maybe I missed something? don't know, but I hope there is more.

The Demo was very fun.. and friend of mine was in a party with me, and both of us were like "woah! that building just exploded" or "woah! I just missed that bus".. was kinda funny hearing us.