PDA

View Full Version : UFC Undisputed 2010.....

Variation-XBA
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Is an ABSOLUTE MUST if you are a UFC fan or liked Undisputed 2009.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Staff-Review/13255/UFC-Undisputed-2010.html

Justin Bailey
05-20-2010, 07:20 AM
How did you get the game already and have enough time to complete a thorough review? Are you a pirate?

Nato King
05-20-2010, 07:47 AM
How did you get the game already and have enough time to complete a thorough review? Are you a pirate?

No he is a writer for xboxaddict.com and most of the time gets games to play and review before Release. We got Alan wake before it was released.

EMX
05-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Before "lunch" ;)

Love me some UFC, can't wait to see Rampage vs Rashad LIVE in a week and a half!

Justin Bailey
05-20-2010, 07:56 AM
No he is a writer for xboxaddict.com and most of the time gets games to play and review before lunch. We go Alan wake before it was released.

I see, my mistake. Anyway to the OP, great review! Can't wait to play it next week.

Nato King
05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Before "lunch" ;)

Love me some UFC, can't wait to see Rampage vs Rashad LIVE in a week and a half!

hahaha I know I must be hungry. lol

Variation-XBA
05-20-2010, 10:47 AM

I don't pirate games, I support the industry :) And yes, I write here so.... ;)

wicked_d365
05-20-2010, 11:12 AM
If you want to play this game online you must have a one time use code that comes in the new games, just like EA and Ubi are doing now.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1091294p1.html

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2010, 01:47 PM

Yes, Var has a pirate suit somewhere in his apartment haha lol. But a piracy pirate nah, it's one of the reasons why XBA staffers are invited to E3 the review group mainly, the guys that supply everyone with new news on games and what not. They get review discs before launch, something like IGN/Gamespot.

Anyways, they're continuing the UFC series? Sounds fun :), I hope they tweaked the fighting mechanic a little, it made me sad to lose almost all the time if someone got a full mount.

If you want to play this game online you must have a one time use code that comes in the new games, just like EA and Ubi are doing now.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1091294p1.html

AND UBI NOW? The hell is wrong with this world...

Variation-XBA
05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
I hope they tweaked the fighting mechanic a little, it made me sad to lose almost all the time if someone got a full mount.

Every single mechanic has been redone and is MUCH more user friendly, but a full mount is a full mount, you need to work hard to get outa that (that or don't let it happen) ;)

Symmetric-XBA
05-20-2010, 04:39 PM
UBI hasn't confirmed that they are going to follow EA's "Project $10". They have said that they are strongly looking into it, but as of now they do not do that.

Symmetric-XBA
05-20-2010, 04:40 PM
a full mount is a full mount ;)

lmao apparently var likes to mount.

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Every single mechanic has been redone and is MUCH more user friendly, but a full mount is a full mount, you need to work hard to get outa that (that or don't let it happen) ;)

LOL Yeah I agree, though still, it was kinda cheap how the only thing someone needed to do was punch you a couple times then pull guard, that's why my custom characters were full stand-up with a strong take down and ground defense. I went into every match looking for a K.O. every game I won, 100% damage on the body 100% damage on the head LOL, just worked'em all day back up and kick when they tried to take down.

Just that full mount was so dang annoying you pretty much lost the game at that point, because it was almost impossible to get the other guy off. Almost, because there were a few times where I got lucky lol.

UBI hasn't confirmed that they are going to follow EA's "Project $10". They have said that they are strongly looking into it, but as of now they do not do that.

I seriously don't get this "charge extra money just to play online on a used game" that makes no sense to me, I mean, sure Gamestop is making money off used games. But it's not like the devs get their money from consumers anyways, they get their money from their retailers, anything to do with the finished product after that they don't get anything. Someone returns the game, gamestop loses the money "they" made at least some of it.

Sure maybe it detracts from the amount of new games sold, but then, the dev has already gotten their money from the game. The only reason I'm strongly against this, is because i'm an avid used game buyer, heck half of my collection is used lol this entire situation just sucks.

Justin Bailey
05-20-2010, 09:30 PM
LOL Yeah I agree, though still, it was kinda cheap how the only thing someone needed to do was punch you a couple times then pull guard, that's why my custom characters were full stand-up with a strong take down and ground defense. I went into every match looking for a K.O. every game I won, 100% damage on the body 100% damage on the head LOL, just worked'em all day back up and kick when they tried to take down.

Just that full mount was so dang annoying you pretty much lost the game at that point, because it was almost impossible to get the other guy off. Almost, because there were a few times where I got lucky lol.

I seriously don't get this "charge extra money just to play online on a used game" that makes no sense to me, I mean, sure Gamestop is making money off used games. But it's not like the devs get their money from consumers anyways, they get their money from their retailers, anything to do with the finished product after that they don't get anything. Someone returns the game, gamestop loses the money "they" made at least some of it.

Sure maybe it detracts from the amount of new games sold, but then, the dev has already gotten their money from the game. The only reason I'm strongly against this, is because i'm an avid used game buyer, heck half of my collection is used lol this entire situation just sucks.

you just answered your own question, the devs/pubs dont see a penny of the money that you spend on your used game collection, so charging a small fee is a way to get some of that money back.

Variation-XBA
05-20-2010, 09:53 PM
lmao apparently var likes to mount.

;);)

it was kinda cheap how the only thing someone needed to do was punch you a couple times then pull guard

Just that full mount was so dang annoying you pretty much lost the game at that point, because it was almost impossible to get the other guy off.

That's how it is in real life though...someone has you in a full mount, you are in BIG trouble, that's why you don't let it get to that point.

I seriously don't get this "charge extra money just to play online on a used game"

I mean, sure Gamestop is making money off used games. But it's not like the devs get their money from consumers anyways, they get their money from their retailers, anything to do with the finished product after that they don't get anything.

See I'm completely the opposite. I never EVER buy used cause I'd rather the dev/studios get my money than EB. That and if something comes out, I'm always a day one buyer. I understand not everyone can afford that but why would EB makes $60 off a used game just for being a pawn shop?

The more new games studios sell the more profit = more sequels and marketing and other stuff. The fact that you usually only save $5-10 off buying used is crap to me so I don't support it.

But anyways, this is a completely different topic and my case being about UFC is that it's true to the sport. You might think mounts of cheap, but I'm guessing you don't appreciate the intricacies to MMA and the technical aspect. /shrug

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2010, 11:38 PM
That's how it is in real life though...someone has you in a full mount, you are in BIG trouble, that's why you don't let it get to that point.

That's the thing though, I understand that, but the ease of getting to that position, on top of holding it just didn't make the game fun at that point. I don't mind going against a challenge, I do mind everyone doing the exact same thing, tackle, guard, guard, full mount, punch, guard, punch, guard. It would be equal to using Ryu in street fighter running backwards and spamming Hadoken or whatever shoots the fireballs from his hands.

I'm not saying it should be easy to get out of, what I am saying, is the fact that it's so easy to get to the position, and then to hold it is a matter of using two buttons. They really don't give you any option other than to try and get out the same way every single time, and it doesn't work because the guy on top of you slaps you back onto your back. Literally there is no opening at that point, there is very little to any way to even get up after you get down from the people who are good at doing this, you'll be lying on the ground the entire time until he gets an opening.

But anyways, this is a completely different topic and my case being about UFC is that it's true to the sport. You might think mounts of cheap, but I'm guessing you don't appreciate the intricacies to MMA and the technical aspect. /shrug

I'm not saying mounts are cheap, i'm saying the way UFC 09 lets you stay in the position no matter what the guy on the bottom tries, is cheap, in 09 if the guy on top was decent at what he was doing you automatically loss, three hits you're done. He hits once, defends and you can't get out, hits again defends, I understand what you're saying, but that was my experience, I tried playing ranked matches, and always lost because the other guy decided to do the same thing over and over again.

It was the same with Naruto RoAN, people abused the side dash which practically let you dodge absolutely everything, (yes I mean this literally) he'd hit you then kept dashing in circles. Just the same buttons over and over again, and it's not like you could beat it because you could never hit him. Just saying, the ability to stay on a full mount was entirely way to easy, but that's my opinion.

wicked_d365
05-21-2010, 07:07 AM

You just contradicted yourself. You say developers don't make money from consumer but retailers. Where do you think the retailers get their money to buy the games? The consumers.

I am in favor of the idea. I look at it like this, it cost the companys to put out bandwith for the games and if someone buys a game used they are using their servers for free. That and the fact it will keep all these little kids offline on good games because their parents are to cheap to buy a new game, do you think they will cough up another $10? Probobly not.

If we don't buy games new then the developers are getting screwed and will stop making stuff and/or shutdown.
I use to buy used games, but it been a while since I have done that. I buy everything new or get it from Gamefly.

Vampero
05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Is an ABSOLUTE MUST if you are a UFC fan or liked Undisputed 2009.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Staff-Review/13255/UFC-Undisputed-2010.html
Like I said before I don't blame them to do that.They make ZERO on used and rented games.Now maybe we will start seeing used games at used game prices and not $54.99 more like $34.99 on a new release used game.:confused:

Variation-XBA
05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
but the ease of getting to that position, on top of holding it just didn't make the game fun at that point.

It would be equal to using Ryu in street fighter running backwards and spamming Hadoken or whatever shoots the fireballs from his hands.

the fact that it's so easy to get to the position, and then to hold it is a matter of using two buttons.

I get what you are saying, trust me. It's only easy to get into a full mount oif the opponent doesn't know how to block ;) Now with 2010, you can block MUCH easier this time. Sure, you might get pounded pulling guard, but at least he won't mount you.

That's how MMA is though, if someone gives up the position and LETS himself get mounted, it's usually done because of the lack of defense of the guy, not the offense.

Countering in 2009 was near impossible. In 2010 it's tricky, but easier to do. Will that get you out of a mount 100% of the time? No, cause that's not how MMA is, which is what they were going for in the game, to recreate MMA (which they've done almost perfectly).