PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye. Infinity Ward may be shut down.

Symmetric-XBA
04-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Apparently after the 2nd MW2 map pack Activision may close Infinity Ward down for good. This means no modern warefare 3 by Infinity Ward. There's some more of this story on the front page news, but in summary of an investor's note states:

"Continued defections from their Infinity Ward studio have created meaningful uncertainty around the future of their Call of Duty: Modern Warfare franchise, we expect Infinity Ward studio will be essentially closed after their next map pack release, with development work on Modern Warfare 3 spread between two studios not historically tied to the franchise."

Looks like if anything is going to happen, its up to Treyarch and Sledgehammer to get anything going on MW3. However, Treyarch is supposed to announce its next CoD title on fri. No I don't think they are going to announce MW3 lol.

Its sad, but unf. if your company's investors are talking about closing the doors, its pretty much a done deal, esp. w/ that wopping 75-125 Million dollar lawsuit on Activision's desk. I don't want to use the word corruption, but its amazing how things like this can permeate into almost every facet of our lives.

Unreal
04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
I never played Call Of Duty online anyway. (MW2 Spec Ops was awesome though) Actually I am kind of burned out on the series as a whole. So I don't care :p

Variation-XBA
05-01-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm done with Modern Warfare if they hand it over to Treyarch....

Symmetric-XBA
05-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Well Bungie has talked recently about using an Activision IP for a new project. Who knows but yeah the series is going to be considered by a lot of ppl to be dead and done w/ if Treyarch becomes the sole provider for the series.

Ainokeatoo
05-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Ehhh, this last MW2 did not look good to me, a nuke for 25 kills? Just sounds like they were catering to the extremely casual audience. Gawd, what happened to the good FPS games, :( I wish they would make another Rainbow Six that didn't have all the new fangled things Vegas 2 had, something reminiscent of Vegas one.

Fargoth
05-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm glad they stopped the story before things got more ridiculous than MW2.