PDA

View Full Version : GIMME some ideas for songs to play while playing THPS 3!

wweomaniac
03-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Well... I'm getting tired of jsut listening to Sum 41, and Linkin Park while playing THPS3.... so I need some ideas on songs to DOWNLOAD onto my XBOX.

Please give me some ideas on songs I should download to play with Tony Hawk 3.

Keep in mind that this is an extreme sports game. I thought of two:
Superman by umm.... i forget who;
Elevation by U2;
James Bond Music; and
that "Fly Like an Eagle" song

Gimme some more ideas!!!!!!!!!!! I am open to any suggestions

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Offspring
GreenDay
Blink 182
Beastie Boys

Pretty much any frat band would do well with THPS3, in my opinion. :)

JJaX
03-12-2002, 02:22 PM
Im sorry, But were not here to tell you what kind of music to like.

Batman2372
03-12-2002, 02:22 PM
She just put in a bunch of stuff from 311, Sublime, and Green Day.... pretty much any of their stuff works well for grinding....

JJaX
03-12-2002, 02:25 PM
I have mad albums on my HD.

Then i created a master album and copied all the albums into it so i can just do random.

188 songs for my listening pleasure.

Eminem
2pac
d-12
biggie
CNN
Cypress hill
NAS
method man + redman
ludacris
big pun
pharoah monch

and uhh others

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Dude, I didnt even know THPS3 allowed you to rip your own tunes on it?
Im not a fan of extreme games but my recommendations are all you need.

Korn , Korn, and more Korn. THPS is a extreme game, so you need extreme music!

Follow The Leader is my most favorite Korn album. Just upload all those badboys on your Xbox and it will be all graaaaaavy!:p

:cool:

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I have mad albums on my HD.

Then i created a master album and copied all the albums into it so i can just do random.
188 songs for my listening pleasure.
Eminem
2pac
d-12
biggie
CNN
Cypress hill
NAS
method man + redman
ludacris
big pun
pharoah monch
and uhh others

I feel ya on all your favs jjax, but what kinda game would you play them on? The only thing I could think of would be JSRF, but you cant rip tunes on it:( .
Why do you leason to CD's on your Xbox anyways?
I ripped some joints too, but only in hopes of using them on games.

btw, games like THPS need music that fit it, and Korn is Ninja's choice!;)

JJaX
03-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Your telling me Skating around with NAS flowing in the backround doesnt work????

RAP + SKATING = GooD

When a good rap song tunes up on my random play, i skate a lot better. Nothing prettier than pulling off a 200,000+ combo while hit eM Up is blaring. Plus my skating style just looks sick with the rap going in the back round. Special manuals are my s4it.

Ya stand me Ninja?

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 02:51 PM
THE ACE OF SPADES!!! Oh wait... thats already on the game disc ;). Ummm... Rap you say... well since I don't listen to rap I guess I can't help you. If you were to say, Trip Hop or any techno for that matter maybe I could help, but Busta Rhymes is the only rapper I like, because he is the only one with ACTUAL talent as he raps like no other.

JJaX
03-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
If you were to say, Trip Hop or any techno for that matter maybe I could help, but Busta Rhymes is the only rapper I like, because he is the only one with ACTUAL talent as he raps like no other.

RiiiiiggggggghhhhhhT.............

*JJaX walks away avoiding stomping the s4it outta someone

Public Enemy X
03-12-2002, 04:03 PM
Ozomatli
KRS-One
Jurassic 5
Chino XL
Public Enemy
NWA

wweomaniac
03-12-2002, 04:10 PM
OMG... I got a lot of the songs you guys mentioned on my computer's hardrive. I think I'll go and downlaod some more...

I have all the green day cds and i never thought of downloading them onto my xbox!!!

I'm going to have a hard time downloading every song from every group...... SO from now on.....

COULD YOU GIVE ME THE GROUP/NAME OF SONG??????

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Like you could actually stomp me anyway. JJAX your just a guy who can't live with others aren't ya. You can't accept the fact the people in society have views that differ from others. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean anything to anyone but yourself. I keep telling you but you don't seem to be able to remember that. If your having memory problems I made a little song for you. It is as follows:

"Life is short life is $hit and soon it will be over."

Enjoy.:cool:

wweomaniac
03-12-2002, 04:53 PM
"Arguing over the internet is a lot like the special olympics,
even if you win, you're still retarded."

So lets try to live in peace all. It aint cool to argue over the internet. That's not what it was made to do.

The only way to settle something is through violence, but I don't see any way you two will ever meet in public.

wweomaniac
03-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
THE ACE OF SPADES!!! Oh wait... thats already on the game disc ;). Ummm... Rap you say... well since I don't listen to rap I guess I can't help you. If you were to say, Trip Hop or any techno for that matter maybe I could help, but Busta Rhymes is the only rapper I like, because he is the only one with ACTUAL talent as he raps like no other.

What are you talking about??? Busta Rhymes doesn't have any talent (thats my opinion). Well he does have talent, but not as much as a lot of the otehr rappers. The only reason he is so popular is because he can afford to make million dollar music videos (he's done that twice and he has the record for most expensice music video with.... ummm i forget)

If you want to see rappers with talent, you have to look beyond the mainstream. Thats where you l find most of the god ones. There are some good ones.... Tupac, ludacris,.... (i don't like eminem anymore... he doesnt rap).

^---- my opinion.... not bashing you!!

hypertails
03-12-2002, 05:22 PM
"Eminem
2pac
d-12
biggie
CNN
Cypress hill
NAS
method man + redman
ludacris
big pun
pharoah monch "

agreed.:cool:

*sings*

i got a big weed stash, pockets full of cash, just seen a big ol a**, its saturday!

wweomaniac
03-12-2002, 05:31 PM
I wish you guys could make this music search easier for me.

If you name a group... I'm going to have to look through tens if not hundreds of songs... not to efficient.

How about you get me the names of the songs along with the groups. I am not asking for whole albums... just songs.

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't have thought you were bashing me. I only think him to be a rapper with talent because NO ONE ON THE PLANET raps like him. Everyone else seems to fall into the same exact catagory (including Tupac) as they all seem to rap about the same thing. I liked rap when it was about beats, dancing and fun. Now its about killing, slappin ho's and drinking "FOE-TIES". Some of em also throw the smoking bud thing, but thats not such a bother. I have heard some of Pac's stuff that I actually like, as some of it has to do with his life and ART, but stuff like "Outlaw Thugs" is so stupid. To revear moronic and criminal behavior shows the intelligence of both the Rapper and their fans. Sorry, just the way I feel about it.

Hugh_Jass
03-12-2002, 07:07 PM
N'Synch
Backstreet Boys
Hanson
New Kids on the Block
Menudo
Britney Spears

wweomaniac
03-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Huge, youre breaking my balls.

It aint all about the tunes btw... its more about the lyrics.. If you sat dow and listened (or read) the lyrics.. they should mean something. Anyone could come out with a nice tune, but a true artist has lyrics to back up his tunes.

Toder
03-13-2002, 05:46 PM
Anything form SUBLIME will work. Their music ranges form punk to a hip reagge beat.

JADE8704
03-14-2002, 09:41 PM
i dont know..i may be more old-schooled, but i usually play alittle michael jackson while playing thps2x...i also have bone thugs, dave matthews, linkin park, foo fighters, blink 182..and some others but i can't remember

Woocifer
03-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Put on some In Flames and Meshuggah...don't worry, it's not too late to un*** your collection haha ;) j/k

heartsxcarved
03-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Ya man, In flames kicks some serious butt. Also, get some A Long Winter.. and umm I Have Dreams.. And Old mans Child.. and Heartscarved.. and hero of a hundred fights.. and some Saetia, Zao, You and I, And sometimes I....

kazual
03-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Mellow music can be good skating music too, but if you are into high energy ****, defenetly go with some harder hiphop.. Nothing beats pac when you want high energy music to put you in an aggresive mood..

I personally love playing thps to dave mathews or big sugar.. anything you like would work.

heartsxcarved
03-19-2002, 02:13 PM
I personally like sticking dave matthews cds in my butt.

Spaztic
03-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Go get the Queen of the Damned Soundtrack.....tons of hard ass music to bust moves to! Works the best w/ rallisport!

wweomaniac
03-19-2002, 03:45 PM
hmmm... I hadn't thought of queen of the damned soundtrack.

I just put treble chargers latest (but not new) cd onto my xbox.

Dag78
03-29-2002, 04:03 PM
i think if u like rock/punk music, Millencolin can take the crown for best THPS band. System of A Down is good for it to.

96 quite bitter beings and Ace of Spades are real good on the soundtrack.

or just go out and buy the THPS3 soundtrack if you dont have it. its totally different than the game soundtrack.

lost
03-31-2002, 07:41 AM
Ok all these people telling you to play rap while playin tony hawk obvoiusly have no clue!!! just scroll right past their post and get these...

Bad religion - Suffer
Bad religion - No Control
Bad religion - The process of belief
Nofx - So long and thanks for the shoes
Nofx - Ribbed

Guttermouth

Deftones and Korn too!

DaN_HiBiKi
03-31-2002, 12:16 PM
DaN sez: Korn!

YEAH! KORN!!!1 ;)

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 12:28 PM
If you can find his CDs try listening to some Paul Oakenfold...he has some awesome techno music.

X-Factor
03-31-2002, 03:37 PM
Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal", goes very well with THPS3...

:)

Master Gracey
04-03-2002, 08:18 PM
I'd say anything by the Buzzc0cks works well (especially Mad Mad Judy and Everybody's Happy Nowadays.)

Also try:
Sister Soleil
Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Blur (though very few songs work)
Madness
The Creatures
Pulp
S#x Pistols
Oasis (esp. B-sides like Headshrinker, The Fame, Cloudburst)
Spacehog
Trainspotting Soundtrack

Or if you're in a really odd mood, put in some snazzy-jazzy stuff like:
Dave Brubeck
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Count Basie

Hermes
04-05-2002, 06:28 AM
Only Dawg78 mentioned System of a Down.... You da man Dawg.
Either album slams on THPS3. On Dave Mirra too.

Liquid Gears
04-18-2002, 07:49 PM
INCUBUS AND MATTHEW GOOD BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool: :) :) :)

samslophead
04-18-2002, 11:12 PM
If you don't feel like listening to utter crap, you should get some songs from the "Fat Music" series of CD's (volumes 1-5). These albums include Propaghandi, Snuff, Lagwagon, Face to Face, Bracket, Diesel Boy, Mad Caddies, and a ton of others. If you want to be a sissy, and download other stuff, then that is your god-given right.