PDA

View Full Version : Oddworld.

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
Am I the only one who thinks this game is mediocre?

Probably :D

yall
03-12-2002, 03:22 PM
I went out and bought oddworld, based on its good reviews, plus i wanted to get something a little different from amped/ssx tricky/jsrf/th2/th3/dave mirra/mx....... So far I've enjoyed the game quite a bit. It's a fun 'mario' type game that fills the need on the xbox for that genre. The graphics and sound are above avergae, and the puzzles and gameplay are interesting enough to get you wanting to come back for more. my only problem with it is the same as all of my xbox games. i never get to sink my teeth into them because my beeyatch is a tv hog!

RudedogX
03-12-2002, 03:28 PM
mario type?!? maybe mario for adults! When was the last time you saw or heard toilet humor in Mario?!?

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 03:32 PM
One of the cool things that I enjoy about Oddworld is that I love the voice interaction. The characters actually communicate to one another...pretty cool.

I also like the graphics and the gameplay is nice. The game is just plain fun and definately fulfills the need for an action/adventure game in my library. Besides, my wife absolutely loves it and it helps me to get her blessing to play my XBox as much as I do! :D

Spaztic
03-12-2002, 05:04 PM
I found oddworld to be really fun during the first part of the game. My girlfriend absolutly loves this games. While I was nearing the end it seemed repetitive and annoying! I played, I liked, but I will never own!

SnOoPy
03-12-2002, 05:08 PM
I'll have to pick this game up one day. I was a big fan of the first Oddworld in the playstation and it was a addictive game, really fun something unique from the shoot'em up, blow up chop head off type of game.

I played the demo but has anyone notice when Abe land on a mine in the demo it pauses for a slit second, Is this just the demo? Cause thats kind of annoying.

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by SnOoPy
I'll have to pick this game up one day. I was a big fan of the first Oddworld in the playstation and it was a addictive game, really fun something unique from the shoot'em up, blow up chop head off type of game.

I played the demo but has anyone notice when Abe land on a mine in the demo it pauses for a slit second, Is this just the demo? Cause thats kind of annoying.

Dude, the demo hugs monkey ace....the actual game is very impressive! You should check it out :)

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 06:34 PM
OK OK OK!

You convinced me!

Tomorrow I'll try to get into this game more.

I feel left out. :(

:)

hehehe :D Dude, it's one of those games that grows on you as you progress...once you get passed all of the directions and stuff, the game gets intense! You'll see... :)

thunderkiss2k1
03-12-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dude, the demo hugs monkey ace....the actual game is very impressive! You should check it out :)

Umm, please do me the courtesy of defining "monkey ace" if you would be so kind, Sir Maximus of Budweiser? :)

03-12-2002, 06:57 PM
I cannot get into Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee. I'm only on like....the 4th level. It was the only game I got the day I recieved my Xbox.

Same here. I can't believe I bought it over Halo... :( . I wish that it wasn't so hyped up. It looked really cool in the commercials and I saw pictures of it everywhere and sure enough, stupid 'ol me bought it. Sorry to everyone that liked it, I just didn't care for it very much :D . In the reviews here a lot of people gave it a 5, and it didn't deserve it. The puzzles were repetitive, and the camera was annoying at times. I wish I would've rented it first, because now I'm trying to sell it. Whatever, read my review if you want to hear me ramble on:o

Munch's Oddyssey, anyone? :D

Hugh_Jass
03-12-2002, 07:55 PM
I love Oddworld but I'm stuck on one of the levels. :(