PDA

View Full Version : Activision Announces Call of Duty: Black Ops

Vampero
04-30-2010, 05:34 PM
http://games4thought.wordpress.com/2010/04/30/activision-announces-call-of-duty-black-ops/

http://games4thought.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/500x_custom_1272633667070_codbo.jpg?w=500&h=138

Activision announced today that the next game in the Call of Duty series will be “Call of Duty: Black Ops”. As previously expected, the new game will be developed by secondary Call of Duty studio Treyarch. On the other hand, rumors and loose indicators that that the new game would be set in Vietnam turned out to be misleading, as the title strongly indicates a modern setting. In their press release, Activision declares “Black Ops” to be; “an entirely new chapter in the groundbreaking and record-setting, No. 1 first-person action series of all-time.” The decision to follow Modern Warfare 2 with another modern-themed game makes sense, maximizing any and all similarities between the two to draw a larger return audience.

In their release, Activision also dated the new game, and apparently they will be keeping their promise of making “Call of Duty” an annual phenomenon: ”Black Ops” will be in stores on November 7th.

Symmetric-XBA
04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Also reported on the front page news is that apparently a UK retailer may have leaked some new info on the game by posting a description of the game and makes claims as to the included lands. It mentions Cuba, the Arctic, and the jungles of Vietnam.

Steeps5
04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
It's not gonna be as great if it's a Treyarch game, seeing as they've never gotten a game of the year. Well who knows, maybe they'll make something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Variation-XBA
05-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Treyarch.

Big fat pass.

Kamshaft
05-01-2010, 07:08 AM
98BSroF_2sw

Kamshaft
05-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Video also posted on the front page.

dermy21
05-02-2010, 08:26 AM
treyarch no no no

HaZarD SFD
05-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Epic Trailer (Teaser) Hope the game is as good as that trailer. If what I expect is any less then its a pass for me too.

wicked_d365
05-03-2010, 06:52 AM
The trailer is confusing and disorienting. That and is says it at the beginning of the video why I won't buy it, Treyarch.

WAW sucked. Admit it guys. Zombie mode was the only cool thing and that got boring.

Crispin III
05-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Hopefully the COD franchise doesnt get milked over the next few years with short campaigns and "seen it before" multiplayer.. oh wait

all honesty, i enjoyed MW2, but "black ops" just seems a little lame. Obviously it would be called black ops.

Justin Bailey
05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Hopefully the COD franchise doesnt get milked over the next few years with short campaigns and "seen it before" multiplayer.. oh wait

all honesty, i enjoyed MW2, but "black ops" just seems a little lame. Obviously it would be called black ops.

keep in mind this is Activsion we're talking about here. They plan on releasing a new CoD every year, just like guitar Hero. And just like guitar hero, they will run this franchise into the ground.

Folks, CoD as we know it is DEAD. The original creators have all left/been fired and more and more devs are leaving Infinity Ward each day.